hyundai matrix engine prob

joekiller

Jun 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
sory for my poor english...
i have a problem with hyundai matrix 1.6 year 2006...the engine is having a badly oil leak...and my foremen is having problem to fix that problem....so in may mind, i just want to swap the engine with the used matrix engine at halfcut shop....but unfortunately in my place there is no matrix engine....even the lantai one...my question is ... what is the engine that can be replaced with this engine....the NA is better...and any opinion from otai2.....:itsme:

joekiller

Jun 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
tq for the reply....i heard that swaping engine with different manufacture cant pass the JPJ....nie engine conversion work is difficult or easy? ... what about gearbox ... have to change or use the original?..now im using auto ..... is there anyone have done this before?. how about overall price maintenance for daily used after all if i use silvertop engine can or not...sory for the noob question...:biggrin:

joekiller

Jun 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yup...

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

i done the overhaul a month ago at workshop near my place....i think the workers at that workshop is stupid...so many mistakes happen at the engine...they put wrong gasket, so many screw and nut is missing and miss place and ect...so the day where my car is finish they called me to pick the car.they give to me without even try the car or test first.....and without knowing the car situation i drove the car with average speed for about 250km along the road from kelantan to kuala terengganu and back to kelantan...after i arrived at my place my car is overheated and oily water came out from reserve tank...i check the dip stick the oil is almost empty....so tomorrow i went to another shop and do the topoverhaul...the pomen said many mistakes have happen in that engine....my pomen said the engine is rosak terok....and till now still leaking.... my head is pening lalat and oso a lot of money has wasted.....:dontknow:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
dun worry bro...
get yr car done at another workshop, keep the reciept, make a police report & file a claim to Tribunal, get yr money back for wat u paid for, along the way, take photos of yr damaged engine as proof at tribunal....keep all reciepts too, parking, toll etc....that also can claim.....kira your inconvenience charges.

Dan KC

May 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yea..plenty of silvertop or blacktop mounted in matrix body.i guess u should get a half cut if you wanna do the conversion.what's the problem with your engine?mind to share?actually im a car mechanic.perhaps i can help you up with your problem =)

joekiller

Jun 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
bro Dan KC...if i want to swap the old engine with silver or blacktop,does it involve a lot of work...eg the wiring, GB, mounting and ect....does JPJ approved it...correct me if im wrong....

Dan KC

May 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yea..i saw 1 of the customer does it..it include the whole dashboard plus wiring n mounting..erm..jpj approved or not im nt sure about it..cos you noe la it is toyota make..and ur car is hyundai make

lot

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
kl
valve cover gasket.....get it looked at. it might look good but its more then likely installed improperly. same thing happened to my ass of a friend who chose to believe his appear in TV3 mechanic then me. In the end he looked for another mech to fix his problem. cost him RM20/= to fix.

and please change your mechanic, I seriously doubt his knowledge in fixing cars.

there are two known Korean workshops , Carmate off of Jln Ipoh and HNK (owner is Korean) in Sunway. My friend went to a good ah beng workshop in Imbi.

Good luck in your hunt for a good mechanic.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all...

well i have this question... what is the difference between fully-synthetic engine oil and semi-synthetic engine oil and aso the normal ones ( i don't know what they cal this )... and which one is more suitable for my 8 yrs old 4G92P ride? ( mileage: 126148km )
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience