Headlight bulbs modification.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

veezard

Dec 7, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Night Breaker is like Xtreme vision slightly below 4k kelvin, Diamond vision is 5k quite white already, so far lucky no stop by authority.....lol:rofl:
BTW i just got info from my fren that Osram NBU got a lot of imitation in Malaysia market. Most likely made in China but carries "ori" made in Germany logo.
So far have any one tried both the osram NBU & philips xtreme vision before? Can please give comment.
Thanks.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
BTW i just got info from my fren that Osram NBU got a lot of imitation in Malaysia market. Most likely made in China but carries "ori" made in Germany logo.
So far have any one tried both the osram NBU & philips xtreme vision before? Can please give comment.
Thanks.
I've used both. Osram is slightly more yellow and based on the feedback I got, there were a few people who had some bad units that broke after 2-3 weeks of use.

I'm on Philips now and it's good when new. After 2 years it starts to get a bit dim. In fact right now it's so dim I want to change it out. But I guess 2 years is a long time anyway.

veezard

Dec 7, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I've used both. Osram is slightly more yellow and based on the feedback I got, there were a few people who had some bad units that broke after 2-3 weeks of use.

I'm on Philips now and it's good when new. After 2 years it starts to get a bit dim. In fact right now it's so dim I want to change it out. But I guess 2 years is a long time anyway.
WoW!, 2 years is good enough for me. (do you go out alot at night?) I also heard alot of review stating Philips bulb are good but alot of imitation in our market. What about PIAA northern star white?
Any one tried these new bulb b4? My fren was telling me is much better then Philips xtreme +100% but more expensive.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

If don't burn out, fade out also no use.....lol:rofl:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Where did you place the Osram night breaker unlimited (is it yellow/white:kelvin?) and philips diamond.
Was there a before and after effect? did you see the differences on brightness during night drive?
Obtain my Osram unit last year during KL International Motor Show from Osram booth themselves.
It is yellow with very minimal white.

Yup, Diamond vis beam are strong but it is in major white. You might no difference when raining because our eyes are used to yellow beam. I do find it a little aggressive when looking at my car from sitting in others. lol

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I am using Phillips Crystal Vision 4300k for close to 2yrs already. Is quite white i would say but not as white as the 5000k. But to me, i think is not bright enough. Maybe coz my headlights are smoked. So planning to change to Diamond Vision 5000k later on.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I am using Phillips Crystal Vision 4300k for close to 2yrs already. Is quite white i would say but not as white as the 5000k. But to me, i think is not bright enough. Maybe coz my headlights are smoked. So planning to change to Diamond Vision 5000k later on.
You ah! smoke the light got dim then change the bulb brighter......hhahahhahahha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Obtain my Osram unit last year during KL International Motor Show from Osram booth themselves.
It is yellow with very minimal white.

Yup, Diamond vis beam are strong but it is in major white. You might no difference when raining because our eyes are used to yellow beam. I do find it a little aggressive when looking at my car from sitting in others. lol
Bro. Ken, Buying at Auto show it is cheaper, or just that it is original?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You ah! smoke the light got dim then change the bulb brighter......hhahahhahahha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Bro. Ken, Buying at Auto show it is cheaper, or just that it is original?
If the auto show exhibitor is Osram, of course they are selling original Osram bulbs! Cheaper depends on whether they are giving a promo price. Otherwise sometimes the shops outside can be cheaper

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

No la bro vr2turbo.....

The car came stock with smoke headlights. I change bulbs. The first bulb was the Crystal Vision. After change already then only realize that i find it not bright enough maybe coz of the smoke headlight. So now want to change to Diamond lor. But use Crystal first la. Until burn only change.....

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
If the auto show exhibitor is Osram, of course they are selling original Osram bulbs! Cheaper depends on whether they are giving a promo price. Otherwise sometimes the shops outside can be cheaper
Yup yup, Exhibitor was Osram themselves. And yes NBU was on promo that period, i couldn't recall the price though.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is what I was asking, whether they sold cheaper or just that he want because is original.....lol:rofl:

A Post Every 5 Mins

hi there every1...

i just got my 4g93 + MIVEC head done last week...
it feels great with the ported n polished head...even with my stock pistons...10.5:1 comp ratio
did a top overhaul before installation...changed all the valve seals n grind the valves...this is my 1st time expose to mivec internals...it's kinda complicated...but it's good to understand your engine well...i enjoyed carrying out the mod.
if u really want more power...slot in the mivec hi comp pistons...stock mivec...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience