important info on spark plugs...

big_rattled

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
guys...i want to share with u some info about spark plugs...i've just changed spark plugs on my wira recently...it's a NGK G POWER..it's a platinum plug...when i fire up the engine it was fine..the next day i went on a journey from my hometown to kl...on my way...i found something is not right about my car..it feel sluggish/jerking only i'm overtaking and climbing the mountain...if u have ever driving from kota bharu to kl..u now what i mean..well it feel sluggish..then i found that the problem was that the spark plugs wasn't for my car...it's for waja or a gti...so guys u need to get full info on what spark plugs is for ur car...even for wira 1.5 there are two different version of it...depending on what year of production...and never trust 100% on ur foreman even he is a good tuner...find it ur self..

p/s:the funny thing is the fuel consumption was improve...weird..

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
cannot teach people not to trust their mechanic, but not 100% into the mechanic....

I know these mechanic really not pro. sometime they know aint right but for business, they will try their luck one....:biggrin:

be a smarter consumer then everyone will happy.....

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Speaking about spark plugs, I have been recommended by my regular mech (who I don't go to anymore) previously that for spark plugs and it's related, we should just stick to standard spark plug cables and standard spark plugs meant for the car. Then, I got a bit itchy and changed to iridium spark plugs and performance 3-core plug cables. Now, I can sometimes feel my car jerking once or twice at random times. I'm going to change the cables back to original and also use back standard bosch super-4 plugs.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Speaking about spark plugs, I have been recommended by my regular mech (who I don't go to anymore) previously that for spark plugs and it's related, we should just stick to standard spark plug cables and standard spark plugs meant for the car. Then, I got a bit itchy and changed to iridium spark plugs and performance 3-core plug cables. Now, I can sometimes feel my car jerking once or twice at random times. I'm going to change the cables back to original and also use back standard bosch super-4 plugs.
i think changing to high performance plug & cable is the best... ehehe:biggrin:

jigc

Known Member
Jan 30, 2005
wira 1.5 should use NGK BPR5ES-11.
but u could not find this.
BP5ES-11 is the alternative.

remember the tightening torque is ~25Nm, a quater torque of wheel nut.:driver:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
normal one is bp5es or bp6es... platinum ones i forgot da exact code adi.... lolz...
if i wanna put Denso Iridium, wat code shld i looking for...

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
i think changing to high performance plug & cable is the best... ehehe:biggrin:
Don't want la. hehe I just changed back the cables to original cables and i took out my iridium plugs too. Changed it back to bosch super 4 and changed the distributor cap. My car jerk problem is now solved. hehe So I will just stick to standard plugs, cables. hehe

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
i dunno what monster engine u using wor...
4g15p ma....:idea:

Don't want la. hehe I just changed back the cables to original cables and i took out my iridium plugs too. Changed it back to bosch super 4 and changed the distributor cap. My car jerk problem is now solved. hehe So I will just stick to standard plugs, cables. hehe
mayb u shld advance a bit when u change to those performance thngy...

4G15P_Asthma

Aug 14, 2008
Extracted from NGK Malaysia website

Wira 1.3, 1.5 2000~
Normal: BP5ES-11
G-Power Platinum: BPR5EGP
Iridium IX: BPR5EIX

Mine 4G15P+Bosch cable: Use G-Power b4 no problem, currently using Normal 1 also no problem. The only problem is G-Power more expensive :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

saw this happen when i was coming back on holiday near the paddy field area between sitiawan and teluk intan.van driver hit a kelisa and left the scene.the poor gal driving the kelisa, she was lying on the steering after she moved the car to the side.the van driver didnt even stop to look at her.

saw this coz the van overtook us in heavy rain after a few second the accident happened,only a few metres in front just few metres, 2 cars to be exact.

gave chase and try taking pic of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience