kenari for a proton preve

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
Hi guys, i was thinking, letting go my kenari for a proton preve, what do you guys think? is it ok for touge? or just keep the kenari. thx for comment.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
You purposely buy a preve to touge?

If yes, then buy. Kenari can touge but not practical.

Y not consider satria neo?

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
i need balance between family and race, however, after test drive the preve, seems like only power at top end, benefits towards more stability, ability to carry more speed into the corner.
my concerns: will the preve be more trouble to maintain compare to kenari? with unknown cvt and so on?

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

other benefits will be 4 wheel disc brake, larger and more comfortable interior compare to kenari. What would you guys do? if u r in my shoes.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

or keep the kenari and take preve??:stupid:

cherabeng

Aug 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
preve is a good car but got some QC issue.. my wife's preve have some sound here and there. have to send back to service center. waiting time is damn long

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
i will reconsider, i like that car though. so, cherabeng, you regret buy this car? u said that brought back to service centre, has the problem resolved?

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
i need balance between family and race, however, after test drive the preve, seems like only power at top end, benefits towards more stability, ability to carry more speed into the corner.
my concerns: will the preve be more trouble to maintain compare to kenari? with unknown cvt and so on?

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

other benefits will be 4 wheel disc brake, larger and more comfortable interior compare to kenari. What would you guys do? if u r in my shoes.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

i kept my viva and bought the preve cfe.
petrol is double the expenses of viva.
preve got those little annoying sound...but i m used to it since my viva also same.
preve rattles alot especially when hard acceleration...my viva rattles all the time since 3 cylinder engine...so never mind, used to it already.
preve must be send to SC in order to maintain its 5 years warranty...so maintenance is more expensive.cek out their maintenance schedule:
http://www.proton-edar.com.my/pdf/procarePackages/1.6(A)Preve_CFE.pdf

overall, preve fits my budget for a family sedan.

cherabeng

Aug 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi bro,

not to say regret. its a good car for that price. but if u ask me honestly, i think proton still got alot to improve la. all these minor minor issues like sound here and there, parts need to change, proton no stock have to wait :-(

the reason we buy is my wife wanted a myvi but i told her to get something bigger and more safer so in the end we chose this.

i will reconsider, i like that car though. so, cherabeng, you regret buy this car? u said that brought back to service centre, has the problem resolved?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya like they said, single get Satria Neo, if not just get Preve. Kenari for touge, just not stable enough. The body is too tall and the
tire distance is too close making it easy to turtle. Just not meant for that kind la kenari. If u say kelisa maybe I'll say keep kelisa and
mod to K3VET :biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

U tested the CFE or IAFM.
Preve best is CFE. I wouldnt go for the IAFM one.
Currently running IAFM on my campro, kinda crap on city drive.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If you are getting the CVT Preve, then keep in mind that maintenance for CVT gearbox is not really cheap. If something bad happens to your gearbox and you need to replace it, then it will be very expensive indeed. Also, keep in mind that CVT are prone to overheating problems. Previously, Lancer GT faced this problem in their CVT gearbox when they are going at high speeds for a prolonged time. I don't know how reliable is the CVT in Preve but just keep this in mind if you don't want to risk overheating your gearbox.

Regarding modification, CVT gearbox might not be able to withstand much extra power or torque if you are planning to modify the engine extremely.

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
i kept my viva and bought the preve cfe.
petrol is double the expenses of viva.
preve got those little annoying sound...but i m used to it since my viva also same.
preve rattles alot especially when hard acceleration...my viva rattles all the time since 3 cylinder engine...so never mind, used to it already.
preve must be send to SC in order to maintain its 5 years warranty...so maintenance is more expensive.cek out their maintenance schedule:
http://www.proton-edar.com.my/pdf/procarePackages/1.6(A)Preve_CFE.pdf

overall, preve fits my budget for a family sedan.
that means to say that would cost me quite a bit for the next 5 years or so, i am looking towards this Raya promotion, i need to research regarding this.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

U tested the CFE or IAFM.
Preve best is CFE. I wouldnt go for the IAFM one.
Currently running IAFM on my campro, kinda crap on city drive.
i tested the CFE model, but i am thinking of getting the NA version, i not always fond of turbo anyway, and touge downhill not very popular with turbo anyway.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
that means to say that would cost me quite a bit for the next 5 years or so, i am looking towards this Raya promotion, i need to research regarding this.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

i tested the CFE model, but i am thinking of getting the NA version, i not always fond of turbo anyway, and touge downhill not very popular with turbo anyway.
Then u might lighten the whole car dy.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Ya since CFE is auto, Then you can consider Preve 5-speed manual instead. Actually if you are getting the NA one, why not take Satria Neo with R3 bodykit? at least 1.6 CPS NA engine. Instead of IAFM+ from Preve.

I mean for touge, Satria Neo is still the better choice. Unless is family car wise then Preve.

The only difference I see between persona and preve in terms of their specs. one is IAFM and 1 is IAFM+ but powerwise roughly the same. Only thing that Persona using drum brakes. But cheaper
by RM10K.

And persona is lighter by like 200kg :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The first Citroën Créative Tour 2011 was held in Paris on the 24th to 26th of June 2011 recently. They've showcased some current cars like the Citroën DS, Citroën DS Rally car and most importantly 16 types of prototype including GT by Citroën, inspired by the makers of the video game Gran Turismo 5 was let loose on the public ground. The older Citroën's were on display too as part of a tribute to its...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience