Experiment and DIY on Oxidized Headlamp Fix

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The passenger side started to oxidized a little bit. This car is being exposed to the sun everyday. And no extra protection is applied
That day I did my friend's headlamp also passenger side degrade first....:confused:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I got a chance to try spar urethane method on a pair of crystal headlamps this time. I did it to my friend's mira kancil a year plus ago, but the lamps were not crystal type.

1. This is how it looks like before restoring.

2. Cracks

3. Dry sanded with 400 grit, then wet sand 800, then 1500, and finished with 2000

4. Apply the magic mixture and tadah ~

5. 50-50 on the other side for comparison

The coating could easily last more than 8 - 12 months

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Have you improved on the method of application?
Well a little bit I would say. Coz this time I dip a larger surface area and applied. Also I mixed the spar 40-60 with spirits. The result is a more diluted spar and easier to apply. I really gotta try with blue shop towel.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Public service announcements has always been trying to increase the awareness of road safety to the road users, and the one that keeps repeating the most is always about putting on the seatbelts. Although it only requires less than 5 seconds for one to put on, it will keep one safe and secure in an event of a traffic mishap. And this applies to not only the driver, but to the passengers as well...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience