Different between 4g63 and 4g63 RVR

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
If you keep the 4G67 in stock form, it is rather useless isn't it? By the way, I read before about your car featured in a website. I really like the way of your sleeper styling. :adore:

I think 4G91 is a better start for him. He can probably use it as a 1.5 litre now. In future when he have more money, then he can upgrade it with 4G92 parts. Perhaps a MIVEC head is possible?
Thanks mate! Yeah I prefer to maintain the stock Wira look :biggrin:
However the spec list needs an update soon :driver:

Vincent7328

Jul 29, 2016
Selangor
may i ask what is the different between halfcut and complete set engine?
And how many weeks for the engine to transplant ans the cost for workshipman?:burnout:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
If you keep the 4G67 in stock form, it is rather useless isn't it? By the way, I read before about your car featured in a website. I really like the way of your sleeper styling. :adore:

I think 4G91 is a better start for him. He can probably use it as a 1.5 litre now. In future when he have more money, then he can upgrade it with 4G92 parts. Perhaps a MIVEC head is possible?
ouhh website mana... must go spy spy:biggrin:

*found it, nice car.... was red back then ehh?*

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
And how many weeks for the engine to transplant ans the cost for workshipman?:burnout:
Halfcut is like you get a whole car, just minus the other end of the car that is cut off and usually don't come with wheels. Dashboard and bodyparts will come along if you buy the front halfcut, sometimes the seats as well.

Complete set engine is probably like you are just getting the engine, wiring and other stuff found in engine bay I guess. Radiator may not be included? Not too sure what they give for this complete set engine.

As for time to complete the transplant, most people will say it will take like 4 weeks which is like a month. Workmanship cost I'm not sure.

ouhh website mana... must go spy spy:biggrin:

*found it, nice car.... was red back then ehh?*
Huh? What colour is it now?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Halfcut is the complete front half of the car. Not sure what you mean complete set engine? Usually they call engine lantai and that is the full engine only. Not even the gear box, so no wiring etc.
Since yours is carb and want to go Fuel injected best to get halfcut so that you have everything needed to run the fuel injected engine. Wire harness and the ecu will be the main concern...

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Well u've read d explanation about d 2.0 4g63 n unless U have a very good connection in jpj n puspakom this engine is out of d question..u also interested in turbo so d 4g63 is an old engine like vr2turbo mentioned so wiring wld be a problem aka old n brittle..u can go for d 4g67/63 option but that wld mean u need to up ur budget as it involves some extra work (if x mistaken la)..another option wld be d 'newer' 4g93 1.8 gsr which if I remember is costly to get d half cut...

If I were u I'd go for d 1.8 na aka gti engine..good n quite strong engine n plenty of mods u can do..in d future wiz another set of budget just BOT d bugger :)

frdsyash

Jun 21, 2016
Johor
10k are those from halfcut. If you just buy the engine alone without any other parts, it is probably cheaper but that will be troublesome for you because you need to source in other auxiliary parts such as radiator, wiring, gearbox and so on.

If you want a cheaper option, perhaps you can find a DOHC 4G93. Or if you want it cheaper, 1.5 litre 4G91 DOHC. It is less powerful but at least in future, you can upgrade it using 4G92 and 4G93 parts because they are from the same engine family.
Quick q, 4g92 mivec (displacement?) is better than 4g93 DOHC (displacement?) ???

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
4g92 is 1.6...4g93 is 1.8 (correct me if I'm wrong ya guys):)

Both are DOHC..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Aston Martin is launching an exciting new one-make race series for Asia. This follows the announcement of two new Aston Martin dealerships in Shanghai and Beijing.

Called the Aston Martin Asia Cup (AMAC), the series starts in 2008 and will consist of 12 races throughout the Asia Pacific region including China, Japan, Malaysia and Singapore. Each race will feature a grid of 18 Aston Martin Vantage N24s, a 4.3 litre race-developed evolution of the V8 Vantage which has been proven in endurance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience