Honda Civic FD2 VS Toyota Camry VS Honda Accord

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

kenvy11

May 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i saw Honda Accord 8th on the road, saw with bodykit and sport rims where it makes looks sportier than camry (which with body kit n sports rims also)...

i am curious if there is any good about Honda Accord 8th Gen? almost the same as camry?

Perhaps, test drive both cars, will not bring any big diff to me, but what i am really concerned are the maintenance and alo the FC. any owner out there can say some words, please?

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

and Hyundai I40...damn sexy dude.. but same goes to other cars, concern about the maintenance and also the FC.. haiz..

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
i saw Honda Accord 8th on the road, saw with bodykit and sport rims where it makes looks sportier than camry (which with body kit n sports rims also)...

i am curious if there is any good about Honda Accord 8th Gen? almost the same as camry?

Perhaps, test drive both cars, will not bring any big diff to me, but what i am really concerned are the maintenance and alo the FC. any owner out there can say some words, please?

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

and Hyundai I40...damn sexy dude.. but same goes to other cars, concern about the maintenance and also the FC.. haiz..
honda i vtec engine seems to return good fc as i experience with a rn5 stream.
the fc is not remarkable but respectable for its size.

no doubt the accord have the much younger look againsta the camry with matured exec look.
again,honda part is slightly pricier than camry.
camry is a tad cheaper mayne due to the larger sale volume.

newer gen kia and hyundai have eye pleasing design.
what to fail?almost nothing at least thats what it looks on paper.
notice hpw simple their engineering is.thats why i said its unlikely will fail on u.
i do believe its as reliable as the honda.
however the part price is the same with a honda.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
:hmmmm: Only the 2.4 would drive better I think
Then Honda should be better then Camry.....:driver:
Actually, before I settled for my current car, I went to test a lot of different cars and based on my old post, you all know how long it took for me to settle for a car right? I am damn nitpicky. :biggrin:

Cousin has the Japan 2.5 camry, test drove that and I didn't like how heavy it felt. I expected shitloads of torque but it had mid to high power. Low end torque wasn't there and the FC was scary la. Too expensive to buy.

Friend lent me his Camry 2.0 2008 M'sia edition, looks nicer than the Japan one - but the car is too heavy for the engine imho. I suspect my Sylphy would outdrag this Camry anytime. Very willowy handling (probably because old suspension). Too expensive to buy too. 5 year old car still needed 100k. That's bloody insane.

Test drove the Accordana model Honda Accord at the 2nd hand car salesman place and found a lot of weird problems like wobbling, squeaking noise and all so didn't like that car. Never tested a new car before but can't afford it new anyway.

Test drove a friends Forte 2.0 and 1.6 - this one I seriously liked. Almost bought the new 1.6 at 80k+. Wifey didn't like the rear seating space, said the Myvi had more space. In a way she was right. So didn't buy.

Want to test drive the K5, never had the chance. Anyone got a K5 for me to test drive? :biggrin: :driver:

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Actually, before I settled for my current car, I went to test a lot of different cars and based on my old post, you all know how long it took for me to settle for a car right? I am damn nitpicky. :biggrin:

Cousin has the Japan 2.5 camry, test drove that and I didn't like how heavy it felt. I expected shitloads of torque but it had mid to high power. Low end torque wasn't there and the FC was scary la. Too expensive to buy.

Friend lent me his Camry 2.0 2008 M'sia edition, looks nicer than the Japan one - but the car is too heavy for the engine imho. I suspect my Sylphy would outdrag this Camry anytime. Very willowy handling (probably because old suspension). Too expensive to buy too. 5 year old car still needed 100k. That's bloody insane.

Test drove the Accordana model Honda Accord at the 2nd hand car salesman place and found a lot of weird problems like wobbling, squeaking noise and all so didn't like that car. Never tested a new car before but can't afford it new anyway.

Test drove a friends Forte 2.0 and 1.6 - this one I seriously liked. Almost bought the new 1.6 at 80k+. Wifey didn't like the rear seating space, said the Myvi had more space. In a way she was right. So didn't buy.

Want to test drive the K5, never had the chance. Anyone got a K5 for me to test drive? :biggrin: :driver:
My brother had one K5. The ride was rather bumpy probably because it was running on 18 inches. Compared to another car like Altis (10th generation) for example, Altis feels more comfortable.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My brother had one K5. The ride was rather bumpy probably because it was running on 18 inches. Compared to another car like Altis (10th generation) for example, Altis feels more comfortable.
Actually, it's probably the 18" that's causing the bumpiness.

My own car from 195/65/15 changed to 215/45/17 made a humongous difference in comfort. Like magic carpet to adjustables difference. That's pretty significant.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

If really maintenance and FC is ur concern, just get the Toyota which is on the safer side. Cars like Hyundai and Kia, lots have been saying, cars is cheap, parts not. Then like gunners said parts like Honda parts price? Might as well get Honda then :rofl:

Just go for Camry if u r not the kind who is into performance or hardcore speeding and etcs. If u just want a family car that is comfortable to ferry ppl around. Camry will do or the Sylphy. Design wise i prefer Camry though.

Reason being that your thread took that long, not mainly your fault but also partly :biggrin: cuz when a guy buys a car and wife have 1 or 2 say for it, it usually take that long :rofl:

For us guys, see everything okay, buy liao :biggrin:

Toyota meant for comfort but the review for the Cerato VS Altis VS Mazda 3 latest model, Cerato has the most HP but then the steering wheel is just too power steering that you can't really feel the road or the steering according to the feedback of those reviews. Altis is the winner though in terms of overall.

While for Almera VS Vios VS City, City is the winner. Almera sucks the most in terms of overall LOL!

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
when choosing a car don't ever let yr missus make the decision, unless its her car.
before I bought my car, my wife wanted cream interior + rear aircond vents for the kids. she thought I would go for camry, accord or sonata, yes eventually all those cars was on my mind.

ended up choosing e90, at least it fits her criteria.
luckily I didn't bring back an evo7, if not must sleep in the living room for a very looong time :smokin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
kenvy11,
from yr post,i doubt that u will be able to appreciate the accord handling as u mention.
therefore,go for the camry and be done with it.
u can afford it why not right?
maintain it well andnit will be loyal to u.

what i would warn u when going for car with european dna is that u dont want to settle for anything less in the future.even a nerd without knowledge in car will appreciate european ride and handling.
if u drove older kia or hyundai,u will notice its all soft like the jap car.
now,its addictive.
at least the ride is.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

when choosing a car don't ever let yr missus make the decision, unless its her car.
before I bought my car, my wife wanted cream interior + rear aircond vents for the kids. she thought I would go for camry, accord or sonata, yes eventually all those cars was on my mind.

luckily I didn't bring back an evo7, if not must sleep in the living room for a very looong time :smokin:
this my friend is the married petrol head punchline of the day.
come to think abt it...nothing is wrong with the evo.it got 4 door,large boot.
plus,people wont think bad seeing u sleep at the back seat of the evo.
it even elevate yr ranking in the petrolhead community.
i doubt any of us can brag that we 'sleep' with an evo7.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
kenvy11,
from yr post,i doubt that u will be able to appreciate the accord handling as u mention.
therefore,go for the camry and be done with it.
u can afford it why not right?
maintain it well andnit will be loyal to u.

what i would warn u when going for car with european dna is that u dont want to settle for anything less in the future.even a nerd without knowledge in car will appreciate european ride and handling.
if u drove older kia or hyundai,u will notice its all soft like the jap car.
now,its addictive.
at least the ride is.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

this my friend is the married petrol head punchline of the day.
come to think abt it...nothing is wrong with the evo.it got 4 door,large boot.
plus,people wont think bad seeing u sleep at the back seat of the evo.
it even elevate yr ranking in the petrolhead community.
i doubt any of us can brag that we 'sleep' with an evo7.
If he has to sleep in the living room for a very long time, I guess his meaning is that, he is gonna be really really 'dry' for a long long time :rofl::rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe because is Accordana and not Accord.......hahhahahhaha

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

try the YF sonata as well, at that time Hyundai offered me like rm20k discount for their 2012 stock pre-reg car.
Buy second hand, let first owner loose more mah!.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Reason being that your thread took that long, not mainly your fault but also partly :biggrin: cuz when a guy buys a car and wife have 1 or 2 say for it, it usually take that long :rofl:

For us guys, see everything okay, buy liao :biggrin:
That is why you kena lemon........faster cabut.......:burnout:

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

For me, her car is hers, mine I decide mah!......:driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Let's TT at Kia lol. I love the K5's look.

I actually thought of routing an extra hose to the back from the leg aircond. :hahaha:
Evo 7 back very spacious ma.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey ppl.....

was just wondering....the new proton saga claim 83 hp on engine but i am sure its less on wheels.... my question is that can we convert the SOHC to DOHC? issit as simple as ading another cam..... ? or can we change it into high cams? how much does it cost to convert?

i also want to know the expected results...like 83hp to xxx HP...? can it be done? thanks u sifu and other brothers..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience