Engine transplant for Mercedes W124

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
if budget is not an issue,get the 2.5 cosworth halfcut.
i know i will did that if i can afford it.
last time got a seller selling it for 9.5k.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if budget is not an issue,get the 2.5 cosworth halfcut.
i know i will did that if i can afford it.
last time got a seller selling it for 9.5k.
Yes, that is a good engine, but the cost of engine plus installation labour, paperwork and changing wear and tear items.......easily exceed half of the car's value....maybe more.

then, it depends whether you are a motorhead or just an average joe seeing a car is just a car.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Yes, that is a good engine, but the cost of engine plus installation labour, paperwork and changing wear and tear items.......easily exceed half of the car's value....maybe more.

then, it depends whether you are a motorhead or just an average joe seeing a car is just a car.
well that is for purist only.
if TS wants to retain a german engine then go for multivalve engine.sorry i dont know the engine code but i believe the 124 e220 is using the multivalve engine.probably his stock engine is multivakve oso.
it has enough power and good fc.
roadtax will be a tad cheaper.parts will be widely available and affordable for Merc level.

Toyota's 1jz and 2jz will fit with turbo and much more power.maintenance wise will be the same as using merc engine.turbo require more attention than na.

on the cost of the cosworth halfcut and installation i think it more towards 3/4 or in some case tha same value as the car.124 is going cheap now.great condition is onky abt 17k.very affordable.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
JZ would definitely fit. Plenty of JZ are found in halfcut shops, but try finding a manual stick....

Merc body are pretty solid and well-built, but they are on the heavy side to get it moving....
Anyway, Merc is for built for fast cruising in autobhan........not touge or darting-around

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If TS crazy enough with unlimited resource then can see a local guy whom transplant the 500e engine into his 124.
this mod require more additional mod esp on the suspension so halfcut is a must to transplant the front suspension.
5.0 v8 power.
endorsement?
surely wont got through but hey,its an old uncke w124...hahaha.

last time i read abt the project is that the engine was totalled as cannot tahan the punishment the owner puts it through.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Horsepower is highly addictive......and never be satisfied.

The only limits for HP is the $$$ in your wallet.
Dont spend soooo much money until one have to eat maggi mee before the month end comes......

Biar perut lapa, janji ada gaya. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bro, i got a volt stabilizer

it is mugen type with 3 wires. red, black and yellow.

May i know how should i connect the wires
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience