i think it's time to change a new transmission?

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
Hey guys, im driving a wira manual transmission,
Sad to say that when i let the transmission in neutral,clucth engaged, i can hear some rattling noise come from the gear box...it disappear after i step on clucth...Is that shows that my transmission is subject to failure? gears are worn and loose?

Secongly,I would like to ask u all that had u all ever experience on having difficulties in shifting from 1st gear to second gear? and as i force the gear to be enggage, there'll be a 'grek' sound coming out from the gear box..and the shift cant get in the gear straigh away, and it hav to stop me from shifting in second gear on half way, then let go in to 2/3 way after 1 second, finally get in to gear after 4 second from 2/3 way to 3/3...which mean fully engage...

This problem is much more serious in the morning however when the engine run hot, the performance improve slightly...Frank to say that i just had my clucth set replaced with the new one and the problem seems still occur...Would it be a gear sycroniser problem?

thanks for any reply and comment ya

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
did u check your clutch plate?
did u change ur Gb oil?
normally Gb kong got a lot of fact but ur still can be use..hehehe
good luck..

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
yeah, agree wit mag, check ur gear oil 1st, or maybe ur clutch plate worn out..

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
thanks for the advice and suggestion ya...i have checked the clutch and change the gear oil to redline MTL syntetic..it helps alot...it reduce the grinding sound while engaging from 1st gear to 2nd gear....
actually im curious that had u guys ever facing any difficulties in shifting at the low gears which cause by the worn sycronizer? my mech suspect that my syncro might not in good shape...but i doubt it since he just sya it without any explaination...it seems like he suggesting me to change a new gear box so that he can gain some profit...haha...

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Actually Gb kong its like this...
engage from high gear to low gear and it jump to neutral when ramp it or going down from hill time the gear will jump out to neutral..
this is one of the simtoms that Gb kong.. but still can be use if you didnt ramp like no tomolo..hahahaha...good luck,...

ziurence

Mar 31, 2006
ya,about the gear box,touch wood if time to change :nurse: what model the gb is prefer to put into wira,(what i mean is pefer sit ,less maintain or not need maintain,good shifting )and what is the price?..can list down price ?....cause i plan to change it but no know how to start...:confused:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
if you wanna to try..
take out the Gb from engine and see the clutch plate 1st...
if reach time... just change and try how... thus the GB oil also...

use till can not use liao.. change GB lor....

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
icic..thanks for all the replies from u guys ya....it seems that my gear box just half way 'kong' la...haha bcz it nv pop out from gears yet..it just difficult to shift in to gears and some time it will give some 'grak' noice(sounds like while engage reverse gear ) while engage from 1st gear to second gear...had the clutch plate replaced, gear oil renewed..so i think the gear box got worn aldy ba...so i may just follow ur advice le...use it till the guear box cant be used anymore..haha...i heard that proton's gear box made by HICOM...not really long lasting....

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
aiya.. potong things ma.. what to do...
anyway.. good luck to you...

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
Guys issit normal for our proton cars that the 1st 2nd gear more difficult to engage if compare to other higher gears? it's like i have to push the gear and wait the gears to engage for around 1second++...if i force the gear engage the it'l engage not smoothly and with some vibration felt from shift nob... so i always wait the gear to click in while giving a firm pressure on the gear nob so that the syncronizier has the time to do its job...however it slows me down to some degree...erm, any suggestion from u guys to make the shift easier?:)

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
hey guys, issit wira gear box usually will shift harder in lower gear?:)

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
any sharing of comments and idea i would highly appreciated ya..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guy's,

Im very confused here. why is it the higher pressure apply to the fuel pump, the lower flow it will be?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience