Gran Turismo 2 - NOT FORGOTTEN!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Gran Turismo 2

Gran Turismo is a driving simulator game for the Sony PlayStation, introduced to the public in late 1999. There are about 600 cars to drive in the game, but you can't buy all of them, so you have to try to win them. You also have to earn the right to race by passing certain tests. No two cars are alike, and that's what makes it fun. The game spans 35 years of automotive and motorsport development, so if you're a car nut like me, expect to get attached to the game. There are muscle cars, racing cars, sports cars, econo-cars, and luxury sedans. There are about 30 circuits: paved road courses and rally tracks with mixed surfaces.

SakuraGuy
Zerotohundred.Com

Last edited:
Some of my saved games .. and few highly tuned cars. I run this game from my pc via emulator .. .and later i post more images ..

INTRODUCTION SCREEN
screenhunter16mh.jpg

MY LIST OF CARS IN GARAGE .. WITH FEW MILLIONS OF CREDIT
screenhunter23nv.jpg

MY FAVOURITE PENNZOIL NISMO R34 GT-R
screenhunter34aa.jpg

MY 785ps SKYLINE R34 GT-R - FULLY TUNED
screenhunter47oz.jpg

MY XANAVI SILVIA JGTC - GT300 CLASS RACE CAR
screenhunter56ff.jpg

MY MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO VI - RALLY VERSION
screenhunter65pn.jpg

MY SUZUKI ESCUDO PIKES PEAK VERSION (THE MOST FASTEST CAR IN GT2)
screenhunter78ot.jpg

MY HKS R33 GT-R DRAG CAR
screenhunter86bi.jpg

MY NISMO 400R FULLY TUNED VERSION
screenhunter92zn.jpg

MY HKS 180SX DRAG CAR
screenhunter109nc.jpg

MY MERCEDES CLK-RACE VERSION (SPECIAL TUNED)
screenhunter113tb.jpg

TRYING TO DRIFT WITH EVOLUTION VI GSR RALLY CAR
screenhunter193js.jpg

my GT2 disk borrow to friend he never returned till today ...
dunno why i finished all the races and licenses still havent get 100% completed
one of my favaroute things about the game is the license test where u have to take the race viper and go around laguna seca in a certain time .. surely loved that .. require proper braking or else sure fail it by going out of the track ...

btw , the reason i baught a ps one is to play gt2 solely ...
*finds friend phone number to claim missing cd .....

Super Tuned Sakura Nissan Sileighty - 981ps Underground Tuned!

screenhunter10ws.jpg

Super Tuned Sakura Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R VSpec - 981ps Underground Tuned!

screenhunter28bi.jpg

Super Tuned Sakura Nismo GT-R LM Edition - Heartstopping Ultimate 2,800 horsepower car!

screenhunter37mo.jpg

infernaL said:
how the heck u tune the car till such hp

Well, it is called hybrid tuning in Gran Turismo community and it is done by cheat codes.

BTW, to answer the very popular question on why all of us who played GT2 cant get 100% completion......there are actually many but the one of the answers that has stand the test of time and trials is :

Because apparently Sony Entertainment was rushing to put this game on the market shelves ASAP so they did not include the supposed "Drag Competition Mode" and therefore the remaining 2.XX percent is the missing mode. Furthur evident which supports this theory is the "hidden" drag track found in Laguna Seca.

Yes, its all tuned using hex coding. And those cars are really awesome man! .. lil_joker is correct, they missed out an event to be included in the game, but we can complete 100% using hex-coding also .. ;)

Maximum skylines can be tuned are about 774hp and thats 785ps in dyno graph when u enter any race events. But some car cant afford higher horsepower, we have to becareful when code using hex, otherwise it will damage the saved game data.

The highest i have is 2800ps which pumps 1600KW of torque on all four wheel in my NISMO GT-R LM (R33) version of roadcar. If u see the car at last image, u can realise at lower left corner there, it shows "PENNZOIL GT-R" and not NISMO LM as stated in title cause i use tuning from PENNZOIL NISMO GT-R. Something like change half-cut larr... using V6 DOHC TWIN TURBO and rebored to 3000 c.c.

Easiest way is buy any powerful car at ~450ps then run in RED ROCK VALLEY in GRANTURISMO ALL STARTS section, u will get SPEED 12 which u can sell at 500k .. tats the tip to get more money ..

im still playing GT2 cause no money to buy PS2 .. even i play use my computer oso .. PS1 oso rosak. ....

im still drifting, later i post video clip of my drifts ;) .. ekekekekek .. so fun!

its all in the game! ...

thanks for the explanation gt shifus ... arr reminds me of videos from gtplanet ... grandorifto and oppositelock .

broo......check mine.......hehehe

Levin2a.jpg

Well, definately one thing that I personally really miss in GT4 (I did not play GT3 so I dunno whether they got it or not) is the option for you to modify the apperance of the car using racing kits. Very nice.

used to play gt2 but since got meself gt4 cannot play already gt2. don't no why, maybe because the image was not sharp n make my head dizzy :p
better get ur self some ps2 or wait till ps3 got out then grab it.
sure u won't regret one.

joe_gaban said:
used to play gt2 but since got meself gt4 cannot play already gt2. don't no why, maybe because the image was not sharp n make my head dizzy :p
better get ur self some ps2 or wait till ps3 got out then grab it.
sure u won't regret one.
vision GT.. hmm.. 20+ car race together no more limit 6 car?

i can't play it in XP... last time used toplay in winme....

now using XP.. the emulator can't run... :(

mm.. GT2.. nostalgic wei..:wink:
miss my ps..

like infernal, the reason behind ownin a ps.. GranTurismo2

i still remember playing it day and nite when i juz got the ps..
stayed up late juz to wait till my dad finish espn and my mum finish w her tvb dramas to play..

i used gameshark to increase the credit till 99,999,999
and bot all the cars and arranged em in the garage according to it's makes..
hardcore betul..:rolleyes:

yeah... its one of da best racing games series... my personal favourite... Gran turismo series rox man...

anyone help me.... i search online up n down... still can't find the way to play in my win xp now... :(

Uuuuuuuuu Uuuuuuuuu
T_T
(go dig my store room for my PSONE)
drifting in grinderwald was my fav
yeayyyyhaaayyyyyy
look ma i can drift

Top Bottom