Formula One engines heading to the path of turbocharged four-cylinder for 2013

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
in d good old days of F1 racing,i think d teams r not adhered 2 strict ruling like one engine must last 4 @ least how many rounds,right?dats y can go all out n u c such insane figures frm a 1.5L mill.....but IF d rule remains whr an engine must last say @ least 4 rounds,can they still produce such power figure?i wonder.....hmmmm....

s1l3n7x

May 7, 2009
wow..after this we can see team lotus use the campro turbo F1 lah..haha..

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Next year Team Lotus will involve in Renault:

Group Lotus has ramped up its involvement in Formula 1 by becoming title sponsor and a major shareholder in the rebranded Lotus Renault GP Team.

As AUTOSPORT exclusively revealed in October, Renault has revised its F1 strategy by selling the stake it had in its F1 team back to co-owners Genii Capital and will now focus on being just an engine supplier.

That move has allowed Genii to sell a stake to Group Lotus - which has led to a renaming of the outfit and a move for the team's colours to be in iconic black and gold next year.

The title sponsorship deal with Group Lotus is due to run until the end of the 2017 season, with Renault committing to supply engines to the team for a number of years.

Gerard Lopez, chairman of Renault F1 Team, said about the deal: "We are delighted that we can now go public with the news that we will be racing as Lotus Renault GP in 2011.

"It is extremely exciting to begin a new era for the team in partnership with Group Lotus, and we will continue to enjoy a strong relationship with Renault over the coming seasons. It is a tribute to the excellent work this year by the team in Enstone that we have been able to attract both major sponsorship and new investment for a very bright future."

The announcement of Group Lotus' plans for 2011 comes despite Tony Fernandes pushing on with his plans to race as Team Lotus next year - with his outfit now also having Renault engines and set to run in black and gold colours.

Group Lotus CEO Dany Bahar, who has been pushing aggressively for his company's return to motorsport, added: "I can think of no better platform for automotive brand communications than motorsport and F1 is the very pinnacle of open-wheel racing.

"We're well aware that there has been a lot of controversy around the usage of our brand in F1 and I'm delighted to be able to formally clarify our position once and for all: we are Lotus and we are back."

Source: Autosport

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Jin,
not 30k RPM la, already nerf from 18,000 RPM to 10,000 RPM as stated above. When last time in the old days, it was 20,000 RPM :biggrin:

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
kinda miss the turbo days of F1. 10000rpm rev also sound wild.
thanks yeehau86, good research.
i remember the footage that lewis hamilton drove aryton senna winning honda. sounded nice & prove skilled driver to tame it.

wonder when will the 2.4 v8 engine be used on normal road cars. sure be nice :adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
go search at youtube bmw 2002 turbo..thats the sound coming from inline4 turbo in f1 engine.... :adore:

BOV sound really short..not fancy2 like most we hear on normal road...

it just goes like chit(gearchange) chit(gearchange)....or most likely just like those on mines gtr34 :adore:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
go search at youtube bmw 2002 turbo..thats the sound coming from inline4 turbo in f1 engine.... :adore:

BOV sound really short..not fancy2 like most we hear on normal road...

it just goes like chit(gearchange) chit(gearchange)....or most likely just like those on mines gtr34 :adore:
oh... tot will full of bird sound...:biggrin:

Keith90

Jan 12, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
LOL if the technology manage to implement in normal cars, you will see small cars chasing those big 2.0, 2.4 litre cars... Myvi chasing Skyline, Evo, STI(just example evo,skyline,sti drivers dun get mad k) :biggrin:

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
dont forget the mighty kelisa, Kancil & Kenari.

haha... got flashback. saw kenari tumble at samanthan corner.. it was hilarious. hahahahahahah

i guess the technology could do good in engine technology advancement & good on mileage.

how far was it when small mini beat the crap out of porc?
that was a genius car