Feel-a-like-TaxiCar

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
Brothers & Sifus.....

My ride is a iswara aeroback....currently experiencing feel-a-like taxi car.....as if all my absorbers/suspensions are not working anymore.....even when riding through on uneven road/yellow line....the whole car rattle like there is no tomorrow....could it be the absorber/suspensions kong??? car aged 4 years liao.....should i change all my absober???Do i need to change the coil as well??? Was thinking of using the Kayaba RS short stroke.....anywan got experince with this model???? What else should i change when changing the absorbers & suspensions??? Your advise is highly appreciated....

Regards,
NSkyline...

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
ello....no one reply wan ar.....need help la here......btw....one mechanic said could be joint need to re tighten and bushes.....can there be any truth???

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
where all the member go?? No one....can help me ar.....man....

blitzs360

Known Member
Jan 18, 2007
just change the absober to new one( standard one for comfort) will do. spring no need. the kayaba rs is sports abs meaning its hard.

Elitehunter

Known Member
Dec 6, 2006
try checking your absorber, go to one end of the car and push it down. if it bounces 1 or 2 times, means abs still ok. if more, kong adi la. Also do visual inspection see if got oil stain at your abs. If got, time to change a new one. The coil spring no need to change coz it can last veri long. Unless ur car is like 20 years.. If u wanna change to the short stroke, must change coil also loo.. change to lowered springs. If not ur short stroke abs veri veri fast kong.

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
thanks guys.....but could it be the bushes???? some mechanic said could be bushes and need to retighten some joint....

Elitehunter

Known Member
Dec 6, 2006
maybe so la.. but i dunno bout the bushes..
must ask sifu skywalker...

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
paging skywalker......sifu skywalker......help.....

GoldenHawk

500 RPM
Aug 6, 2004
Had the SAME problem...
I opted for custom abs. :smile:
Only regretting my stiffened springs... got to get it sorted out SOON.... :regular_smile:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
apahal nya??...

vibration??... ur absorber KO adi or not??... could possibly caused by bushing...
btw, front vibrate or rear vibrate??... steering vibrate or whole car vibrate??...

if steering only, mayb tie rod problem....

simple solution, go take ur car to a trusted mech and check... make sure u check with ur mech as well and discuss the problem with him... ask him as many question until u are clear what caused the problem....

btw, my car over 4 yrs jor, still havent change bushing arr... not to say perfect condition la... but never vibrate lor...

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
wah.....skywalker....your car older than mine still so good condition??? man...mayb u r right need to take the mech to test drive the car better if really the bushing problem than ok la.....i asked one proton guys regarding the iswara special edition and the Lmst....he said the absorber is the same as the old one....the never change it at all...i asked how come those model look lowered compare to the earlier iswara.....the fellow said is because of 14" rims....bigger diameter made it looks lowered....nonsense...me using 15" still the gap between the fender and the tyre look so huge.....waht u think bro...could it be they ar potong the spring or really short stroke abs.....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
wah.....skywalker....your car older than mine still so good condition??? man...mayb u r right need to take the mech to test drive the car better if really the bushing problem than ok la.....i asked one proton guys regarding the iswara special edition and the Lmst....he said the absorber is the same as the old one....the never change it at all...i asked how come those model look lowered compare to the earlier iswara.....the fellow said is because of 14" rims....bigger diameter made it looks lowered....nonsense...me using 15" still the gap between the fender and the tyre look so huge.....waht u think bro...could it be they ar potong the spring or really short stroke abs.....
its the spring... LMSS n LMST springs are 20mm shorter compare to saga iswara... not many mech notice that.... as for the absorber, mayb both comes from different manufacturer la... but definitely not short stroke abs... because short stroke abs are much stiffer, it will surely compensate its comfort and no parents will buy it for their children.... :P

LMST n LMSS using 14" rims with 60 or 70series tyres??... if 60series tyres, there wont be noticeable effect compare to 13" rims with 70series tyres... because the overall diameter (rim+tyre) of both wheel is almost the same....

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
oh......like taht.....but i did check my friend's iswara special edition.....the absorber is by Kayaba too....same as the older iswara.....so....if i want to achieve the same result waht would u advice???

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
same result as LMSS handling??... opt for LMSS suspension setup lor... get LMSS/LMST springs and put in better absorbers.... try gas-charged kayaba absorbers.... if have budget, try get monroe..... not bad....

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
bro.....so....i change the spring to LMSS/LMST get it from proton la right....and then put in kayaba gas charged stock or aftermarket??? monroe....sensatrac ar.... do i need to change the bushing too ar.....i hope not la....got to ask a good mech to check

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
yaya.... if possible get the springs from proton... because many outside sparepart shop wont know the difference between the 2... they will say "both can use one lah" attitude.....

kayaba gas-charged absorber... what u mean by stock or aftermarket??... actually i dunno iswara stock absorber using what brand la... jz tell the sparepart shop or tayar shop u wanna change absorber to gas-charged kayaba one can adi lor...

monroe senstrac, u heard its pretty good for comfort... handling wise, abit better than stock la... price also quite expensive... hehe...

bushings use back original one lor... if ur bushing havent KO, no need change lor... wait till KO only change, dun waste extra money....

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
wah taikor....reallly keng man.....u r the man!!!.....What i mean is that stock abs from proton is also kayaba...aftermarket is those selling outside...like kayaba Rs, monroe....Gab....so on....ok.. boss...will do as u adviced....thanks mate....

kahheng

Known Member
Mar 28, 2007
KL/ Johor
i tot proton iswara using macpherson strut? and the gap btw ur tyres and fender mmg big because u notice onot, the fender got curve up round shape one, behind where got,its flat, so illusion tells u that the rear part of ur car is lower.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
i tot proton iswara using macpherson strut? and the gap btw ur tyres and fender mmg big because u notice onot, the fender got curve up round shape one, behind where got,its flat, so illusion tells u that the rear part of ur car is lower.
yealer... macpherson strut is the type of suspension.... taikor NSkyline is refering to what brand of absorber mah....
macpherson is older type... many other older model also using this kinda setting... newer cars such as accord, camry (other big cars) using double wishbone suspension...

learn more about suspension here...
Car Bibles : The Car Suspension Bible

saga iswara has a vr stupid rear wheel arch design la... the straight cut (similar to older citroen car) allows the wheel to run inside the arch... means, we are not allowed to change to much wider rims or more offset rims....
thats why new cars such as savvy, myvi, wira all can fit 17" or 18" rims easily... they got bigger wheel arch clearance....

wah taikor....reallly keng man.....u r the man!!!.....What i mean is that stock abs from proton is also kayaba...aftermarket is those selling outside...like kayaba Rs, monroe....Gab....so on....ok.. boss...will do as u adviced....thanks mate....
i mana ada kengz la... i talk cock sing song den clever lar...

kayaba is an independant company ler, not related to proton... sometime ago, proton oem shocks are from APM... they jz switch from APM n kayaba, depending which one suits which car....

stock kayaba abs from proton i guess is oil-based absorber... that would be cheaper... if u want abit more performance, get gas-charged ones... a bit better responsive...

kayaba rs is short stroke adi... its also called racing shocks...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Photography:
-Ldragon
-Tom

Pages: 5

Report by: .S.K.A.G.E.E.

Last night was definitely a night to remember,

It was the first time the Expert group had the opportunity to go in reverse direction on the track which proved to be challenging even with skills and experience that some of the Expert drifters had! I might...

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience