How to know the it's a real Hi- Cam?

bhp135

Feb 2, 2006
hello, just wanna ask if anyone know how to see if someone is selling the used or after market hi-cam is not a normal one? Scare that kena tipu one day lah...

any tips?

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
i know u can mearue the lift by using a caliper, but not really sure about measuring the angle though....

comparing with your stock cam will only let u know u r getting something different from your stock cam, it won't help in confirming whether you have really get the spec (lift and angle) of the cams that you have paid for....

too bad i only know 1 of the way to determine 1 of the spec, not sure bout how to measure the angle.... maybe some other sifu can help u....or ask some experienced mechanics...

bhp135

Feb 2, 2006
thank you for the info, i was also thinking about bringing along the caliper but how to compare with my own cam which still inside the car??? hehe... But I heard something like the connection head to fit the cam pulley have some tips to show , but it's not show the degree and lift off course... better than nothing...

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Using a vernier caliper, you are able to know the valve lift by measuring stock cam lobe's heel to toe and compare it against the aftermarket cam lobe's heel to toe.

The higher the heel to toe number, the deeper the valve lifts.

As for valve duration, the angle which the lobe slopes away from the circumference of the camshaft's diameter.

By looking at the stock and aftermarket, you will be able to tell the lobe "Fatness"

The "Fatter" the lobe slope, the longer the valve lifts.

However, be carefull of stock grinded cams that claims to be "hi-cams".

Such cams are merely modified lobe heels.

If lobe heels are grinded poorly, will result losing power and possible severe valvetrain damage.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

yeah, as the topic says...
izit possible to fit a 1.3 satria carburetor onto my 1.0 Charade Espri G202??

then can chase 1.5....:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience