Evans Water-free Coolant

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Lubeguard kool and Engine Ice is like Permacools premix. These are already premixed coolants from what I can make out in the website. Meaning they are glycol based products mixed with water. Engine Ice is Propylene glycol mixed, Permacool is ethylene glycol mixed, Evans has is both propylene glycol and ethylene glycol but oil based somehow. Not sure.

Glycols generally are good conductors of heat but are flammable. So not sure how that works for us as a coolant.

Evans has a distributor in KL, forgot the name. Need to dig out the name card I took the other day.

Not exactly, they sell in 4L bottles, since each bottle is RM300 then yes. But it's not per top-up. However if installed correctly, there shouldn't be any need to topup if there's no catastrophic failure in the engine head gasket or hoses.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

in its pure form it is I think. premixed it isn't but it still will break down due to the water combination, hence the need to change radiator water every now and then.
Yup, Kool It is additive to water or water with other coolant.

Danz did mention water pump failure....lol

Wonder why new car coolant can last or maybe old car engine block already rusty. VR with Toyota LLC will break down and need flush in 2 years. Chery original now 5 years still nice and clean...:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
New car coolant can last because no corrosion or breakdown of coolant inside the system. If diligent and change every x amount of KM / years, then it'll never have issues I personally think.

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

After thinking about this a while, I've decided the following :

1. Radiators and hoses are inexpensive. My old car radiator brand new was less than 300 to buy. New hoses 30-40 each.
2. Coolant is cheap to buy. So is distilled water.

So no matter how I calculate I cannot justify the cost for a waterless system (600). So my conclusion is unless someone is sponsoring me to do the test for them, I'll never spend a cent on this system.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
New car coolant can last because no corrosion or breakdown of coolant inside the system. If diligent and change every x amount of KM / years, then it'll never have issues I personally think.

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

After thinking about this a while, I've decided the following :

1. Radiators and hoses are inexpensive. My old car radiator brand new was less than 300 to buy. New hoses 30-40 each.
2. Coolant is cheap to buy. So is distilled water.

So no matter how I calculate I cannot justify the cost for a waterless system (600). So my conclusion is unless someone is sponsoring me to do the test for them, I'll never spend a cent on this system.
As per your first paragraph, looks likely it is more worth the change to Evans when car is new. If engine block already rusting, might just contaminant the Evans, and may not last....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I plan to purchase a winch for my 2012 Jeep Wrangler. Anybody care to share their experience with Warn Winch? They are currently on sale and I am really tempted to place an order. Please help.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience