Fuse for headlights shortcircuited - reason?

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Hi all,

Need some help here. I am driving a proton putra, and the fuse for my headlamps (located in the fuse box in the engine compartment) fused due to short circuit somewhere. I changed the fuse from 20A to 30A and still it burnt out. Only components not working is so far the headlights (radio, alarm, power window, window de-fogger, wipers etc all are working). I need to zoom down to which component that is causing the short circuit. Happened just yesterday after dinner. No new components or accessories added. Anyone here knows besides the headlights, does this same fuse cater to other components of the car? LIke i said, all other components that i check are all working ok so these components are not on the same circuit as the headlights fuse. I brought to wireman and he also said dunno where causing it.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
inside the wiring somewhare short oledi ..... its like erm ..... your part in the light short oledi ..... like last time roy27 mom wira ..... half way the car no light oledi ..... every thing also ok but the fuse keep on breaking ..... so bring back to proton check they found out that the rear light the parts inside short oledi ..... there must be somewhare short oledi ..... either your lights or your wiring inside short oledi ..... try go back to proton SC check ...... erm whare u staying ?

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
edwin_lcw said:
inside the wiring somewhare short oledi ..... its like erm ..... your part in the light short oledi ..... like last time roy27 mom wira ..... half way the car no light oledi ..... every thing also ok but the fuse keep on breaking ..... so bring back to proton check they found out that the rear light the parts inside short oledi ..... there must be somewhare short oledi ..... either your lights or your wiring inside short oledi ..... try go back to proton SC check ...... erm whare u staying ?
yup, i already know somewhere in the wiring short circuit. I would be checking the lights and rear lights soon, but i need to know if the fuse caters to any other things besides the headlights, and rear lights. Me is staying near kepong. Would check out the rear lights today. It's not the main headlights bulb coz i tried using the small light also the thing short circuits... thanks though.

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
yah.....tats me.....dun simply go n change the fuse in higher value.....it will makes condition worse.....when front headlamp fuse not working then the rear light will not light up.....

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
hmm.. latest update, the thing short circuited again on me twice yesterday. I noticed that whenever that happens, the radio would flick off and then on again. Also it short circuits even though when my lights not switched on. Tested yesterday and even with my lights on, no short circuit. Happened a few times that when i engage reverse gear, it short circuits (though not immediately). Thought it might be the reverse sensor, took out the fuse for the reverse sensor but still prob occurs. Then i suspected could be the reverse lights BUT even though the fuse burnt out, the reverse lights still working hence reverse lights not using the same fuse and cannot be the culprit.

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
y dun u send yr car to servvice centre or accessories shop n save up all yr hassle......since u can't find where is the source of short circuit.....

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
roy27 said:
y dun u send yr car to servvice centre or accessories shop n save up all yr hassle......since u can't find where is the source of short circuit.....
i did bring to wire man yesterday and he spent 30 mins but could not find the fault. ANyway, think i am gonna try bringing to accessories shop this weekend and see.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
u bring to proton service center ..... they have experience on this problem .... no need run here n run there

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
hmm... well, my car is not really ori now especial with ICE, alarm etc. I had a bad experience last time with them. I sent in for servicing and had problems with it. I made a complaint and they kept pointing finger that my car not ori bla bla. In the end, the culprit turned out to be the spark plug cable broken (which was caused by them in the first place when they replaced my spark plugs). Dunno la, i dun trust their expertise that much...

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
errr....wat is kaitan grounding n vs wif tat?

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
maybe too much charging makes the wire melt ? haha !!! woi last time my little bulb picah coz of no grounding .....

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
he always drive fast.....so more electric flow in.....then one of his small headlamp bulb get burn.....but i think tats not really the cause ler....is the bulb quality....its yr luck when change to blue bulb

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nowadays, I myself do not know what has happened to the people in the world.
The country itself is bad enough and yet we are unable to unite with each other.

We all have heard, watch and even some did experience road violence or some would call
it road bully.

Due to lot of reasons and possibilities that could have started that fight or rage on the road.

Guys, do remember this video that was recorded due to a minor accident which end up
in a big issue and a big fight till it was so...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience