Help - Is my amp extract too much current ?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

flamming

Dec 2, 2003
Hi bro,
Recently i have install a monoblock amp into my kancil with a single DVC subwoofer. after the installation, it seem fine for about 1 week. But recently, while i was driving my car engine suddenly off. I try to start it but cannot and my turbo timer indicate 11V, i try start few more times, it drop to 5-6 volts. I have a feeling that my car battery is week. hence i call my friend came and connect his battery with my car battery via the power cable to start up my car.My car start.

my doubt is, i suspect my alternator did not have the capacity to charge my batter full due to my monoblock(500watt rms) usage of current is higher than the alternator capacity.

Bro, How to i solve this situation?

Can i change bigger alternator together with dinamo ? If can ? wat model will suit kancil?

Any1 can help ?

Last edited:

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
my bet is yes your battery needs change. to be safe change to something bigger. changing alt wont be easy for kancil but I know you can fit a perdana alt into it. its rated something like 80-90amps

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
if its a class D monoblock amp then it shouldnt extract that much power. maybe your battery was already old and weak...?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Japanese enthusiasts have been blown away by the all-new GT-R as in less than two months since Nissan started accepting pre-orders, 2,282 buyers have signed in for the 473 Hp AWD Coupe, exceeding by a factor of 11 the planned monthly sales total. The GT-R will go on sale in Japan on December 6th.
Breaking down the pre-orders for the new GT-R, Nissan reveals that 60% of the buyers are under 50 years old with the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience