Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Hi Levin...
You missing a resistor for O2 function.
Original P27 do not support it.
pM for answer.....
Tq....

P/s too many copycat here that post copied info and pictures direct to their blogs!!!
TQVM! Just check an ori P27 ECU and found that no O2 support components there... So have to recall back the ECU for modification! Tks man!
The moment you start this topic, you can't stop the copy cat... unless you limit the information sharing to the ppl that you know only.
IMO, some information is too dangerous to share. For eg, if a DIY enthusiasm successfully repair their ECU according to your info, that is fine. But if he failed, he may drove his car to the drain... :biggrin: So for critical item like ECU, information sharing got to be very careful.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Please diy at own risk!!!
Service can be provided if you value ur car.... :-)

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
The the chance to mount the newest version of Hondata 300 V2 on a P28 ecu.
Here are the pictures..... It is a RED Hondata brd.

Attachments

Jun 11, 2012
Finland
Hi,

Hello to everyone, first post :wavey:

Would like to have some help from E-Tech with this ecu I have got, it has solid cel.
But to replace the ordinary parts which brake down, this ecu seems to have some parts desoldered, maybe that is the problem. I`ll put some pics here.
Thanks for any help!!!

Jul 28, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Car: Honda Civic EF
Engine: Carb to D15B vtec
ECU: P08 JDM rechipped box and P08 JDM stock box
Wirings: Okay except that i recently discovererd that the car has no main relay - Fuel Pump is directly connected to the ignition switch/key

Car is running fine. No CEL or whatsoever. Recently, I borrowed my friends Rechipped/Programmable ECU to test the CROME's launch control feature in my car. I just plugged in my friend's ECU and viola! my car runs aggressively and the launch is soooo cool!

Here's the bad thing happened, after the test, my friend plugged in the Programmable P08 back to his car and suddenly his car wont start! :( :O my friend borrowed my Stock P08 ECU and then tested it in his car, same scenario happened, his car also did not start! :( we borrowed a stock ECU from another friend and my friend's car started and ran fine. I think both ECUs are now broken. (my stock p08 and the programmable p08 ecu of my friend) :(

Troubleshooting1: (friends car): Using the recently working Programmable P08 and my Stock P08 box
- No CEL
- ECU startup ok (check engine turns on then off)
- The main relay is not clicking
- The fuel pump is not priming (checked the fuel rail no gas)
- Checked the iginition (there is spark in the plugs - distributor)
- Car won't start

Troubleshooting2: (friends car): another p08 ECU from another car
- No issues
- Car runs fine.

Another test: My friend's programmable P08 ECU and the stock P08 ECU when plugged in my car is working perfectly fine. It is just that both ECUs now wont let his car start. We also tested both ECUs to other car and the same scenario happened.

Conclusion: The stock P08 ECU and the programmable P08 ecu is Broken :( It is only working in my car! and these two ECUs are not working to other normal cars.

Findings: My Civic EF has no main relay! I guess the wires are directly connected to the ignition switch. Fuel pump is bypassed :-S

Solution: Restore the wirings back to original. Install a main relay.

Now, my Big Question is: How do i fix broken ECUs, what components do i need to check and replace? When i look at the programmable p08 box of my friend, i cannot see a trace that is broken or a component that is damaged. I need to fix my friend's ECU. Please help. :adore:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
definately your previous wiring has caused the component related to original fuel pump to blow...
ur car it directly wired to fuel pump and always on even if engine not running...tat is dangerous
you need me to fix the ecu it....let me know....

Localhost

Apr 29, 2006
hi Sifus..

Suspected got problem with my ECU.CEL code 14(Idle Valve) and 6(Coolant)and sometime with 7(TPS)with rough idle at 1500 to 2000RPM
Tried to change all 3 sensor but ECU still throwing similar CEL.
Anything need to check on the ECU.?BTW i nvr do anything on the ECU even change the Cap.ECU already more then 10 years.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
hi Sifus..

Suspected got problem with my ECU.CEL code 14(Idle Valve) and 6(Coolant)and sometime with 7(TPS)with rough idle at 1500 to 2000RPM
Tried to change all 3 sensor but ECU still throwing similar CEL.
Anything need to check on the ECU.?BTW i nvr do anything on the ECU even change the Cap.ECU already more then 10 years.
Do a simple confirmation.... go borrow a known good ecu and test and see
the results...

Localhost

Apr 29, 2006
hi E-Tech..

I'm using P30 manual B16A.Change all the caps but still have CEL 14...Idle a bit smooth now..
anything else need to check?Which IC or transistor releated to CEL 14?

Thx in advance..

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
hi E-Tech..

I'm using P30 manual B16A.Change all the caps but still have CEL 14...Idle a bit smooth now..
anything else need to check?Which IC or transistor releated to CEL 14?

Thx in advance..
Email me s good picture and I will try to help you
Out..

Localhost

Apr 29, 2006
Finally my ecu alive...1 Old civic saved...thx u so much e-tech for ur guide and help...need time and check everthing carefully ..for those havent change caps...pls do so before to late

Sep 3, 2012
los angeles
E tech i need your help. I have a 98 civic ex manual. Vtec used to work about 1 year ago and just stopped working. i did all the required tests to it and finally did the ecu test. I checked for voltage at the vtec solenoid wire and the vtec oil pressure switch wire and no voltage was produced above 5500 rpm on either. so i can confirm that the ecu is the cause. But i have no clue where to look at the ecu motherboard. I think 1c19 is a piece that controls vtec, not sure. Please let me know what to do and what to check. its a p2p a34 ecu all caps appear good. Everything else on ecu works no Cel just the vtec. also where can i find a diagram on ecu's?

Attachments

Last edited:

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
hi etech..

ecu evo2364 no cut off for aircond fan.. on ignition the fan already switched on. no burns and copper damage inside ecu.. any ideas what to check?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

my car is wira, looking for a evo3 brake set, one workshop said around 400++ with installation, yet another workshop said need around 1k... cos the brake set should include knuckle, pump and etc, and he said tat the one offer 400+ might consist only rotor and caliper, so i m not sure which one shall i go for, and i also wanna check for the price here : )

Q1. Market price of evo3 brake set only
Q2. Market price of complete evo3 front chasis + brake + knuckle

thanks for the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience