DVVT system cat con delete

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

DerrickEe

Known Member
Hi guys I'm currently driving a Viva 850cc MT (DVVT). I would like to ask you sifus out there about cat con delete. Yes i've seen many other posts about cat con delete in their cars, but not from any Perodua cars yet. Can any of you guys explain the pros and cons of cat con delete in my Viva? I'm just using an aftermarket muffler, thats all. All answers from you guys are greatly appreciated.

Ps,I'm still very new in car modifications :)

Hi guys I'm currently driving a Viva 850cc MT (DVVT). I would like to ask you sifus out there about cat con delete. Yes i've seen many other posts about cat con delete in their cars, but not from any Perodua cars yet. Can any of you guys explain the pros and cons of cat con delete in my Viva? I'm just using an aftermarket muffler, thats all. All answers from you guys are greatly appreciated.

Ps,I'm still very new in car modifications :)

pros:
- more (quicker) throttle response

cons:
- exhaust sounds louder
- polutes the environment

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

I heard that the FC will increase too,am I right? :rolleyes: I'm just looking for a cheap modification for my car, since I'm a college student and budget is my problem right now :S:

FC, not so much. FC is more directly related to your right foot. But maybe you'll press more cuz there would be a louder sound after the cat is gone

pros:
- more (quicker) throttle response

cons:
- exhaust sounds louder
- polutes the environment

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

FC, not so much. FC is more directly related to your right foot. But maybe you'll press more cuz there would be a louder sound after the cat is gone

First of all, a big thank you to your reply :top: A few of my friends driving Vivas also have slow throttle response,so I guess I will consider removing cat con :) hahaha I think I consider myself quite heavy-footed :rofl:

Pros:
1. Better response of accelerate, smoother ride.

Cons:
1. Remove the cat con you might facing some tin knocking sound while you accelerate.

2. You have to take off the original heatshield when you changing to aftermarket extractor, it might causes engine bay temperature increase.

:smile:
if FC is your main concern, my suggest is dun mod the car. stays stock is the best

Hi bro thanks for your reply first of all. Actually not really, power is one of my concern too. I know it never exists, good power and good FC, but it seems like removing cat con can help me with what I'm looking for, isnt it? Do correct me if I'm wrong ya, I still got lots to learn :smile:

Pros:
1. Better response of accelerate, smoother ride.

Cons:
1. Remove the cat con you might facing some tin knocking sound while you accelerate.

2. You have to take off the original heatshield when you changing to aftermarket extractor, it might causes engine bay temperature increase.

I see I see, the pros have already enlightened me alot,because my car has a weak acceleration. I wont be changing the extractor like what brother huakenny said, as its advisable to keep it as stock as possible. I'll just go for cat con delete :)

I see I see, the pros have already enlightened me alot,because my car has a weak acceleration. I wont be changing the extractor like what brother huakenny said, as its advisable to keep it as stock as possible. I'll just go for cat con delete :)[/QUOTE]

I think viva OEM extractor same as myvi one. The cat con come together with the OEM extractor hence, you are not able to cut off the cat con and use back the OEM extractor. The only way your exhaust system without cat con is aftermarket extractor.

I see I see, the pros have already enlightened me alot,because my car has a weak acceleration. I wont be changing the extractor like what brother huakenny said, as its advisable to keep it as stock as possible. I'll just go for cat con delete :)

I think viva OEM extractor same as myvi one. The cat con come together with the OEM extractor hence, you are not able to cut off the cat con and use back the OEM extractor. The only way your exhaust system without cat con is aftermarket extractor.[/QUOTE]

Yes its true that the cat con is together with the extractor,but isn't it possible to cut off the cat con and weld back a piping to the extractor in place? :S

Last edited:
i haf a removed catcon manifold if u're interested.
if u find it not up to par, u can always switch back to ori.this mod if u do on your ori manifold is irreversible.
i've tried it and now the manifold is lying around in the store room i guess since i change to full exhaust system.

cost of operating the manifold is rm50 and another rm50 for removal and install the manifold back.
if u can find anyone wanna do it.

I see, your manifold is for your Viva too? Means your cut off your original manifold too? Yeap I'm interested to get it from you, if you can offer me a good price :rolleyes:

yes, i also haf a viva now.
for me this upgrade is kinda good with the right set up.
i did it bcoz i was driving an auto and wanna keep the warranty.
so after warranty finish my hands already itchy for a whole exhaust setup...

dun remove cat con laaaa....cant make you outrun many cars, but will make all of us die earlier, the earth die earlier, the animals die earlier

No I think what he meant is,the cat con is attached to the extractor. I'm not sure abput Myvi's extractor,but Viva's cat con is attached to the extractor..

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Viva and Myvi extractors are not the same design, one is 3 cylinder (12V) and the other one is 4 cylinder (16V) car.

No bro,I think what he meant was, the cat con is connected to the extractor, just like the one in Myvi :smile:

Top Bottom