DIY air intake kit

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
are there any DIY air intake kit out there in the market? like for some car models aftermarket performance parts are hard to find, and often custom made ones cost a lot. so are there any DIY kits out there?

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
air filter DIY? che wah la lu.....

1st filter female stocking
2nd filter male stocking
3rd filter cotto
4th......lol

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
mine also DIY.. lol.. tupperwear + sponge hahahaha.. all because of me dun wan go fabricate an adapter for my AFM, so use tupperwear lor.. melt and shape it with a nail, plier, and a cooking stove.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Serious ar rollakid? Mind taking a picture and show me? I want to learn.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
munpeng said:
Serious ar rollakid? Mind taking a picture and show me? I want to learn.
you can't really see much if i just take a pic of it from above.. and i dun wanna take it out cuz its really oily.. have to oil it to work properly ma..

but if you are not using AFM then you dun need it anyway. if you insist on a pic then i'll see when can i get hold of a camara.. din own one.. have to borrow.

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i drive a 1996 tiara..i heard that the air filter need to custom one if you want to put the aftermarket funnel type..that means the stock airbox have to throw away...

bobo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Klang Mali
aiks.. last time my satria also i throw away the stock air box mer..
u want the open port or the normal wan which u just drop in??

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i want the type got filter in front then terus sambung to the intake type..it that called open pod?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Bro. all type of air intake for NA is starting from air filter to air intake pipe then to the throttle body.

The difference is the type of air filter u use. there are 2 types of air filter open pod and panel filter.

Open pod is those like HKS Super Flow, Apexi dual funnel etc...it has the shape of a cone (K&N) or mushroom (HKS)...

Panel filter is a direct replacement filter that fits ur's original filter box. You just take out the original paper filter and replaced it with K&N, HKS, Apexi..etc..i think K&N has the widest range of panel filter...

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
ah,okay..:_: good way to start a good intake mod.

but dont go doing an air ram.no point.unless u'll be flooring all the ways and u run about 100++km/h all the time.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Its has been a while since we had a posting because we are actually in the mist of switching into another platform to showcase our work (Youtube). Anyhows, Here we have an Kia Optima K5, one of the most luxury Kia can offer to you. The owner, has had 2 cars done by me already and wanted the last car (the wife's car) to be detailed and coated as...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience