Evo Clutch Slipping

[email protected]

Known Member
Mar 1, 2009
Hi really need some help here... recently had a clutch change on an evo 8 mr, its been about 1000km since the change and the clutch is slipping again already, the other day when i got in the car the pedal was jammed on the floor and i had to pick it up with my toes... since the change of the clutch it has had one launch but has not been "thrashed" about. Im really lost as to why the clutch has gone so quickly or whether it is another problem that could be the case... also since the change the clutch is making a rattling noise when the car is not accelerating (when the accelerator is let off) but as soon as there is some force accelerating the car the rattling stops... really need help here... please post here you diagnosis to the problem... thanks ZTHians

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
it happened to one of my friend. the clutch pedal fell to the floor and u need to pull it up with yr toe. its because the mech forgot to put on the clip inside yr gearbox, it act like a spring to flip back yr clutch pedal whenever u release it. i dunno what the clip called....maybe my friend came across this thread can explain to u. also slip within months after changing the clutch set.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
no cable loh...more likely clutch pump....

maybe evoZ was right....that clip holding clutch cover bearing.....and maybe come to loose...so explain why got rattling sound....

(or now your evo use ducati's slipper clutch (ducati trademark rattling sound on clutch bucket) huhuhuh

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
ive experienced dis sir, after changing to super single racing clutch set. the rod dats pushing the whole clutching system broke off (lol) and we had to engage clutch dog-box-style. kinda funny thinking about it..

so, ur problem is, u can still engage the clutch, but it stuck down there, kinda not resetting to its original position eh? evoZ, isnt the clip used to hold the clutch bearing in place jer ker? the resetter spring shud be on the pedal itself, no? i have to hear the rattle myself to determine the cause, its a guessing game if told here sir

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sorry if i repost it. I tried to search but cant find it.

Anyone actually tried it yet?
well I just found it out from this Motor Trader Magazine 17th-23rd August 2006 Issue 295
Page156 ...advertisment is at the corner (south-east)

It stated like this ,
SAVE FUEL running more 20km-60km per tank, 30days money back guarantee
RM98.00
call XXX-XXXXXXX
location KL

I just want to check if anyone use it yet???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience