Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

GTI 4G93 lifter ...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

G_ti

Known Member
Guys ,
My engine lifter is creating noise . How to trouble shoot it ?
Can it be adjusted ? According to few mechanics , they say it cannot be adjusted coz it whole set is using hidrolic system and need to change . Some say maybe b'coz of engine setting and have to check throught the whole engine mechanical parts . Some say maybe b'coz engine oil and i have already change the oil and do tuning the sound is still there but lesser than b4 . ( i'm using castrol magnetic 10-40W )
My question is ....
1 ) Do i have to change it ?
2 ) Can it be changed 1 by 1 ?
3 ) Approximately , how mush will it cost to change a new
lifter ?
4 ) Can i get it from chop shop ?

Really need experts info , as it creating uneasy noise while driving coz the engine sounds like old teksi ...... :mad: :mad:

same here bro...the sound just kills me!! some said that it costs rm 90 to change one lifter..maybe not including labour...if there is too many of them noisy...more economical to change the whole head dont cha think?? simply can go 1k++ ooohh...now i got headache...:frown:

Phanton ,

Don't change yet the lifter . Do u know that all together there is 16 lifters inside ? Imagne if 1 lifter cost you around rm80~90
, how much will cost you if you want to change all ? NIghtmare
man ........ :mad:

Here is some info .....

I have did some research and experiment on this problem .
What i did was .....
1 ) I checked my timing , it was a bit high . So , i asked the mechanic to reduce it . The noise reduced little bit , but
the engine become no power . Actually he just adjusted the alternater only . Now waiting to retunning and fine tuning at my friends place .
2 ) I have changed the engine oil to CASTROL MAGNETIC . B4 this i'm was using petronas semi syntatic . Pertonas oil is good and will make your engine smoother because this oils
molekuls are very small . After i changed the oil the sound totally disappered . Just a few tick ....ticks after i start my
car in the morning , coz the engine is in cold condition .

So , far i'm satisfied with it . You just try and see , then make the desicion .

Good luck .... :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

G_ti said:
Phanton ,

Don't change yet the lifter . Do u know that all together there is 16 lifters inside ? Imagne if 1 lifter cost you around rm80~90
, how much will cost you if you want to change all ? NIghtmare
man ........ :mad:

Here is some info .....

I have did some research and experiment on this problem .
What i did was .....
1 ) I checked my timing , it was a bit high . So , i asked the mechanic to reduce it . The noise reduced little bit , but
the engine become no power . Actually he just adjusted the alternater only . Now waiting to retunning and fine tuning at my friends place .
2 ) I have changed the engine oil to CASTROL MAGNETIC . B4 this i'm was using petronas semi syntatic . Pertonas oil is good and will make your engine smoother because this oils
molekuls are very small . After i changed the oil the sound totally disappered . Just a few tick ....ticks after i start my
car in the morning , coz the engine is in cold condition .

So , far i'm satisfied with it . You just try and see , then make the desicion .

Good luck .... :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

please check from 4gtuners's forum for details...

www.4gtuners.com

before change ur engine oil, get a STP engine flush to flush ur engine first.it can help . :D

for me, i did an engine flush with cap ayam oil filter, let it idle for 10 mins, drain out the flushing oil. then pour in cheap mineral oil with another new cap ayam oil filter, let it idle for 15 mins, went for a few spins. then drain everything out. then finally, a good oil filter with chemlube ester base fully-syn 10w40 + tufoil. results? :) hehehehe, bye bye lifter sounds. the engine is ohhh so smooth now.

hmm...seems like it's just a problem of choosing oil...so wat's the best grade?? 40,50,60?? the front one..the W part...dont mind la..it's not like we got winter here right??...can try magnatec after this..

lifters

Bro, i m using 10/40 for my 4g93 engine...It solved the problem..

I used to have terrible noise too....

I am using Nasa oils...ok only

bro...u mean that green colored NASA oil treatment is it?? just add to any 10/40 oil aa?? well if thats the case..it wud be hell lot cheaper...hehehe :biggrin:

got 1 more product here sale in zth called D'carbo.. used it in my vr4.. problem solved..

A Post Every 5 Mins

Good day,

Another Volkswagen need to update here. This car is a brand new 1week old ride, owner wash this car by himself with plain water after he got it. During inspection this car have only 15% of swirls and other than that is RIDS that may need wet sanding to remove. We cant expect the car will be in perfect condition once you got the car, even a BMW will have hologram issue once the owner got his car at the showroom.

The Jetta was delivered to me on Friday, weather was bad too...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom