engine number problem

panaroL

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hi peeps,

I bought a second hand Wira in 2007. All the documentation, bank loan, puspakom and jpj issues were done by the owner, and was handed over to me. Earlier this year I sold off the Wira to a used car dealer. He recently called me up saying that the car engine number have problem after he sent for inspection.

How is this possible? And how can I solve this problem? Should i do a police report and show both the 2007 and 2011 inspection results?

Help!!

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hi peeps,

I bought a second hand Wira in 2007. All the documentation, bank loan, puspakom and jpj issues were done by the owner, and was handed over to me. Earlier this year I sold off the Wira to a used car dealer. He recently called me up saying that the car engine number have problem after he sent for inspection.

How is this possible? And how can I solve this problem? Should i do a police report and show both the 2007 and 2011 inspection results?

Help!!
what exactly is the problem is it because it is punched to another no???

panaroL

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
yep. da car dealer said da engine number was punched to another no; or dats wat i understand from him. so cannot tukar nama. never usik da engine since i owned it. cud it be dat da previous owner kawtim wtih da inspection officer?

Fakri Bahri

From Facebook
May 8, 2011
www.facebook.com
any advice on wat i shud do then? is it possible to trace back da officer who did da inspection back then? options in my mind:
1. change da car engine - $$ expensive - not willing to part with few more k's
2. kawtim again (??)
3. police report - then what?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
punching a different serial number onto a block is forgery, i wud think dat they have blacklisted the number by now? plus, there is nuthing much u can do now sir, even if the culprits are caught, u still have to change the block jugek

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
honestly your cheapest option is just change to an engine the JPJ will approve this whole kawtim business will keep coming back to haunt you at roadblocks and so on you will keep having to kau tim until you realised for the all the money you have paid you could have just changed engines earlier and avoided all the kautim fee

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

punching a different serial number onto a block is forgery, i wud think dat they have blacklisted the number by now? plus, there is nuthing much u can do now sir, even if the culprits are caught, u still have to change the block jugek
yeah actually thats true also regardless who did the forgery the ultimatum is that the block must be changed in order to pass inspection so that you can sell the car

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
the cheapest way is to buy an engine 'block' .. put it in.. & endorse it..

i hate to say this but u r the victim of forgery.. this is the only way to solve ur problem..

Gudluck :burnout:

like this

Last edited:

panaroL

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
thanks peeps for helping me clear my head on what to do. faken corrupt officials!! :mad:

next step is to find an enjin kosong and plonk it in with the current engine's stuff. den go endorse it. should be able to nego2 with da 2nd hand car dealer to split the labor and engine costs.

maybe lesson learnt here is to do the checks yourself/together with the agent/runner to ensure nothing goes 'under the table'.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
ask runner kawtim

the engine number now is same wit registration number or different?

if the engine number is same wit registration card and u never touched d engine, bring ur 07 report n go puspakom talk to them....ask them why las time passed, now failed....

sometimes this puspakom fella is just noob

my rexton bought new from ssyangyong showroom n was sold few months back, the puspakom fella also said my chassis number got problem....i straight away drive d car back to ssyangyong n fuck them up coz puspakom said their car chassis is failed....

and now passed edi without doing anything to the chassis..

puspakom noob

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
yep. da car dealer said da engine number was punched to another no; or dats wat i understand from him. so cannot tukar nama. never usik da engine since i owned it. cud it be dat da previous owner kawtim wtih da inspection officer?
are u sure the car dealer doesn't punch the number themselves?

these type of problem only 1 party is lying.. u need to identify which 1..

do a police report 1st.. protect urself..

:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum but I've seen a lot of great stuff going on here especially in the DIY sections. Truly Malaysia Boleh SPIRIT!!!

I've been wanting to install a engine start button for my car (for the cool factor ). Sorry in advance as I know that this DIY has been done on this DIY section before. I'm adding pictures to my post thru the process of installing the start button.

Here it goes...

1. Engine Start Button...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience