Help - Is my amp extract too much current ?

flamming

Dec 2, 2003
Hi bro,
Recently i have install a monoblock amp into my kancil with a single DVC subwoofer. after the installation, it seem fine for about 1 week. But recently, while i was driving my car engine suddenly off. I try to start it but cannot and my turbo timer indicate 11V, i try start few more times, it drop to 5-6 volts. I have a feeling that my car battery is week. hence i call my friend came and connect his battery with my car battery via the power cable to start up my car.My car start.

my doubt is, i suspect my alternator did not have the capacity to charge my batter full due to my monoblock(500watt rms) usage of current is higher than the alternator capacity.

Bro, How to i solve this situation?

Can i change bigger alternator together with dinamo ? If can ? wat model will suit kancil?

Any1 can help ?

appleyard

Dec 20, 2004
my bet is yes your battery needs change. to be safe change to something bigger. changing alt wont be easy for kancil but I know you can fit a perdana alt into it. its rated something like 80-90amps

Zenn

Jul 12, 2005
if its a class D monoblock amp then it shouldnt extract that much power. maybe your battery was already old and weak...?

Japanese enthusiasts have been blown away by the all-new GT-R as in less than two months since Nissan started accepting pre-orders, 2,282 buyers have signed in for the 473 Hp AWD Coupe, exceeding by a factor of 11 the planned monthly sales total. The GT-R will go on sale in Japan on December 6th.
Breaking down the pre-orders for the new GT-R, Nissan reveals that 60% of the buyers are under 50 years old with the...