Fast and Furious Cars

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Rush had a mediocre storyline if you ask me. But I gotta agree that the action sequences were a lot more realistic and entertaining than FF7. But hey, so was NFS the movie and that show was shit.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Rush had a mediocre storyline if you ask me. But I gotta agree that the action sequences were a lot more realistic and entertaining than FF7. But hey, so was NFS the movie and that show was shit.
Maybe coz Rush is based on real story so they cannot add/expand much of it.
My favorite race movie is the Senna documentary movie but you can say I'm biased. :biggrin:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I think the movie is sh!t.

The series get progressively ridiculous with each sequel . Implausible, outrageous and over the top plots and action sequences seems to be the staple diet for most retarded moviegoers these days. The first 3 F&F is at least watchable, but the deeper they get into the franchise, the crazier it becomes. I think the typical audience love all this because they keep coming with the same formula for every action movie. CGI CGI and more CGI.

On the other hand, if you get a accomplished director like Ron Howard to do a motorsport movie, you get an enjoyable product like 'Rush' which I think has better actors, quality acting, plot. They'll still be some Hollywood creative licence injected into it but for the most part the movie is faithful towards character development historical accuracy and realism.

Fast & Furious is the driving movie equivalent of Transformers. Not exactly Oscar material. You will never hear Vin Diesel or the director of any F&F going up on stage saying "I like to thank the Academy for this award." At least Rush was nominated even if it did not win.
as much as the FF7 were filled with explosive action scenes, which made it worth the watch, It just isn't as Fast & Furious as it should have been. Rather, the FF series has become more Family & Friends.

I think future FF series need to refocus on the car & driving scenes. Like some of the good classic movies with memorable, realistic driving / car scenes such as Thunderbolt, Taxi or even Ronin.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
as much as the FF7 were filled with explosive action scenes, which made it worth the watch, It just isn't as Fast & Furious as it should have been. Rather, the FF series has become more Family & Friends.

I think future FF series need to refocus on the car & driving scenes. Like some of the good classic movies with memorable, realistic driving / car scenes such as Thunderbolt, Taxi or even Ronin.
You mean Jacky Chan's Thunderbolt? That movie was all fine until the last race which was so obviously speed up that it looked quite ridiculous as well. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yup, Ronin was really good.....:driver:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
You mean Jacky Chan's Thunderbolt? That movie was all fine until the last race which was so obviously speed up that it looked quite ridiculous as well. :biggrin:
Maybe it's because the movie was made back when people were more easily amused, or because it involved Batu 3 or it could be Evo and GTR that got people hooked. I was quite impressed 20 years ago to be honest

Yup, Ronin was really good.....:driver:
The M5 chase scene was pretty cool

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe it's because the movie was made back when people were more easily amused, or because it involved Batu 3 or it could be Evo and GTR that got people hooked. I was quite impressed 20 years ago to be honest

The M5 chase scene was pretty cool
I like the Thunderbolt also except for the last race, coz the frame rate was too much speed up until so noticeable. Everything else up to that point was fine.

Ronin used M5 meh? I thought was a regular E39.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
but thunderbolt was nice....always watching that because to refresh the memory of batu3....i dont think any other movie have scene from that track anyway....

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
The movie 'Rush' was mostly (substantially) true which is all the more remarkable because both James Hunt and Niki Lauda were larger than life. To Ron Howard's credit he didn't stray to far off the historical plot. Most Hollywood directors nowadays don't have the courage to adhere to authenticity, preferring instead of rehashing the same tired old action plots that the average braindead moviegoers prefer.

Kinda of like Bollywood movies. You see one, you see them all..

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

I don't know about Thunderbolt. I always thought Jacky Chan was a lousy actor.

You did mention two films that have realistic driving sequences. Ronin was excellent as was Taxi. Even if the latter was a slapstick comedy, the driving was certainly real.

I can put to that list the following :-

Bullitt (car chase scene)
Grand Prix (with James Garner...probably the best motorsport movie ever made)
Le Mans (with Steve McQueen)
Winning (with Paul Newman)
The French Connection (car chase scene with Gene Hackman)

It notable that all the leading men in that list were accomplished drivers/racers in real life. McQueen, Garner did their own driving and stunts at racing speeds in those movies . Newman, for example, owned racing teams and successfully competed himself even right up to his seventies.

To be honest, they don't make movies like these anymore. Compared to the list above, the car sequences in F&F, (even the first one) was just garbage.

Last edited:

duhill

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
"Like some of the good classic movies with memorable, realistic driving / car scenes such as Thunderbolt, Taxi or even Ronin."

Also the 1969 Italian Job!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i got some Q...i need to know what's the different with 4G92 mivec n 4G93T!i need some info pls ^_^
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience