Feel-a-like-TaxiCar

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
Brothers & Sifus.....

My ride is a iswara aeroback....currently experiencing feel-a-like taxi car.....as if all my absorbers/suspensions are not working anymore.....even when riding through on uneven road/yellow line....the whole car rattle like there is no tomorrow....could it be the absorber/suspensions kong??? car aged 4 years liao.....should i change all my absober???Do i need to change the coil as well??? Was thinking of using the Kayaba RS short stroke.....anywan got experince with this model???? What else should i change when changing the absorbers & suspensions??? Your advise is highly appreciated....

Regards,
NSkyline...

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
ello....no one reply wan ar.....need help la here......btw....one mechanic said could be joint need to re tighten and bushes.....can there be any truth???

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
where all the member go?? No one....can help me ar.....man....

blitzs360

Known Member
Jan 18, 2007
just change the absober to new one( standard one for comfort) will do. spring no need. the kayaba rs is sports abs meaning its hard.

Elitehunter

Known Member
Dec 6, 2006
try checking your absorber, go to one end of the car and push it down. if it bounces 1 or 2 times, means abs still ok. if more, kong adi la. Also do visual inspection see if got oil stain at your abs. If got, time to change a new one. The coil spring no need to change coz it can last veri long. Unless ur car is like 20 years.. If u wanna change to the short stroke, must change coil also loo.. change to lowered springs. If not ur short stroke abs veri veri fast kong.

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
thanks guys.....but could it be the bushes???? some mechanic said could be bushes and need to retighten some joint....

Elitehunter

Known Member
Dec 6, 2006
maybe so la.. but i dunno bout the bushes..
must ask sifu skywalker...

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
paging skywalker......sifu skywalker......help.....

GoldenHawk

500 RPM
Aug 6, 2004
Had the SAME problem...
I opted for custom abs. :smile:
Only regretting my stiffened springs... got to get it sorted out SOON.... :regular_smile:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
apahal nya??...

vibration??... ur absorber KO adi or not??... could possibly caused by bushing...
btw, front vibrate or rear vibrate??... steering vibrate or whole car vibrate??...

if steering only, mayb tie rod problem....

simple solution, go take ur car to a trusted mech and check... make sure u check with ur mech as well and discuss the problem with him... ask him as many question until u are clear what caused the problem....

btw, my car over 4 yrs jor, still havent change bushing arr... not to say perfect condition la... but never vibrate lor...

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
wah.....skywalker....your car older than mine still so good condition??? man...mayb u r right need to take the mech to test drive the car better if really the bushing problem than ok la.....i asked one proton guys regarding the iswara special edition and the Lmst....he said the absorber is the same as the old one....the never change it at all...i asked how come those model look lowered compare to the earlier iswara.....the fellow said is because of 14" rims....bigger diameter made it looks lowered....nonsense...me using 15" still the gap between the fender and the tyre look so huge.....waht u think bro...could it be they ar potong the spring or really short stroke abs.....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
wah.....skywalker....your car older than mine still so good condition??? man...mayb u r right need to take the mech to test drive the car better if really the bushing problem than ok la.....i asked one proton guys regarding the iswara special edition and the Lmst....he said the absorber is the same as the old one....the never change it at all...i asked how come those model look lowered compare to the earlier iswara.....the fellow said is because of 14" rims....bigger diameter made it looks lowered....nonsense...me using 15" still the gap between the fender and the tyre look so huge.....waht u think bro...could it be they ar potong the spring or really short stroke abs.....
its the spring... LMSS n LMST springs are 20mm shorter compare to saga iswara... not many mech notice that.... as for the absorber, mayb both comes from different manufacturer la... but definitely not short stroke abs... because short stroke abs are much stiffer, it will surely compensate its comfort and no parents will buy it for their children.... :P

LMST n LMSS using 14" rims with 60 or 70series tyres??... if 60series tyres, there wont be noticeable effect compare to 13" rims with 70series tyres... because the overall diameter (rim+tyre) of both wheel is almost the same....

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
oh......like taht.....but i did check my friend's iswara special edition.....the absorber is by Kayaba too....same as the older iswara.....so....if i want to achieve the same result waht would u advice???

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
same result as LMSS handling??... opt for LMSS suspension setup lor... get LMSS/LMST springs and put in better absorbers.... try gas-charged kayaba absorbers.... if have budget, try get monroe..... not bad....