How do I know its a TME?

encikjobs

Hi all,

Am new here so was hoping that someone could help me with the titled question. I am interested in buying an evo 6.5 tme, and was wondering how I could tell that the car I am looking at is indeed the tme and not a converted evo 6. Apart from the seats and interior trim which can be changed, is there any sure way of knowing that the car is the geniune article and not a good convert.

Apart from that, on the vehicle registration card it shows up as a mitsubishi lancer 4WD which isnt really helpful. Chasis no starts with CP9A but I know that is shared by a number of other evo models.

Some help would be much appreciated as well as any advice on what to look out for when viewing the car. Thank in advance guys.

CP9A-SNGF - GSR version w color options : Canal blue, Satellite silver metalic, Scotia white & Pyreness Black Pearl
CP9A-SNGF-2 - GSR version w color option Passion red with optional TME stripes
CP9A-SNDF - RS version comes in scotia white only

Chassis no starts from 020XXX

GSR version equipped with digital climate control, power windows, AYC, ABS & TME seats.
RS version equipped with dial air cond,manual windows,manual side mirrors,NO ABS,lancer seats, FR open Diff/Helical LSD,rear mechanical LSD, 2.1 steering rack.

GSR turbo TD05RA-15GK2-10.5T. RS turbo TD05HRA-16G6-10.5T. Turbine titanium alloy for both. Compressor aluminium 65mm[GSR], 68mm[RS]

Gear knob & lever cover comes with black leather & red stitching.

At the rear boot, if u lift up the carpet to access the spare tire, there should be a horizontal aluminium strut bar.

To make things simpler & safe you really shud bring along an EVO mechanic to go over the car thoroughly to cx its condition mechanically b4 a purchase. TMEs r collector's car nowadays & considered the best EVO by the Mitsubishi engineers & EVO connoisseurs. Gd luck......

Last edited:
Dear sifus,
I also would like to know more bout this. My registration card model written gh-cp9a-sndf, and chasis written jxxxxcp9yu000xxx, but is a black colour not white when i bought. is there something wrong?:adore:

Bump: ops,:sleep: correction on jxxxxcp9ayu000xxx

Bump: ops,:sleep: correction on jxxxxcp9ayu000xxx

Top Bottom