How to get a wire connected from battery to the interior cabin cleanly?

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
Hi fellow ZTH Sifu'z, it's time me needs help for a peculiar question again...

I have a power wire (12V) that I need to hook to the battery, then bring it all the way till the interior of the car.

Whats the cleanest way would you guys recommend doing this, without drilling the dash etc...

PS: Whats the slim holes near the edge of the dash and the windscreen? Any chance we can get this wire through here?

If it matters... car is a '08 Lancer 2.0GT

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
modify the cigarrette lighter head then use the electric from cigarrette lighter lor.
negative terminal is ur car body. if u really want to get supply from battery then u just hook up ur positive wire to battery + terminal while the - wire u cincai screw at ur car chasis. wat are u doing with this wiring?

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
modify the cigarrette lighter head then use the electric from cigarrette lighter lor.
negative terminal is ur car body. if u really want to get supply from battery then u just hook up ur positive wire to battery + terminal while the - wire u cincai screw at ur car chasis. wat are u doing with this wiring?
hi dude, thanks for the advice. Actually, I have the lighter socket kit included and the "hard-wire" kit to take power from the Battery direct.

The thing is, I want it to be hardwired. I know abt Pos and Neg stuff. I just wondering how to get the wire into the cabin without drilling hole etc.

If you really wanna know, I need the cable to power a Radar Detector... lol (Bel Sti Driver). It's an undetectable radar detector.

Last edited:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
If you really wanna know, I need the cable to power a Radar Detector... lol (Bel Sti Driver). It's an undetectable radar detector.
sorry bro. this is military top secret, cant share wif ur radar project. hehe....
u open ur car front door. u will see the side ................... hard to tell u. i get a pic and show u how larr. i try b4. damm gd idea.

from ur engine bay, find a hole, usually is there is a hole for ur air ram to get cold air. u lay ur cable to the hole then to the car door. then pull the cable out(refer to the pic) then continue lay the cable underneath ur dashboard to center of ur car.

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
hmm, good idea. thanks alot dude. i'm gonna go take a shower first then try this. damn tired man... i just finished installing my Injen CAI... pic below if ur interested :-)

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
that is lancer?
got turbo?

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
that is lancer?
got turbo?
yeap, same as the "Lancer 2.0GT MIVEC" in Malaysia, except its a 5-spd Manual, and comes with a 9 speaker sound system.

No turbo unfortunately. But the Greddy Ti-C and Injen CAI has made some massive improvements on acceleration. Sound of the intake is damn nice... lol

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
maybe u can route between the chassis n fender.
usually got bunch of wire go thru the side fender n then straight under the dash.

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
firewall cannot go thru?
I just realized the wire is fairly short. They also provided me with a clip to "bite" into an existing 12V cable thats not used by anything.

I posted this question on the Project Lancer dot Net website, hopefully someone may know a spare 12V cable I could use.

thanks for the help anyways!

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
9 speakers!
better than the home theathre sound system. hehe....

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
9 speakers!
better than the home theathre sound system. hehe....
lol... well, it's 8 and 1 sub. Max volume is supposedly 45. I never went past 22 though, then i'll go deaf OR be called an ah-beng feller by passerby's.

btw, my Bel Sti is coming up with a "Service Needed" message now, every now and then after installing my CAI. I read the manual, it said it comes with the message is calibration out (but can be, since its bran new)... OR voltage instability. I'm guessing my CAI must have affected the voltage stability somehow, maybe through the sensor.

Anyway, I guess I need to buy a V.Stabiliser for sure now.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
did u remove the air flow sensor?
mostly this sensor are after the air filter box, inside the air ram pipe.
if your CAI is connected from TB to air filter then u already removing the sensor.

if u donot remove it, then check if the cable connector is loose or not.

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
did u remove the air flow sensor?
mostly this sensor are after the air filter box, inside the air ram pipe.
if your CAI is connected from TB to air filter then u already removing the sensor.

if u donot remove it, then check if the cable connector is loose or not.
i had to remove the sensor, and plug it to the Injen's piping.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
then u need to check if the sensor is working on the CAI or not.
any other sensor u forgot to plug back?

ur car is equip with too latest tech, which it is bloody hard to play around. the latest toyota 3s-gte engine also equip with tons of sensors. my fren remove the air ram and install a CAI. guess what. the car canot start and the engine signal/LED keep blinking. then he take off the CAI and put back the stock air ram and filter. apparently the car start liao.

why u want to buy lancer? try honda acura integra or civic marr with K20A engine inside. hehe....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My Car is 1974 GTO.2000cc Rear Wheel
All thing in car die.
engine dont know 5 year no start.
body many broke already inside got sands,inside car got insect.
steel need to cut off and put new one.
paint die.
5 year did't touch the car.
How can i make it on the road with style.With Drift
What engine recomend to transplant?
How about the car Body?
What should i need to do?
Recommend me any workshop with good experience and got do paint and transplant together is better.
How much i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience