Ferrari 599 GTO

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Exclusive: Ferrari 599 GTO revealed in Malaysia

Released in April 2010, Ferrari announced the details of the F599 GTO. Based on the product development of the 599XX, the 599 GTO is claimed to be the fastest Ferrari road car ever, lapping the Fiorano circuit a whole 1-sec faster than the Enzo. The GTO designation has only ever graced the names of two other Ferraris before this; the 250 GTO, and the 288 GTO, so the 599 certainly has a reputation to live up to!

Weight was pared off in many areas, (the GTO saving 100kg over the GTB) and the 'standard' aerodynamics from the GTB was also tweaked. Eagle eyed readers of ZTH will notice that the GTO in pictures below does not have the Alcantara dashboard trim which certainly helps this GTO stand out that little bit more.

Only 599 examples of this V12 monsters will ever be built, and none so far have been spotted in KL. Its less hardcore brothers (GTB Fiorano, and HGTE) are also a rare sight compared to the younger V8 brothers. The good news? Three are slated to arrive on our Malaysian roads...

Attachments

Last edited:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
r3k4hsttub, you used a tripod to take that shot ar?

one time i think i'm so good aledi but open up zth see yur nick then found out i need to learn more haihz..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Real nice shots and nice car...kinda made me change
my mind on aiming this as dream car :rofl:

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the kind comments on the quality of pics. All of my pictures so far have been hand-held without tripod (whether day/night shots). Glad you all enjoyed them :)

drew1.0beta

Known Member
May 27, 2006
Damn! 599s are just beautiful...By the way, those are some quality shots man!

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
i always love this guy's pic. i think u're d guy that always post rare supercar pics . u edit a bit? what r u using, 5d mark II? kudos bro..

back to d car. 1st impression without read thoroughly i thought this was "typical" GTB Fiorano (yeaa like i have one parked under the tree now...pfftt.....) then u stressed about its rareness compared to his brother GTB then my eyes caught the different of its hood..my silly eyes can't spot other than that to compare. is there any?

i dun want to sound arrogant but of that 3 landed on our shore... one is mine.. bought for my grandma..no big deal.....:tongue:

owh ok... spotted couple of anomalies.. the brake disc cover.. the wheels...n the grill... ow the diffuser too...

Last edited:

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Again - thanks for all the positive responses :)

I do minimal touch-up on all my pics, of course... and I'm actually using a 550D; only had it for a couple of months so I'm learning new things as I move along.

There are some very subtle visual differences between the GTB and GTO:
1) Bonnet vents (two on GTB, four on GTO shown in pics)
2) Engine covers on the GTO is red, as opposed to the GTB
3) Rear prancing horse on the boot is black on the GTO as opposed to silver on the GTB
4) Dry carbon fiber side skirts
5) Three rear aero "fins" on the GTO, only two on the GTB
6) Mesh grille on the GTO
7) GTO wheels have an added aerodynamic tweak which improves airflow (and of course, different rims!)

Here is a 'normal' 599 for comparison sake:

Last edited:

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
ok thanks.
so no.7 explains the wheel-donut... i get it now.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, my wira aircond switch light is gone oledi. I remove the switch from the front panel and i cannot find a way to open it. I scare to damge it because there are a few hooks oledi broken on the front panel. Anybody can help ?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience