Differences between NA and turbo exhaust note

kenzo

6,000 RPM
Hey guyz, im sorry if this topic been discussed or its in the wrong section, but im curious, why is the exhaust note different, is it because turbo have lower compression? or its because of the turbine blocking the high pitch sound or something? or its because of the extra fuel injected or something?
if mivec, how to make a nice exhaust note? i know by having more bullets makes it silence and bassy, but i realise stainless steel piping makes the exhaust note more preenggg sound, sorry if its wrong, thats wat i feel...
another thing is, if we BOT, would the exhaust note be the same like normal turbo engines?

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
erm, NA exhaust is quit loud and more sharp the sound which can easily be recognize, for turbo is softer more quiet and sometimes cant even hear it unless u whack in stainless steal and 3" piping and aftermarket muffler

stainless steal make the sound more sharp,compare to normal piping lor
for the sound in turbo car is the turbo is like a silencer which make it quieter and nicer to hear

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
rear mufflers alone also can bring lots of difference. the quality n condition of the muffler can determine the "niceness" of the sound.
for example, a good condition tanabe SMR will produce a very nice exhaust note, while a HKS hyper with no more fiber will sometimes create the prangg sound (but prangg in a very garang way) hehehe

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
usually...much of the noise pulse from the engine are lost during spinning up the turbine...so the noise aren't that noisy compared to NA car...

overseas, they usually get a hi flowing cat converter and just one muffler at the very end...still producing quieter sound than NA cars..

that's why NA cars need more silencer...

my not so valuable 1/2 sen :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The tire war is officially over and Pirelli has been confirmed as Formula One's sole tire supplier in 2011. The FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) confirmed the deal today.

Bridgestone announced last year that it would leave F1 at the end of 2010, throwing open the prestigious position. Pirelli has been the favourite for some time but the decision needed to be ratified by the WMSC.

"Pirelli has been selected...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience