Hand break on, rear brake lights on?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeap, but handbrake on my Persona feels useless.
Hmm, eh Vr2,
If my 4th brake light installed as a normal brake light's functionality.
Then i splice the wire to tap with handbrake dashboard light,
will it work? Its like bypass.
If not mistaken the switch should be at the handbrakes, might be easier to tap from there, rather than take out the meter....

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
If not mistaken the switch should be at the handbrakes, might be easier to tap from there, rather than take out the meter....
i think it's ok if u want to tap u'r e-brake to your brake lights coz in most situations, people tend to push the brake when @ red lights especially those full auto gear users (was like that). the problem is, can the panel lights gives out enuff power to brake lights that is 21w especially the fuse ( if u tap to 5w @ night wouldnt it still be the same when switch on light), to add relay means to add more wires to your ori batt wire that have fuse unless u r tapping directly to batt. to tap to your pedal wire is one but ur e-brake is all metal except the grip & the push nob. i'm gonna experiment this wit my kancil & hopefully i can give good result

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
i think it's ok if u want to tap u'r e-brake to your brake lights coz in most situations, people tend to push the brake when @ red lights especially those full auto gear users (was like that). the problem is, can the panel lights gives out enuff power to brake lights that is 21w especially the fuse ( if u tap to 5w @ night wouldnt it still be the same when switch on light), to add relay means to add more wires to your ori batt wire that have fuse unless u r tapping directly to batt. to tap to your pedal wire is one but ur e-brake is all metal except the grip & the push nob. i'm gonna experiment this wit my kancil & hopefully i can give good result
It should be okay since battery/voltage can be distributed when needed.
What do u mean by panel power? Dashboard?
I hope u can be successful. So i can copy. :adore:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
It should be okay since battery/voltage can be distributed when needed.
What do u mean by panel power? Dashboard?
I hope u can be successful. So i can copy. :adore:
it's like this, if u r gonna make the brake lights turn on with u'r handbrake (i usually call them e-brake)indicator lights is on, if directly tapping the power for the indicator lights, can the fuse support the brake lights power consumption that is much greater?
well, i'm thinking to add a relay & tap it to the brake light indoor fuse for power point, tap the indicator lights ground to the relay trigger & the other points of the relay u should know where to tap right:biggrin: so if u turn off u'r ignition key, the brake indicator will not give out signal to turn on u'r brake light unless u set u'r key on acc position, now the problem is, when u r goin to park, surely u will press the brake & brake lights is on, when u pull u'r e-brake, ur foot is still on the pedal,once the indicator lights is on, another power will go to the brake bulb, would it be a surge to the bulb & burn it, thats is what i'm trying to unlock:hmmmm: what do u think @ sifuses out there:adore:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
it's like this, if u r gonna make the brake lights turn on with u'r handbrake (i usually call them e-brake)indicator lights is on, if directly tapping the power for the indicator lights, can the fuse support the brake lights power consumption that is much greater?
well, i'm thinking to add a relay & tap it to the brake light indoor fuse for power point, tap the indicator lights ground to the relay trigger & the other points of the relay u should know where to tap right:biggrin: so if u turn off u'r ignition key, the brake indicator will not give out signal to turn on u'r brake light unless u set u'r key on acc position, now the problem is, when u r goin to park, surely u will press the brake & brake lights is on, when u pull u'r e-brake, ur foot is still on the pedal,once the indicator lights is on, another power will go to the brake bulb, would it be a surge to the bulb & burn it, thats is what i'm trying to unlock:hmmmm: what do u think @ sifuses out there:adore:
It won't burst, i think.
Just logically, i don't know how to explain. haha.
And dude, ur essay is damn hard to read man, ahahha.