Ferrari 288 GTO claims title of world’s fastest Ferrari

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The Bonneville Slat Flats is a place where dreams are achieved and inevitably broken. Take for example, the rebuilt Ferrari Enzo that just claimed the title of the world’s fastest Ferrari. That won’t be the case anymore if this Ferrari 288 GTO has anything to say about it.

Built by P4 by Norwood, a Ferrari tuning shop, the car is laying claim to the title of world’s fastest Ferrari, having averaged a run of 443.2km/h.

Now here comes the interesting bit, it’s no Italian engine behind the driver but an all-muscle 8.85-liter big block General Motors V8 that will power the car to the title. Of course the engine gets some aid from two 80mm Borg Warner turbos to each bank, forcing air in at 1.17-bars. The body itself is pretty much stock, testament to the build quality of the Prancing Horse.

Owner Steve Trafton got a two-for-one with the run as he not only claimed the title for world’s fastest Ferrari but also took home the world’s fastest sports car title, edging out the previous record by just a shade under 5km/h.

Power figures for the car are still under wraps, understandably. Just be sure to tie down your computer screen when watching the video after this.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3_622rP7bqI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Source: Autoblog

Attachments

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
all-muscle 8.85-liter big block General Motors V8, eh? car sure chun one.

MaRvyn

Known Member
Nov 9, 2007
www.vixiousworks.com
This ain't no Ferrari.. heck, it doesn't even sound like one.. this is an american cowboy ride..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
sheep in the wolf clothing :hmmmm:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
adulterated...no more Ferrari at heart.