DIY engine tranplant????

mista_M

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
hi guys...

it just came across my mind to ask you all this..

would it be possible to do a engine transplant by urself without knowing around about cars..okey basically ya i did learn automotive at kolej but that went halfway..and i always spend lots of time at the workshop watching my mech converting engine..do you think its impossible for me to do the transplant if all the tools is available..

in mind was
converting a honda eg 1.5 sohc into 1.6 vtec b16a..

any comment..
tanx..

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
This is something different bro... Good Luck..!

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
I think it's possible for you or others to do the engine transplant if all the tools available..
Especially the thinggy that workshops used to hook up the engine...

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Provided u hav enuff tools n source of parts, but ur knowledge is oni up to looking at ur mechanic doin. When it comes to u urself doin it's diff story. U might face some unexpected/unknown difficulties.

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Provided u hav enuff tools n source of parts, but ur knowledge is oni up to looking at ur mechanic doin. When it comes to u urself doin it's diff story. U might face some unexpected/unknown difficulties.
Yeah bro, something that need experiences to sail through smoothly. :wavey:

mista_M

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
hrm..yupp i coudlnt agree more..
sometimes it looks like its easy but when ur doin it ur own..dt eassy is gone..but the only thing that struggles in my mind is..okey..like this americans and mostly western side..this people even tho they dont really know it but they still try to do it and they always refer tro books n stuff..thats wt made me think..

could it happen??hrmm..

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
the right tools.and help from someone with experience...will do i guess.just convert a wira evo2 at my frens house.but he's the one with experience la.wiring and so on.the skills.watching is diff from doing the thing urself.trust me.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Of coz u can but need to use a lot of time only somemore the wiring part...not as easy as u says...coz I have such experience with my Kancil when transpalnt L5 and it takes near to 1year to finish and wiring I ask my buddy to settle it...its really a good experience to learn as u wont get such experience in school...
Good Luck...

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Assuming you got all the tools, and you got lot of free time.
Its ok what. Yes, what we learn in theory not same with hands on, but it might help a bit. Keep asking sifus if got something u dont know. Then after it has been done (with lot of work, time and energy spent), you gain 2 thing. Your new engine and the important thing is Skill & Knowledge... :D

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yes it is possible... but u will bump into some unexpected problems even u have all the tools available... best if u can have a mentor or mechanic to guide u along...

good luck...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i suggest first u must get ur hands dirty everytime i step into ur mechs place , help him out , takes time to learn :D , i did learn alot, but still i know myself its nt enuff for a transplant man :D

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Erm...yeah, get ur hand dirty by minor mods 1st...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i recently visited a muffler shop in sunway and realised that i was spoilt for choice, there are just so many types of mufflers available. i already have an extractor and mid section installed (2.3) on my 1.8 putra. could someone tell me what i should be looking out for/consider before purchasing a muffler?
and what are the main differences between imported ones ($$$) and locally produced ones ($)?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience