For those who have installed rims...

LemonRuski

Known Member
I need advice.

- Stock suspension system.
- Conbine with 205/40/17 rims...

- will the ride be noisy, now that the tires are much thinner?
- will the ride be uncomfortable, now that the tires are thinner?
- risk of rim or tire damage, now that the tires are thinner?

abit scared, that i might REGRET ..after upgrading from 195/55/15 to 205/40/17

that's why want to do some research first...

some shops actually said for my car...(kia spectra), can install 205/45/17 tires also worr

but if i do that, it will go above the 3% limit...

why would u want to go to such huge rims with low profile tyres

it is easier for the rims to dent using such low prifle tyres

Low profile tires = higher NVH (because there are performance tires)

I'm using Bridgestone Super Tourer MY-01 215/45/17 - not bad but less comfortable than my old Bridgestone RE711 205/16/50. But hey, I can't use 16" anymore... wheel spin 30% all the time during launching.

acbc said:
Low profile tires = higher NVH (because there are performance tires)

I'm using Bridgestone Super Tourer MY-01 215/45/17 - not bad but less comfortable than my old Bridgestone RE711 205/16/50. But hey, I can't use 16" anymore... wheel spin 30% all the time during launching.

u hantam gas much ah? then wheel spin? but then is cool but not good for your tyres lol......

LemonRuski said:
I need advice.

- Stock suspension system.
- Conbine with 205/40/17 rims...

- will the ride be noisy, now that the tires are much thinner?
- will the ride be uncomfortable, now that the tires are thinner?
- risk of rim or tire damage, now that the tires are thinner?
noise depends on what type of tyres u are using...
yeap, ride will be abit stiff due to lower profile tyres...
yeap, risk of damaged rims is increased....

besides,
fuel consumption will go up as well due to bigger rolling resistance...
hard to spin ur wheel or burn rubber...
tyres are expensive as they grow bigger in rim diameter....

if u dont min u can get tougher rims...harder to bent...my friend using 17 inches DTM RIM on his satria with a very stiff suspension...goes through the potholes like no body`s business...his rim still ok...but tire bengkak...hehe...

Hard to tell if rims are OK after hitting a pothole.

The only way to find out is by visiting the tire shop n have them do a wheel balancing.

My old rims looked ok from outside but the balancing machine said otherwise. Luckily, it was repairable.

Want to become a racer or what? 17" rim... For my point of view, bigger rim = better cornering = higher FC. But how many corners we meet everyday? Like I go to work from Seremban to PD, the most is 15 corners.

lolz... plus, how u wanna pek every corner??.. u think racing arr, can pek corner at full speed... hahaha...
for street use, many change to bigger rims due to cosmetic purposes... their reason say better cornering or stability tipu la... wont affect vr much... wakakakaka....

Alright...in that case, scrap the upgrade plan.
Just change tires and keep to my 15" rims..

THanks all for your comments!! =)

next time when u have extra cash in hand only do lor... not to say it totally wrong or useless... pimp'ing ur ride also one of the trend mah.... :)

if got extra cash also dont want to change to 17" liow....since the rim will get dented easily, road noise somemore added, fuel usage also increase..

good quality rims wont dent easily (no guaranttee in this)...
bigger rims alwiz look nicer... u jz have to becareful whenever u drive lor... u see pothole must quick quick avoid it... now i drive my car also must lookout on the road if got huge bumps, potholes and so on... not jz scared to dent my rims, scared my undercarridge also (too low)....