It’s Ad Wars III with Nissan

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Nissan aren’t letting off the throttle as they hit overboost in the Battle of the Brawn, pitting their Nissan 370Z and GT-R against their German equivalents in another round of their new aggressive marketing campaign in Britain.

The first ad that featured a 370Z with World War I fighter-pilot style kill marks next to the logos of German manufacturers ended with the Porsche boys lawyering up for copyright infringement.

Now Nissan UK have upped the ante with a new campaign that pokes fun at their German counterparts being slower yet costing more. Courtesy is clearly overrated in Nissan’s books as they’ve dished out terms such like ‘The Winner Hans Down’ and ‘The Germans Came Off Wurst.’

Words will never hurt, so Nissan whipped out their sticks and stones in the form of an Audi TT-S with the slogan ‘More expensive, slower and less powerful than a Nissan 370Z’ and drove it around the streets of London. They obviously have no intentions of going easy on the Zuffenhausen boys either as the TT-S was joined by a Porsche Cayman with the words ‘I dream of being as fast as a Nissan 370Z’ adorning its side.

“It simply challenges the convention of German sportscars being the only benchmark for performance and quality. Nissan is confident in the ability of 370Z and GT-R to eclipse our comparable German rivals in terms of outright performance and accessibility and it's now time to shout about it,” said Steve McLennan, Nissan UK Marketing Director.

The print ads for the 370Z have already been put up and has cameos from other competitors such as the BMW Z4 and the Porsche Boxster as well. Expect the GT-R ads to see the light of day pretty soon.

Just to prove that they aren’t blowing hot exhaust fumes up their own behinds, Nissan have dutifully provided two charts comparing the performance specs of the 370Z against its German competition.

source: CarScoop

Attachments

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
i love nissan, but wont they kena some sort of legal action for this stunt?

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
What kind of advertising is this ? So direct .. and would like to know too if there is any legal action could be face by nissan ..

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
not all ppl buy high performance car simply because of horsepower/performance of the car.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Last edited:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
My fav is the 2nd video .. makes alot of sense ..

But in Malaysia , retailers compares prices by

Tesco Vs SuperMarket 1 ( Giant theme ) Vs Supermarket 2 ( Carefour theme ) Lol

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
yes arturo...against Benz

blanquito

Known Member
Mar 27, 2007
In Malaysia if a company does it ... surely all other makers masuk ISA ... if you know what I mean ...

Mar 18, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hahaha true.. advertising is one of the form of a healthy competition in western world..

But, true as well, ppl buy sport/performance cars not only for their horsepower (0 to 100 km/h or 0 to 60 mph in bla bla bla seconds) but they also appreciate how the car handles and the design of the car.

dtmpower

Apr 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
eventhought 370z are more faster......lots of different laaa..... japan always be japan...conti is still a continental... :D

it also depends on people taste.... :D

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
blanquito...Hahahahaha...ISA...

SundayDriver

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
lol!
the 3rd one is rubbing it in! wonder how the faces in bmw looks like when they saw that ad

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
if i own a 370z, id be ashame of what nissan had done. theyve gone overboard in this ejek2 thing..

blanquito

Known Member
Mar 27, 2007
The Ad War looks healthy ... it is nice to see things like this and innovative ..
Nissan trying to be inside the league ... at least they try ... good good ...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
extremeleo, you don't have to feel like that....Even Porsche is openly fighting with the R35...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

B) Hi Guys.
Sorry for being missing in action for nearly 1 year now.
Being really busy....

I was in a Mid-Life Crissis yesterday night. Thinking about stuffs...

Then.. BLING ! .. Let's have back Penang DIY session sometime soon !!

We can DIY together and then got for Evening TT ..

HOW ?

Cheers man.

Regards,
JL (Almost Retired DIY Duke)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience