Different between 4g63 and 4g63 RVR

sf....but sg also is in similar chassis...just a little bit more than just facelift

SG is the last Forester STI with MT isn't it? After that, the newer ones are large sized SUV and mostly only in AT over here?

Yup, very loud especially uncovered air filter......:driver:

Some more there is two carbs. Even for my 4G15 when I took out the air filter and drive it, the intake sound is really loud. From far away the sound can be heard when I ask my brother to drive it near by house.

Guys, how is the maintenance between mivec and turbo engine?Which one costly and easy to maintain?

IMHO there's no ez or hard maintenance...just stick to regular servicing n all shld be good..just that for turbo slightly more attention coz of d additional parts eg. Turbine,I/cooler etc etc..

Guys, how is the maintenance between mivec and turbo engine?Which one costly and easy to maintain?

MIVEC will be cheaper due to less parts compared to turbo. Do take note that for turbo engines, the chances of engine oil leak is also higher than NA.

Stock or mod x make a whole lot of difference...both capable of frying ur beltings n rubber hoses..only slight difference is turbo runs higher temp requiring slightly extra n frequent care..eg if a na oil service is at 10k probably for turbo is at 8k..say for na timing belt at 100k for turbo maybe at 80k..for na hoses last for 5yrs then for turbo probably 2 or 3 yrs etc etc..

Stock or mod x make a whole lot of difference...both capable of frying ur beltings n rubber hoses..only slight difference is turbo runs higher temp requiring slightly extra n frequent care..eg if a na oil service is at 10k probably for turbo is at 8k..say for na timing belt at 100k for turbo maybe at 80k..for na hoses last for 5yrs then for turbo probably 2 or 3 yrs etc etc..

Since more new cars are going turbo nowadays like the FC Civic 1.5, then I suppose maintenance cost for these cars will go up as well compared to their older predecessors?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom