Does sound-proofing for cars really work?

DOHC

Mar 26, 2007
Share your experience for those who have done it..

How do you feel?

sebastianloeb

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
Ya. Me also wondering.. Those who already install it pls report. After 3 years rallying, my kelisa now feel like no doors at all!! noisie like in the middle of warzone. The engine and the wind noise especially.

Last edited:

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
I'm not sure of aftermarket sound-proofing products but I suspect they work as well. Last time I totally stripped the sound-proofing materials and carpets from the car internals.....the external noise increased tremendously.

Then I sent the car for a respray and put back the materials and re-carpeted the car. I could hear the difference. So as long as there is materials covering the chassis and so on, I'm sure the sound deadening works.

Just my 2 sens...:_:

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
Yes, sound deadening works. But only to a certain extent. Don't expect a Wira to achieve the sound deadening level of a Lexus.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Yup.. as dlegend mention..
It really work well as my fren Wira is using it and u will feel u ar not sitting Wira whn u close the door (sounds solid)..but quite expensive..hehe..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
my fren's wira n kenari stick one layer bitumen type soundproof to the door...then the outer layer with superlon.

it will be quiter than before...

firewall oso stick superlon.

fender area...absorber there wit bitumen n superlon

we DIY ourselves during weekend..it takes longer time to do it if really wan a good result....

hv to dismantle interior seats...carpets as well...etc

:_:

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I'm very tempted to get my car sound proof too. Too much windnoise and sometimes engine noise if i rev too hard.

Thing is, Dynamat Extreme is really expensive. If not mistaken, Dynamat Extreme may cost up to RM 2000 for the whole car as in doors, boots, carpet, roof. I've checked a cheaper alternative, Raamat and that also cost about RM 1200 for complete car. Not sure about the quality though.

Those who sound proof the car with Dynamat, how much you guys did it?

blitzs360

Known Member
Jan 18, 2007
dynamat is expensive. just use bitumen strip sold at hardware shop, its so so much cheaper. but the thing is u must know where to put those insulations so u can reduce the noise greatly.

the new toyota camry has rubber spacing on the top and bottom of the spring. but i think this we cant diy mah.

Last edited by a moderator:

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
im using dynamat whole car in my evo 7.. and its help a lot really really help.. first is the sound it make the car very queit inside.. and 1 more is the car weight... try travelling around 200 go pass a bus beside.. with soundproof.. the car will stick and wont move much .. if don have.. it swing a lot ... this wont feel much on car... onli on mpv.. bcoz they are big and holo... 1 more advantage.. is this sound proof bounch back the sound... so if u like audio and always blast in ur car.. this is also one of the important thing... it help really help

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Just a comment .. You pay for what you get.

Dynamat Extreme is good stuff but it's fucking expensive that even I can't afford.

You wanna use superlon, don't expect much altho it helps A LITTLE BIT at the cost of some extra weight.

If you have little budget don't waste ur time on soundproofing if u only gonna budget soundproof it won't help. Wanna do it do it all .. then can feel.

P

prolog

Dynamat Extreme is "extremely" overrated

I did some research online
There are many cheaper products out there, as good or even better..

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
ya....guys you all should try cheaper products like SuperLon and stuff...bought and used on my Toyota LE...I stick on the door panels and engine compartment and it has make quite a difference compared to original 1 piece wood door panel:_: :_: ....total cost was less than RM150 but it did alot of difference...Next i think i gonna superlon the floors and boot...for beter effect.....:_: :_:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All ZTHian,

I am terrible disturbed this morning when i woke up and on my way to work, just to find out that my car is unusually high than usual....it made me want to faint when i saw all my Yokohamas rubber gone!!! together with TE-37 (akthough its a cheapo replicas but hey, car need rims and tires to move!!!)....

It made me even sicker when i turn on my left side just to see my sister in law standard Gen2 rims and tyres also all gone....

Beware and please be more careful guys...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience