How to do engine transplant for a still under loan car

My car has been registered :proud:

Ok this is what i did..
1)Buy the engine and install it in your car make sure u have the receipt of buying the engine and all the customs document from your chopshop.
2)Bring the your document above to Puspakom and pay RM60 for the test (fotostat ur IC & owner IC).Make sure your brakes are good enough.
3)make a letter to ur bank for approvement to change ur engine (this was suppose to be no 1) but neither JPJ nor insurance seems to be asking for bank approvement :stupid:
4)go to ur insurance company to change ur car data in their database.
5)go to JPJ on the same day as no 4, fill the JPJ form to change ur engine no & color if u want to :listen:
6)Thats it, ur done....

Last edited:
hope this steps will help someone else.....
No need runner so we can save $$ for performance parts hehehe

Last edited:
vearn...can edit yr first post n put up yr steps there? easy for forummers to read up...i also suggest sticky this thread.

but wierd how come no need putrajaya endorsement letter?

vearn...can edit yr first post n put up yr steps there? easy for forummers to read up...i also suggest sticky this thread.

but wierd how come no need putrajaya endorsement letter?

I thing its because of the same CC, engine code and mounting hence why you need not go to putrajaya. At least that was the case for me when i went from 4g93 to 4g93 (twice! after the 2nd block, just punch and jalan:smokin:) before this. If had gone to 4g63, than you need to go to putrajaya.

Im having the same problem now....just convert from 4g93 to 4g63...but punch 4g67....same problem...but got it sorted some how! :proud:

Happy New Year and godspeed to all! May 2011 bring better times for your GTI mivec :driver: