Honda Civic FD2 VS Toyota Camry VS Honda Accord

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Maybe because is Accordana and not Accord.......hahhahahhaha

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Buy second hand, let first owner loose more mah!.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

That is why you kena lemon........faster cabut.......:burnout:

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

For me, her car is hers, mine I decide mah!......:driver:
Mana ada lemon lol! Is a good car. :love:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Actually, it's probably the 18" that's causing the bumpiness.

My own car from 195/65/15 changed to 215/45/17 made a humongous difference in comfort. Like magic carpet to adjustables difference. That's pretty significant.
If that is the case, can we say that Inspira using stock 16" had better ride comfort than Lancer GT running on stock 18"? But handling and stability wise, Lancer GT wins?

Toyota meant for comfort but the review for the Cerato VS Altis VS Mazda 3 latest model, Cerato has the most HP but then the steering wheel is just too power steering that you can't really feel the road or the steering according to the feedback of those reviews. Altis is the winner though in terms of overall.

While for Almera VS Vios VS City, City is the winner. Almera sucks the most in terms of overall LOL!
Well, generally most Toyota are leaned towards comfort. This is much like Mercedes Benz VS BMW. Toyota VS Honda.

when choosing a car don't ever let yr missus make the decision, unless its her car.
before I bought my car, my wife wanted cream interior + rear aircond vents for the kids. she thought I would go for camry, accord or sonata, yes eventually all those cars was on my mind.

ended up choosing e90, at least it fits her criteria.
luckily I didn't bring back an evo7, if not must sleep in the living room for a very looong time :smokin:
But E90 got a sense of class, hehe.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Toyota meant for comfort but the review for the Cerato VS Altis VS Mazda 3 latest model, Cerato has the most HP but then the steering wheel is just too power steering that you can't really feel the road or the steering according to the feedback of those reviews. Altis is the winner though in terms of overall.
You doing your own comparison or you basing on the Driven conclusion? I disagree with their comparison. I'd give the Mazda full marks except for space. And Cerato full marks except for driving feel. And I'd give the new Altis full marks for looks only. Everything else give it 15% max. Old tech with new looks isn't really a fair comparison.

it even elevate yr ranking in the petrolhead community.
Somehow I this statement sadly true. But "ranking" drops instantly to zero the minute people find out you know nothing about the car or drive like a complete moron.

I personally would give the guy who drives a pristine flawless rebuilt Datsun 120Y who knows what he's talking about much higher points than an average joe driving some Evo.

If that is the case, can we say that Inspira using stock 16" had better ride comfort than Lancer GT running on stock 18"? But handling and stability wise, Lancer GT wins?
No la. Not necessary. Look at my tyre profile difference :

195/65/15
215/45/17

The amount of rubber there is significant la. Comfort vs low profile performance. So if the 18's were 225/35/18 vs 205/45/16 I honestly doubt there'd be too much difference in comfort. Performance will be obviously different because of the tyre width / weight / rolling resistance.

Even my 17's are way better than the 15's I had on my Wira. I corner faster in my boat of a ride than in my old Wira with suspension, bars and all. Same corners I'm familiar with I can go 20km/h easily faster than my Wira and the didn't even break a sweat. Need to push harder to make it slide.

Which I attribute to purely to my tyres width and longer wheel base.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You doing your own comparison or you basing on the Driven conclusion? I disagree with their comparison. I'd give the Mazda full marks except for space. And Cerato full marks except for driving feel. And I'd give the new Altis full marks for looks only. Everything else give it 15% max. Old tech with new looks isn't really a fair comparison.

Somehow I this statement sadly true. But "ranking" drops instantly to zero the minute people find out you know nothing about the car or drive like a complete moron.

I personally would give the guy who drives a pristine flawless rebuilt Datsun 120Y who knows what he's talking about much higher points than an average joe driving some Evo.

195/65/15
215/45/17

The amount of rubber there is significant la. Comfort vs low profile performance. So if the 18's were 225/35/18 vs 205/45/16 I honestly doubt there'd be too much difference in comfort. Performance will be obviously different because of the tyre width / weight / rolling resistance.

Even my 17's are way better than the 15's I had on my Wira. I corner faster in my boat of a ride than in my old Wira with suspension, bars and all. Same corners I'm familiar with I can go 20km/h easily faster than my Wira and the didn't even break a sweat. Need to push harder to make it slide.

He is a Toyota fanatic mah! Likewise I was Honda for many years until VR came along...:driver:

Tyre wider by 20mm, bigger contact surface, soft rubber compound, Max performance category, lower profile already many advantages in performance.....:smokin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
i wonder which car will kenny go for?

some people are loyal to one brand.u can see that when he/she keep owning one camry after another or one beemer after another.

for me,i does not have specific make but down to what feeling each vehicle gave me.i dont prefer vios dullness and honda city firm ride without positive handling effect.however i like the pajero which is spartan and has the handling of a tanker.
to me each car has its own character and communicate with u in different way.

its down to our personal preference really.some just want a car while some of us want 'a' car.

that is also why there are mix reaction to certain make and basher of certain make exist.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Friend lent me his Camry 2.0 2008 M'sia edition, looks nicer than the Japan one - but the car is too heavy for the engine imho. I suspect my Sylphy would outdrag this Camry anytime. Very willowy handling (probably because old suspension). Too expensive to buy too. 5 year old car still needed 100k. That's bloody insane.
Only in Malaysia big heavy sedans with puny 2.0 engines can sell like peanuts! I blame the stupid roadtax regulation for this! :banghead: Even in Indonesia where traffic is much worse, these cars are not even offered in the market coz no one will buy it!

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Only in Malaysia big heavy sedans with puny 2.0 engines can sell like peanuts! I blame the stupid roadtax regulation for this! :banghead: Even in Indonesia where traffic is much worse, these cars are not even offered in the market coz no one will buy it!
Is it? Last time I see a lot of Innovas wor. Dont talk about 2.7 Fortuners la.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

195/65/15
215/45/17

Base on Driven review :biggrin: Have not test drive those 3. Only test drove Mazda 6 before. Didn't really like it. Altis only sat in to feel. (not moving)

Mazda 3, the dash design, not really a fan of it. External wise, yes the design is really not bad. Especially the rear.

He is a Toyota fanatic mah! Likewise I was Honda for many years until VR came along...:driver:

Tyre wider by 20mm, bigger contact surface, soft rubber compound, Max performance category, lower profile already many advantages in performance.....:smokin:
That's one la but then all the while their cars such as Toyota and LEXUS they focus more on comfort wise. But seriously, the Lexus really hardly any windnoise. :top:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
any common problems on toyota camry ?
Common problems with Camry:
1. Uncleditis, people will assume you're an uncle.
2. After driving the Camry, you will become an uncle even if you are not.
3. Big penis syndrome, after driving Camry, most of your friends who drive Proton & Perodua are deemed poor or did-not-make-it-in-life, friends driving Vios barely made it, friends who drive BMW, Mercedes and anything more expensive than the Camry wasn't smart like you to save money for a Camry, which is cheap to maintain, parts widely available and its just a clever, practical choice.

kenvy11

May 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i wonder which car will kenny go for?

some people are loyal to one brand.u can see that when he/she keep owning one camry after another or one beemer after another.

for me,i does not have specific make but down to what feeling each vehicle gave me.i dont prefer vios dullness and honda city firm ride without positive handling effect.however i like the pajero which is spartan and has the handling of a tanker.
to me each car has its own character and communicate with u in different way.

its down to our personal preference really.some just want a car while some of us want 'a' car.

that is also why there are mix reaction to certain make and basher of certain make exist.
I would definetly go for camry 2.4cc, now start surveying its avail in d market.. not at rush.. still can wait year, as i do not want to get the wrong car (rushing to get d car with poor inspection)..

As long able to get low milleage, not much problem (will b inspect my mechanic friend), then get to find Aurion TRD body kit + 18 sport rims will do...

that would be best ideal planning though.. hehehehe

Common problems with Camry:
1. Uncleditis, people will assume you're an uncle.
2. After driving the Camry, you will become an uncle even if you are not.
3. Big penis syndrome, after driving Camry, most of your friends who drive Proton & Perodua are deemed poor or did-not-make-it-in-life, friends driving Vios barely made it, friends who drive BMW, Mercedes and anything more expensive than the Camry wasn't smart like you to save money for a Camry, which is cheap to maintain, parts widely available and its just a clever, practical choice.
i like the quote "save money for a Camry, which is cheap to maintain".. drive BMW / mercedes doesnt make me look hensome (not to talk about people 1st impression toward youself).. hahahahah..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I would definetly go for camry 2.4cc, now start surveying its avail in d market.. not at rush.. still can wait year, as i do not want to get the wrong car (rushing to get d car with poor inspection)..

As long able to get low milleage, not much problem (will b inspect my mechanic friend), then get to find Aurion TRD body kit + 18 sport rims will do...

that would be best ideal planning though.. hehehehe

i like the quote "save money for a Camry, which is cheap to maintain".. drive BMW / mercedes doesnt make me look hensome (not to talk about people 1st impression toward youself).. hahahahah..
Take too long to see also end up u might see other cars and change ur mind later. Best dont too long haha! Bring along a trusty mech or a friend that knows how to check.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Some action shots from todays qualifying session of the Malaysian round of the 2010 Japan Super GT race series. Being the only round to take place out of Japan, the race also has to deal with the relentless heat that the Sepang International Circuit is known for, and today was no different...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience