Hand break on, rear brake lights on?

dyii95

Sep 11, 2012
Miri
Yeah its a drum brake.. Thought of changing it to disc but the shop I went to couldn't quote me a price

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
pull handbrake there must be indicator on at ur meter cluster.. tap from there la. Or u need to reverse the signal fm handbrake switch fm -ve to +ve in order to trigger the relay (i'm not sure if relay can trigger by -ve signal..not too expert in electrical knowledge). AFAIK handbrake switch is ground signal. For me thats better rather than to open the meter cluster and tracking the indicator wire 1by1.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah its a drum brake.. Thought of changing it to disc but the shop I went to couldn't quote me a price
What car? I'm driving Persona Elegance. Drum brake is sh*t.
And screaming when applied.

pull handbrake there must be indicator on at ur meter cluster.. tap from there la. Or u need to reverse the signal fm handbrake switch fm -ve to +ve in order to trigger the relay (i'm not sure if relay can trigger by -ve signal..not too expert in electrical knowledge). AFAIK handbrake switch is ground signal. For me thats better rather than to open the meter cluster and tracking the indicator wire 1by1.
OKAY. Time to take out the console and check.....when there is time.
The thing is i can't get my plug out of the cig lighter.
Just that one plug i can't get everything out.

Nobody else interested in this mod? :sleep:

dyii95

Sep 11, 2012
Miri
ahh mine is a Toyota Corona ST171.. honestly i feel my brakes are shit during emergency.. but fine for normal use

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Change to steel braided brake hose?
Everyone says its effective?
I need to change mine too.
I saw prices are rm300 but dunno is 1 set or what.
Steel braided does not increased the brake's bite rate but it works in the way you got no flexing on the hoses when you jam the brake, thus, make it more responsive. I actually DIY masking the stock brake hose using cable tight and it works just like steel braided. Only problem is its a plastic so it only lasted a few months.
RM2xx and above pricing are for 1 set consist of 4 braided hose line. You need to remove the wheels for installation.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Steel braided does not increased the brake's bite rate but it works in the way you got no flexing on the hoses when you jam the brake, thus, make it more responsive. I actually DIY masking the stock brake hose using cable tight and it works just like steel braided. Only problem is its a plastic so it only lasted a few months.
RM2xx and above pricing are for 1 set consist of 4 braided hose line. You need to remove the wheels for installation.
Yeap. I understand it's purpose bro.
My PE now is very bad. Plus, i have a small brake pump.
I know one brand is good bit what about the others?
what's the difference? I cant find it.

ronaldindin

Known Member
Jan 14, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.12bet.com
frankly speak, I don't find this idea is practical. Brake light could be irritating to the driver behind you. not a good idea

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Your's must be drum brake? Since u can drag it all the way. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wuu this is something. So when the pedal is pressed, it's 21W right?
Whether drum or disc brakes, if the hand brakes are not tuned properly, the brakes don't bite therefore you can still drive with it on. It tuned proper the resistance can be felt, then you know the brakes are on....

Yup, pedal on activates the 21w filament, that is why brighter....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yeap, but handbrake on my Persona feels useless.
Hmm, eh Vr2,
If my 4th brake light installed as a normal brake light's functionality.
Then i splice the wire to tap with handbrake dashboard light,
will it work? Its like bypass.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yeap. I understand it's purpose bro.
My PE now is very bad. Plus, i have a small brake pump.
I know one brand is good bit what about the others?
what's the difference? I cant find it.
There's a few proven brands now, Improve (I'm using this), superstreet, BFGoodridge and RSPro (Or was it Pro RS?), anyway the key point to a long lasting steel braided hose is cleanliness. You'll want to remove mud, tar and whatever that's stuck on it or coating it.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
There's a few proven brands now, Improve (I'm using this), superstreet, BFGoodridge and RSPro (Or was it Pro RS?), anyway the key point to a long lasting steel braided hose is cleanliness. You'll want to remove mud, tar and whatever that's stuck on it or coating it.
Roger. Thanks. Improve seems cheaper than other brands like Pro RS.
Then everytime u wash your car, u clean the hoses too? :o

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Roger. Thanks. Improve seems cheaper than other brands like Pro RS.
Then everytime u wash your car, u clean the hoses too? :o
Yeah. The theory is we want to avoid getting dirt and all stuck between the braiding cuz if it does, it weakens the braiding and that'll eventually lead to a leak.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car wira 2.0 vr4 stolen ad taman putra perdana puchong, aroynd 4.30 am yesterday 25/10/2011
below my car pic....flat number WEL 1613.last info my car still ad puchong area.....any information about my car please call/msg 0173018951.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience