If I Were An Automotive Engineer - PROTON

on the new satria neo -->
1) its a waste cuz its smaller than the old satria (mirage)..make it bigger..
2) i dun drive a campro..but reviews from site says tht its not a happy reving engine...around 5k rpm..the engines sounded like its struggling...so..mitsu all the way..
3) designwise is nice..since proton has started to design their own car..can see tht the gen2,savvy and neo has similairties...but one think i dun like is the interior..fix on tht...
4) POWER WINDOW!!!!!

thts all..cheers!

Hi Ken Yeang,
Im not lost... never lose. I understand what are you talking about. This is the responsibility. Sometime, this kind of responsibility is not going to exist in some matter. Different people is having obvious expect.
And you seem misunderstood "abit". What I means to is the forcement from top. You are an engineer, I believed so. Have you ever met that kind of situation before like you can't do anything but you need to push output? Have you ever stand up to the front and fought with your boss and said "Boss, those materials are having problem and cannot use in the line and we can't proceed with scheduled output." Then your boss replied, "Continue with what we have. We need to push the output to meet customer requirement no matter what".
Conclusion? You got type II error rather than you are having type I error (you should knows this error - Six Sigma). But still will try to minimize the error to the lowest as possible.
What can you do?

Just a comment on to Satria Neo ..

The architechture is good, but i dont like the window size. Im curious to get out of the car if something bad goes on. Like Wira, Satria and Waja (Window size is small too) ... emergency outing does seems difficult.

The design is more to aero .. at first sight the car looks cool and they keep on doing the same design. the front looks like Gen2 replica :)

If I were Proton engineer..........
I'll sleep on my work everyday and get huge bonus every year.

NOSkill said:
If I were Proton engineer..........
I'll sleep on my work everyday and get huge bonus every year.

wahhaha, dude then u think your job will last for a year ar... hehe

no mar.. cuz u say everyday SLEEP WOR...
hahah... so if like this how to last for a long period... maybe 1 day also kena pecat de... hohoho

the issue at proton is the management side of it..

anyway the new management i heard they had had conducted a heart to heart session with the production staff...... and the ppl there has begining to understand each ppl job function... hopefully theres no more issue on QA....

then the issue of wanting a 100% local parts!!!!

but still .. i for once beginning to appreciate PROTON engineers' way of doing things... they have to accept mgmt decision prior to their wants..... still we have the petronas engine ... still unutilised.. cos i herad to make it in production ... a waja car would cost at least RM150K....that was 2 years ago talk with one of the engineers... to come with new design already cost them millions in RND.... so still hopefully proton will come put with an FR car for niche market!!!

cheersssss

aiya change all the management workers even the manager sack all then get new and good
but if they do that also it will take some time to bulid back their reputation

the problem now is their reputation,
lets say if last time till now, they dont have bad reputation, i think now what proton design or how ugly and how expensive ppl oso very good,very beautiful,price resonable
maybe now proton can compare with honda, toyota etc

but
cos of the bad reputation,even how beautiful the car is still ppl will say ugly,expensive,not worth the money,problem car

If I am an engineer, I would suggest potong to buy an A4 2.0 TSFI and copy its quality. Engine no need to make what cam so pro, just get either mivec or vtec (use people's reputation to rebuilt its own image) + what CVT or Invecs 2-3 gearbox.

If it is too expensive, just re-produce AE86 (FR of cause), sure make tons of $$ world wide. No one cares 100% made in mal or china, as long as it is a good car. I felt sad when the crappy gia also better than potong.

ehem.. this goes to the motorsport scene, well...if i were a proton engineer..i would like to suggest and collaborate with the r3 guys developimg thier fr waja using any proton engine..e.g the campro engine...not sr20det..its a nissan dude!!

1. develope the strokers up to 1.8 or 2.0 litres..a forged one
2. develope the internals and externals and transmission, pistons, cams, clutches..everything..u name it..badging with r3 and use it in the built engine..show the reliability..show everything
3. develope the engine managements and electronics for the built engine, using the proton stuffs
4. use the well built campro r3 engine, turbocharge it or supercharge it (like trial used in it record holder time attack celica)...and go drift or anything with it..and prove to the locals we also can level with trd, mugen, nismo..use in house gadgets and hi tech machines and softwares to design and develope those i mentioned...proton still got lotsa money..don rely on lotus alone..it's good to have lotus developing things to proton..why not having our own..r3 is indeed a good start..i support them..hehe..proton..hire me!!..if i were a proton engineer la..

turbo10 said:
fr waja using any proton engine..e.g the campro engine

1. develope the strokers up to 1.8 or 2.0 litres..a forged one

..hehe..proton..hire me!!..if i were a proton engineer la..

talk is free... but if Proton hire you can you make a 1.8 stroker kit for the campro engine block?? the campro block itself is actually a stroked 1.5 4g15 block, topped up with a lotus designed DOHC head. the campro block itself is not capable of accepting considerably bigger pistons as the distance between the bores are too near to each other. the only way is to make a completely new block. So see if you can make a 1.8 or 2.0 stroker kit for the campro and prove me wrong...

if I am Proton Engineer working in Tanjung Malim.....I will try plant some C4 in Tangjung Malim Proton factory.....and kaboom.......

senangkan.....apa susah susah mau mengusahakan Proton while imported car far more better than Proton and cheaper pulak tu.

If i am Proton engineer.1.6cc must have 160hp and 1.8 must have 180hp.
Better chasis
Better electrical component (No more bust lightbulb)
Put MP3
Tinted,HID
European styling,Japanese engine and parts(No more juara)
R3 must have turbo or supercharger

better chasis
better lower arm
better body (dun use like cola tin or etc.)
no underpower
projector white light
airbag
sum bar.. fender bar etc~
qualify for export (dun like Gen2.. tall ppl cant sit behind, how to xport??)

talk is free... but if Proton hire you can you make a 1.8 stroker kit for the campro engine block?? the campro block itself is actually a stroked 1.5 4g15 block, topped up with a lotus designed DOHC head. the campro block itself is not capable of accepting considerably bigger pistons as the distance between the bores are too near to each other. the only way is to make a completely new block. So see if you can make a 1.8 or 2.0 stroker kit for the campro and prove me wrong...

cmon bro..i said if i were a proton engineer. i'll have all knowledge bout the specs and so on..and i'll certainly know what to do and dont..and i might go further designing new block for 1.8 or 2.0 liters..talk is free like u said, just my stupid imagination based statement..but thanks for the clarification..i cant prove u wrong..:regular_smile:

gohkokeng said:
if I am Proton Engineer working in Tanjung Malim.....I will try plant some C4 in Tangjung Malim Proton factory.....and kaboom.......

senangkan.....apa susah susah mau mengusahakan Proton while imported car far more better than Proton and cheaper pulak tu.

better use nuke that C4. this is to make sure everything get vaporised instead of blowing the factory to bits.

Shiok!!

what i would do if I am to head Proton's engineering department:-

• make available all models with few variations.
a) Basic spec – for taxi useage, and for poor people but want new car. Carburetor. This kind of cars would be cheap and easy to sell in countries like <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Indonesia</st1:country-region>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">Thailand</st1:country-region>, Timor Leste – even in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Proton was doing very well in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> back in 1989 becoz it was cheap. The Impian now sells at about 13,000 pounds. A better equipped and more modern Ford Focus also sells at similar price.

b) Medium spec – for those with slightly extra budget, add EFI, front power windows only

c) Luxury spec – self explanatory – DVD, auto climate system, ABS, airbag, big alloy wheels, maybe even sunroof, everything electric powered – windows, mirros

d) Sport package – add body skirt and spoilers, unique sport rims, good tyres, HID, lowered suspension, all disc brake set up with ABS, available only in white, red, yellow or silver. Semi bucket seats, sports exhaust system, make available either supercharge of turbocharge. This model will be called Knight eg Satria Neo Knight, Savvy Knight,

e) Super sport – stripped cabin ready for rally/track racing. This model will be called R3. eg Satria Neo R3, Waja R3, Gen R3. only black colour
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
  • created an MPV on a stretched Waja platform. MPV is the ‘in’ thing now rather than hatchbacks like Savvy or Neo. Proton is late again… Honda Stream is actually based on Civic platform while Odyssey based on Accord platform. The 7 seater Waja MPV will be good for Proton to break into the MPV market it should enter many years ago.
The Koreans have Kia Caren and Carnival other than Hyundai TRajet. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Toyota</st1:place></st1:City> alone produces Wish, Estima, Alphard, Nadia, Ipsum, Picnic, Liteace Noah, Granvia, and Verso versions of Corolla, Avensis and Yaris not to include Asean models like Innova and Avanza.
<o:p> </o:p>
  • Saga chassis is more than 20 years old – based on Lancer of early 80s. it used to be similar sized to Corolla (put Corolla LE AE80 and Saga Orion side by side) but now try putting Saga LMST next to Corolla Altis and there’s a huge difference in dimensions to compare. Efore this Proton didn’t has Mitsubishi’s permission to modify the chassis but I believe it is possible now since that the technology is outdated.. So, make the car grow bigger and higher. And make possible to equip with airbags and modern gadgets like ABS and EFI .
<o:p> </o:p>
Actually, I want more but I don’t think Proton can cope ..because they feel they are still toddlers in automotive manufacturing. One friendly reminder – welcome to the open market of AFTA!

turbo10 said:
cmon bro..i said if i were a proton engineer. i'll have all knowledge bout the specs and so on..and i'll certainly know what to do and dont..and i might go further designing new block for 1.8 or 2.0 liters..talk is free like u said, just my stupid imagination based statement..but thanks for the clarification..i cant prove u wrong..:regular_smile:

hey turbo10, you are from sp? where do you stay?

kk9972 said:
hey turbo10, you are from sp? where do you stay?

hi bro..yup.i'm from sp, near taman jubli i stay, going to move to putri jaya soon..where u from kk9972, penang? come la we go for tt sometimes..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom