How to remove Speed cut for 4agze..

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Hi everybody...
Recently I have to do major wiring job for my car.. All the wire melting include in dashboard and fuse box... Instead of troubleshoot where is the short circuit better for me to renew all the wire... After a few week I realize that my car cannot go over 180.. Before this my car doesn't have a speed cut.. So how to 'fix' this problem? I suspect wiring man install back the wire that I remove behind the meter.. how to check? According to ECU diagram the speed sensor wire colour is white violet but Im not dare to touch the wire at ECU socket... Don't like to play2 at the sensitive part....

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Any info here? Or maybe you can just give info the workshop which can remove this speedcut... or any body want to share effect on removing a speed sensor WIRE from ecu...

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Headache already, I cannot sleep if I don't run out my speed meter once a week.. After 'out meter' I can sleep soundful like baby...Help!!!!

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
why don't u just install a speed meter that has a speed cut option..
like the pivot speed meter x....ultra speed meter....or the apex-i RSM...

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
like my 20v silvertop.....can out the meter which is only 180km/h....
but sum sifu say the speed cut is 195-200km/h....

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
changing ecu is better....standard ecu ppl say not that good compare to aftermarket....but i dunno cause i'm newbie only...:regular_smile:

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Don't too propagate by using 'aftermarket ECU' will make your car run smooth and energetic! Aftermarket ECU come with some spec that the company have set it to match with the cam profile and etc. Yes, I know they remove the speed limiter and rev cut. But why wasting your money to buy something that you're not sure suitable to your car spec mod otherwise you will spend lot of money to buy aftermarket ECU and increase of fuel consumption. Instead of spending RM400 for used RSM, I think maybe it is the other way to remove the speed limiter here just free. All you need is KNOWLEDGE.. and anyone who want to share about it?

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
i see my mech use pivot speed meter.