Kelisa Fuel Consumption

arakyle

Known Member
Guys, just wondering what are the fuel consumption of Perodua Kelisa 1.0? Both, auto and manual.
As far as i know, manual are better but how much compare to auto? IS it a big difference? Planning to get Kelisa as a 2nd car. But need to know first how much per full tank and how many km can it go per full tank. Definitely with the current RON95 price.

Thanks guys.

---------- Post added 07-29-2011 at 12:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 07-28-2011 at 06:02 PM ----------

anyone? kelisa owners?

My wife Kelisa (A) give an average of 13.5km per litre for town-driving using Ron 95 Shell.

Last time when using Shell RON 97 it gives an average of 15km per litre for town-driving.

I noticed that since it used Castrol Magnatec (Semi-Synthesis) 10W-30 the car is lighter and better power.

Good luck

town driving = manual gives a better fuel consumption

highway driving = auto is better..

up2u..

my sister own a kelisa manual.. MEMANG BEST

:biggrin:

Not necessarily manual is better than auto in terms of FC la. It's all about the right foot and keeping the car as empty as possible (remove unecessary dead weight).

I had the auto Kelisa SE, a bright orange colour little menace on 4 wheels. Fast, zippy and super duper easy to park. My advice though - get a proper seat for the car. The SE had semi-bucket styled seats and was quite comfy but back support was crap.

FC wise I got on average 13.5km/L but i'm not a heavy footer. On the occassion I was one, it ranged between 10 to 12km/L all on RON95. I don't believe in paying for RON97 because the car only needs RON92 to work. Higher RON doesn't necessarily translate into anything.

My only complaint about the car was when I wanted to change engine mounts. This small tiny car had a sub frame that had 4 mounts or something that needed to be changed and on top of that the engine mounts were separate. AND the damn mounts were so expensive to buy it was crazy!

My 1.0 engine on Kancil chasis also going around 12-14km per liter in city driving. But I'm used back the gearbox from kancil 850. Mines are MT gear...but with Ron97 I'm get only 8-10km per liter. How could it be...:confused:

My 1.0 engine on Kancil chasis also going around 12-14km per liter in city driving. But I'm used back the gearbox from kancil 850. Mines are MT gear...but with Ron97 I'm get only 8-10km per liter. How could it be...:confused:

low compression needs lower RON..

high compression needs high RON.. this includes Turbo/Supercharge engine..

urs is low compression..

:biggrin:

I do own both a MT and AT Kelisa. I drive on 70% highway, 30% city. My MT Kelisa used to get ~17km/liter with Ron95. FC depends on ECU used (new (Denso) or old type (Fujitsu Ten) - mine is old type which has better FC and power), throttle body cleanliness, weight/load, engine oil used (xW30 standard or some prefer xW40 for a quieter engine), engine health (compression, spark plugs, air intake), tires/rims used (size, weight - rotating mass), etc. I am a heavy footer BTW...

Now after 8 years and 200k mileage, my engine has high-blow-by and therefore changed the engine oil to xW40 mineral to minimize clogging of throttle body. Anyway FC is now ~15.5 km/liter based on my current mileage/fill-up statistics.

On the other hand my other Kelisa AT which engine is in good condition, using new type throttle body and running on 10W30 averages about ~14km/liter with Ron95.

Don't see a big difference on Ron97 vs Ron95. Just car feels livelier and better top speed with Ron97.

i always reset the odometer counts after pump in full tank and take note. i can go 500km with full tank in my MT kelisa, it does not vary a lot whether i drive slow or on speed.

the furthest i went was 540km but i will usually fill up at 470km, not good for the fuel pump to be running at almost empty tank

Previously im able to get the mileage with RON97 400km full tank. But im only able to reach 400km with full tank of RON 95. Is this normal?

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Sorry for the typo mistake RON 97=500km, RON 95=400km

Previously im able to get the mileage with RON97 400km full tank. But im only able to reach 400km with full tank of RON 95. Is this normal?

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Sorry for the typo mistake RON 97=500km, RON 95=400km

Can't be 20% decrease. I hardly see more than 50km decrease on a full tank. Is this on the first switch? You like revving the engine hard? Try resetting the ECU. Check tire pressure, make sure air filter is clean, spark plugs are ok too.

and also check if throttle body is clean of carbon, carbon clogged TB and manifold is normal on kelisa so have it maintained from time to time

ultrasonic clean the injectors and de-moisturise fuel line if u have to. what exhaust and intake do u have on ur car now? stock or modded? this impacts FC a lot too

ron95 and ron97 cant make that big of a difference (100km in ur case) so i was surprised..

RM60 Full tank i can go to 500Km so fuel consumption wise the kelisa is a very good car to be used anywhere..

my best was rm60.70, i went 616.7km. means is 0.9cents per km. i pump from temerloh, to pekan, kuantan, kemaman, kuala terengganu den back to kemaman only i pump. include town driving. but normally i can go 430 lowest, normal will be around 500km/530km. is a manual kenari aerosport version

I don't believe in paying for RON97 because the car only needs RON92 to work. Higher RON doesn't necessarily translate into anything.
!

Absolutely right, but if I am not mistaken, my owner's manual stated that Kelisa only need RON90 to operate properly. that is why I filled the tank with 'minyak merah' before 'minyak kuning' was introduced in mid 2009. at that time, my car need RM0.08 of petrol per kilometer.

Just to share with you guys on adding more power and torque to the engine for a smoother and faster acceleration plus fuel savings seen on longer stretch drive.

Just check out the reviews and feedback and make your own conclusion.

[WTS] FireStorm Ignition Coil Booster

You can email or PM me in ZTH to ask any questions.

Cheers.

Top Bottom