Differences of LSD...Worth it??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Enthusiast

500 RPM
i'm currently using b16a gearbox with LSD.....dunno what LSD tho since it was installed by previous owner....
recently gearbox gonna kaput adi....very very hard to shift.....when taken out to change clutch saw that main shaft was senget....so now looking for another gearbox.

question is....is it worth it to transfer my current LSD into my new gearbox? becoz it will void warranty and cost alot of extra workmanship charges.......or is the difference not that significant so i should just ignore it and sell the LSD together with the potato gearbox??? plz help....thanx!

sell the potato gbox with the lsd or take out n sell the lsd separately n get another type r lsd gbox.

the gearbox still got value also i think can sell the synchros inside rite?

type-r mahal bang!!! might be getting a stock b16a gearbox - _ -...how much will the lsd be worth seperately?

i sell rm500 for the standard eg6/9 lsd. 2 unit already sold.
if u wanna sell at this price, PM me..
someone looking for it.

can u sell me d g.box housing?? n my fren looking 4 sum part inside too...his current g.box jump shift..engage from 3rd to 4th gear then jump back to neutral...anybody know wat happen??

hattech...
in real time driving, wat will differ type-r lsd n normal...? continues with my previous topic... will 4.7 will give better timing compare to 4.4 in 1.6...? is 4.7 plug n play to y21...?

hattech...
in real time driving, wat will differ type-r lsd n normal...? continues with my previous topic... will 4.7 will give better timing compare to 4.4 in 1.6...? is 4.7 plug n play to y21...?

not sure about different. the timing oso very subjective.
4.7 can be plug in into any b-series engine provided it comes complete with 5 items which is -

1.Ring gear
2.First gear
3.Distance collar
4.Needle bearing
5.Pinion shaft

hattech-v,
sure got lar.u sed RM5K improve 1 sec..pay RM10K lar..get 2sec improvement mah?HAHAHAHAHAH

does lsd affect 1st and 2nd gear wheel spins? common myth i've been hearing.......dunno true or not..........

woohoo new 4.4 gearbox in.....feels so good to drive my car without having to use str to push the shifter......

ok so before the pomen took out my gearbox, he tried spinning my wheel......then he realized that both wheels actually turning almost the same ratio......as in turning at almost same speed......and he say normal vtec LSD only turn 50% ratio....meaning when u turn left wheel right wheel will only turn 50%...........does that mean my LSD is an aftermarket one???

Lots of people have different opinion of LSD..

For me, it manages torque to the left and right side of the driven wheels.

It does this by allowing torque to go to the wheel with more load, by gears/clutches etc.

It's a compromise of a spool, which give 50/50 split on each side, but a spool won't allow your car to turn normally.

Different mechanism offers different torque splits to each side, but never as good as a spool.

Just say if your car is moving/accelerating.

A spool, if you lift up one tire in the air, the tire on the ground gets 100% power (since the one in the air has zero friction/grip.)

An LSD, if you lift up one tire in the air, the tire on the ground get's more torque, but not 100%, as some torque will be wasted on the wheel that's in the air. (now you know why I said 'compromise'.

Sounds complex, but in reality, it just manages the torque split to each side of the driveshaft (Torque steer can still happen, but that will be due to external factors.)

So during launching, your car is LESS LIKELY to pull to one side during high torque, high RPM launch.

But as with all FWD cars.. our driveshafts are not equal length, so expect a slight pull to one side, usually to the left, where the shaft is longer (driveshaft + intermediate shaft)

But then comes the question.. how many FWD cars you know that generate enough HP to still pull to one side with a ratchet type full lock LSD? :P

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom