Easy Steps to care for our baby's eye and prevention of Cataracts in just 10 - 15mins

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Well, another Simple DIY tryout from me. A lot of us, if we really care for our car's outlook or
how clean is our car. We are extra particular when it comes to perfection of our car. Can't stand the
sight of our car covered with dust or being dirty kind of feeling. Is just naturally in our blood.

Which is why some would say we love our cars more than our wife or we spend more money on cars more than spending on our wife? Well, kinda more to wife nowadays no matter how much we spend our money on cars.

Okay enough being off topic :rofl:

So, we can see lots of cars on the road, some headlamps are real bad. So bad that we can't even see through the headlamps with such thick oxidation. Is like the car is having some kind of cataract...:banghead: Well those are people's car, we only feel the pain for the unfortunate car to be neglected on till that condition.

What about ours? :smile:

Back to what I'm trying to show here. I have tried other products before on Headlamps Restoration
or oxidation remover. After a month it came back, so back on try and error. Bought another
one but this one comes with extra Headlamp Protector.

So, here are some photos before Headlamp Polish.

BEFORE HEADLAMP POLISH

Left Headlamp -

Maybe my car need a new pair of eyes? :hmmmm: Not that serious yet I guess...

Right Headlamp -

Can see some oxidation, but not clear enough to see due to not enough light during a gloomy evening...also using my phone camera once again. Hope is clear enough for everyone...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEFORE HEADLAMP POLISH with Lights On

Left Headlamp

Right Headlamp

Now we are having a clearer photo of why My Baby is having blurred vision, her eyes are oxidized or infected due to our weather...time to wash her eyes...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER POLISH With Headlamp Polish

Looks Good? Yeah, for a simple DIY, it does look good enough. :smile:

Let's Have a look at how it looks like with the lights on to have a better look at the results.

AFTER HEADLAMP POLISH with Lights On

Overall looks good, but can see some dots on the headlamp but most important of all, it manage
to remove the yellowish oxidation layer on my headlamps.

After that, according to the instructions, to apply a layer of Headlamp Protector. Is in
liquid form just to apply evenly on the surface.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER HEADLAMP PROTECTOR APPLICATION

After applying, realised is the clearness of the headlamp is slightly reduce, but after it drys, seems
got a thin layer on the headlamp. Still, satisfy with the results.

Okay let's do a BEFORE and AFTER Comparison for a better view on the results of this product.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEFORE & AFTER

Comparison 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparison 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparison 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparison 4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER HEADLAMP PROTECTOR - BEFORE&AFTER

Comparison 1

Slightly blurred, due to one layer of protection coat? Maybe :smile:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparison 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparison 3

As we can see, after Headlamp Protector applied, without lights on we can see some differences...and not that much of a crystal look, maybe due to one layer of protection. But when we turn on the lights to do some comparison, is just almost the same and to say not much of a difference.

PRODUCTS USED:

• GetF1 Headlamp Polisher
  • GetF1 Cloth (Provided)
  • GetF1 Headlamp Protector
  • GetF1 Sponge (Provided)

TOTAL COST: RM17.90

TIME USED: 10 Mins (not including time used in taking photos) :rofl:

There are lots of products out there for headlamp Polisher, just a matter of try and error if u like.
if not, just look for something that someone had tried and it works.

Note that this way are just for minor oxidation. Serious Oxidation will need some real polish with
rotary and some sanding to be done by professionals.

Is one of the good way to prevent serious oxidation or at least enhance the lifespan of your headlamps.

Sanding off and Polishing your headlamps may restore back to its brand new look, but bear in mind that there is only a number of times you can do that before the thickness of your headlamp become thinner and I cant guarantee if it will crack if any small stones hit against your headlamp after number of times sanding down and polish.

Happy DIY-ing guys. Just a simple way to care for our headlamps. Any further advice or suggestions are always welcome. Sharing is just Caring for others. We work together to find the best solution.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: IF You Intend to take photos with lights on, please do not take too long in taking photos, headlamp are suppose to be in Cool Condition and to be done in shaded area as per the instructions on how and when is suitable to get the job done. Headlamps have to be cool.*

Thanks for reading...:adore:

Last edited:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Re: Easy Steps to care for our baby's eye and prevention of Cataracts in just 10 - 15

Nice test there...and the result is not too bad. Or should I say exellent since it's an OTC product.

All my previous cars' headlamps are glass, but my current one are plastics. Been washing and waxing (spray wax) as regularly as I would do to normal paint. Have seen one of my club members' car of *almost* the same age showing signs of yellowing. Mine is still clear (except for some chips and bruises of course). Hopefully my routine would keep the plastics last longer, that is until I can get hold of myself a good quality coating for plastic or clear films (been eyeing VentureShield for a long while now)....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Re: Easy Steps to care for our baby's eye and prevention of Cataracts in just 10 - 15

Nice test there...and the result is not too bad. Or should I say exellent since it's an OTC product.

All my previous cars' headlamps are glass, but my current one are plastics. Been washing and waxing (spray wax) as regularly as I would do to normal paint. Have seen one of my club members' car of *almost* the same age showing signs of yellowing. Mine is still clear (except for some chips and bruises of course). Hopefully my routine would keep the plastics last longer, that is until I can get hold of myself a good quality coating for plastic or clear films (been eyeing VentureShield for a long while now)....
Thanks bro! Yup, OTC I'm guessing u meant Off The Shelf Products? For something cost less than RM20, will see how long it will last. Results was good but got to see how long it will last :smile:

I think modern ones nowadays are more on plastics if not mistaken.

Bro, that's very good care you did for your headlamps there..still clear. Some chips on mine is common as well for a 7 years old car. A lot of others on the road same model as mine, is totally oxidized so bad.

Ya, I heard after polishing your headlamp, coating is one of the way to protect the headlamp. Suggest not to do any films/tinting on headlamps. According to a detailien, from what he tried last time, the lights that shone out of the headlamps seems distorted and it was not as bright as before.

Best of all, after peeling off the tint, the glue are all on the headlamps. So, it seems the films/tint does not protect our headlamp effectively. I think I'll still go for coating but aint cheap. RM200+
for coating alone...

RM80 for headlamps polish.

Anyway, just glad that I can share what i did there. :smile:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008

Of course that is exspected, especially using cheaper PPF. That's why I have my eyes on VentureShield. I have some Scotchprint on my car's paint and so far no issues with adhesive residue after removal, even after a year++. Well...I guess you'd get what you pay for....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Of course that is exspected, especially using cheaper PPF. That's why I have my eyes on VentureShield. I have some Scotchprint on my car's paint and so far no issues with adhesive residue after removal, even after a year++. Well...I guess you'd get what you pay for....
Thanks for sharing bro, will read up a bit about this VentureShield, or if u already tried in near future, do share with us the outcome bro :top:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Nice try dude! Now lets see how long does it last. If it can last for more than 6 months, then its a good bang for buck!

I have had polished (using B&D ROB with wool bonnet, with a cheap RM9.50 headlamp polisher) on an my friend's altis before. Well the headlamps has some minor cracks due to oxidation. I only managed to reduce the yellowish I think by 70-80% only. It made a hell a lot of difference. However, it did not last long. 2months had passed and the lamp has deteriorate I think 50% already. Btw, I dint apply any sealant / protection that time. I was still very noob haha

I will get his car to try the spar urethane method soon. From one of my post in DIY section, I managed to restore a Mira headlamp almost 95% new. But it is not a crystal headlamp. So this time might wana try on crystal headlamp and see how it goes keke...I restored an iswara crystal headlamp with spar urethane method but I dint sand it. I polished with autosol, then used clay bar to remove the wax (its just my bet coz I couldn't find IPA dat time), then apply the spar urethane sealant. The headlamp looks wonderful up until now without any sign of deterioration. But it has been a month only. Will wait longer and keep on monitoring.

I'm not advertising ya...just wana share some method that MIGHT work. Would really love to explore products together coz one person alone is gonna be damn costly lol

Last edited:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008

cvkit17, you use spar urethene in spray can or mix one yourself and shoot with HVLP? Interesting though. Spar urethene on Iswara headlamps. I tot they're glass. Or is the glass for headlamps termed as crystals?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

cvkit17, you use spar urethene in spray can or mix one yourself and shoot with HVLP? Interesting though. Spar urethene on Iswara headlamps. I tot they're glass. Or is the glass for headlamps termed as crystals?
There's this spray type spar urethane but it is uncommon in Malaysia. I mixed the spar with mineral spirits to make it thinner and more transparent. Just mixed them in a cup, then apply with a lint free rag or towel. Just have to make sure to smooth the application out if not when it dries, some slightly visible lines would appear, if we try to notice. But by using spar, we must provide enough grip, just like paint.

The special edition iswara, sry I don't knw what's the code name, a model before lmst, silver colour that one. The headlamp is plastic. The older models are glass. That model onwards, the headlamp is clear type, which I termed it as crystals in my previous post.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Nice try dude! Now lets see how long does it last. If it can last for more than 6 months, then its a good bang for buck!

I have had polished (using B&D ROB with wool bonnet, with a cheap RM9.50 headlamp polisher) on an my friend's altis before. Well the headlamps has some minor cracks due to oxidation. I only managed to reduce the yellowish I think by 70-80% only. It made a hell a lot of difference. However, it did not last long. 2months had passed and the lamp has deteriorate I think 50% already. Btw, I dint apply any sealant / protection that time. I was still very noob haha

I will get his car to try the spar urethane method soon. From one of my post in DIY section, I managed to restore a Mira headlamp almost 95% new. But it is not a crystal headlamp. So this time might wana try on crystal headlamp and see how it goes keke...I restored an iswara crystal headlamp with spar urethane method but I dint sand it. I polished with autosol, then used clay bar to remove the wax (its just my bet coz I couldn't find IPA dat time), then apply the spar urethane sealant. The headlamp looks wonderful up until now without any sign of deterioration. But it has been a month only. Will wait longer and keep on monitoring.

I'm not advertising ya...just wana share some method that MIGHT work. Would really love to explore products together coz one person alone is gonna be damn costly lol
Wow...Autosol? I thought can only use on metals haha! But then, anything goes as long as it works and safe for our assets, ya cars to guys are more like an asset instead :rofl:

Modern cars, if not wrong, most of the headlamps are plastic?

Ya, I can't be trying alone then posting all the products I tried, Is gonna be such a big investment
and later my house will need a space to store all the not working products :rofl:

I try not to sand and polish them with rotarys yet, dont wanna go to that stage yet
but for a 7 years old car, I think consider mine as very good if compare with other same model
cars...There are some cracks visible, but then still acceptable..:listen:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Wow...Autosol? I thought can only use on metals haha! But then, anything goes as long as it works and safe for our assets, ya cars to guys are more like an asset instead :rofl:

Modern cars, if not wrong, most of the headlamps are plastic?

Ya, I can't be trying alone then posting all the products I tried, Is gonna be such a big investment
and later my house will need a space to store all the not working products :rofl:

I try not to sand and polish them with rotarys yet, dont wanna go to that stage yet
but for a 7 years old car, I think consider mine as very good if compare with other same model
cars...There are some cracks visible, but then still acceptable..:listen:
I tried autosol thanks to inspiration from Izso with his DIY and experiment haha...he mentioned that the autosol resulted in rough surface, and some very micro scratches, just what I need at least to let the spar urethane bite. Once spar is applied, the surface becomes smooth.

I think all modern cars headlamps are plastic coz it is easier to mold. Only square or round headlamps from the past are glass. Actually there's one more thing I would like to try..using bosch rob to polish the headlamps, with wool pad, at the highest speed. Coz the speed of that thing is 12k rpm, quite high and it might, might only, work.:confused:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008

Actually there's one more thing I would like to try..using bosch rob to polish the headlamps, with wool pad, at the highest speed. Coz the speed of that thing is 12k rpm, quite high and it might, might only, work.:confused:
Done that...doesn't work....:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

I tried autosol thanks to inspiration from Izso with his DIY and experiment haha...he mentioned that the autosol resulted in rough surface, and some very micro scratches, just what I need at least to let the spar urethane bite. Once spar is applied, the surface becomes smooth.

I think all modern cars headlamps are plastic coz it is easier to mold. Only square or round headlamps from the past are glass. Actually there's one more thing I would like to try..using bosch rob to polish the headlamps, with wool pad, at the highest speed. Coz the speed of that thing is 12k rpm, quite high and it might, might only, work.:confused:
So after autosol, u got to use spar uretrane? where to get that spar uretrane thing?
After applying autosol and it became rough?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Done that...doesn't work....:smokin:
Haha this is why two is better than one. I guess an electric drill is even better than using rob huh

So after autosol, u got to use spar uretrane? where to get that spar uretrane thing?
After applying autosol and it became rough?
Ya the surface is somewhat rougher than of using head lamp polisher. I think it is because autosol is more abrasive. Actually the method i saw from other forums is that they only wet sand the lamp until 2000-3000grit then clean it,remove all oily residue, then apply spar. The spar will fill up the gaps, in this case the scratches, caused by sanding. U can get spar urethane from ace hardware but it is not cheap. Rm100 for a liter. If u wana try,I got plenty of them keke..can share no problem.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Haha this is why two is better than one. I guess an electric drill is even better than using rob huh

Ya the surface is somewhat rougher than of using head lamp polisher. I think it is because autosol is more abrasive. Actually the method i saw from other forums is that they only wet sand the lamp until 2000-3000grit then clean it,remove all oily residue, then apply spar. The spar will fill up the gaps, in this case the scratches, caused by sanding. U can get spar urethane from ace hardware but it is not cheap. Rm100 for a liter. If u wana try,I got plenty of them keke..can share no problem.
I think will only try when we DIT, need someone experience before and done that before...if not later my headlamp end up changing new ones :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Where can i buy bling bling wheels such as Giovanna, d'vinci, etc... in Malaysia?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience