Cyclone 2 for fuel injection cars

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
I guess all of us remember the days when Cyclone just came out in the market for the carburetor cars. For those who have not heard of Cyclone (or something similiar to it), it is actually a piece of metal shaped like a turbine fan which you would put in the carburetor of a car, inside the air filter. It has no motor whatsoever, heck it even has no bearings, remember making fans from paper and when you blew them it spinned, it is precisely like that but made of metal. It is claimed by the company that as the air is sucked through the air filter and into the carburetor, this Cyclone gadget would spin like a fan and create a vortex into the carburetor and hence improving engine performance, RPM, fuel consumption etc etc. To me, it sounded like a load of rubbish. As number one, this gadget has nothing to power it such as a motor so it would not help suck more air in. And number two, the fan might spin as claimed, but it would create resistance to the air flow and hence engine performance would drop. Lastly, how can the vortex created improved engine performance? So, even though you can create a vortex with this gadget, but when this vortex reaches the intake valves, wouldn't this vortex die off? Power from an engine comes from combustion ie basically dictated by fuel and air. Improve either of this, you increase the performance of the engine. So this fan gadget does not do anything to improve on these, so how can improve engine performance?

Just yesterday, as i was chatting with a fren, he claimed his fren, bought the new Cyclone 2 which is for fuel injection cars. And somehow it improved the performance of the engine by higher RPM performance and improve fuel consumption by as much as RM10 per tank. I am kinda skeptical and I don't like the gimmicks that these companies are coming out with such as miraculous improvement of engine performance using gadgets that serves no purpose in an engineering point of view (eg remember those strong magnets that you placed on the fuel hose?) :angry:

Any how, I am giving these products the benefit of doubt and so would like to invite anyone who has bought Cyclone 2 to share their experiences and opinions. Did it improve anything?

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
tried it b4 few years back...all i can say is, dun waste ur time n money on this kinda gadgets...

GSR_X

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
it doesnt work
ur fren said its good
cos his money spent.. he just convincing himself that it works..
just like magic shows :P the magician convince u that the thing is missing :P

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
Fuel consumption maybe better when u install these stuff, but definitely not engine performance. And as for your friend's experience, most probably it's just his mind playing tricks on him. Like what GSR_X, if you pay a few hundred bucks, of cos you will be sensitive to any "improvement" even though there isn't any.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by SiGNAL@Mar 6 2005, 15:43
Fuel consumption maybe better when u install these stuff, but definitely not engine performance. And as for your friend's experience, most probably it's just his mind playing tricks on him. Like what GSR_X, if you pay a few hundred bucks, of cos you will be sensitive to any "improvement" even though there isn't any.
Yup.. precisely my sentiments. Waste of good money...

Just so many of these miracle products on the market now we have to be cautious. Things like magnets to ionize the petrol particles, etc etc.... loads of bull...

guest18

Known Member
Jul 4, 2004
can diy ... save alot of money and heck try it atleast for fun ...
if dont like throw it away loh

Kodiak_gbl

Known Member
Feb 24, 2005
Johor
Visit site
Actually the concept of the cyclone is also to increase 'turbulance' in the intake. This provides better mixing of the air and fuel, thus better burning. If it works or not... i dunno la :P .

Kodiak

Speedsm0ker

Jan 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
I totally agreed with wat u guys said. :)
If these gadgets really work, why would people modify their cars?
They just go playing these ADD-ONs enuff loh... hahaha :P

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
my car std 1.3 use cyclone, twin surbo and micro compressor combination.
easily can eat other cars for breakfast...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, I am new to this..
Can anyone tell me whether it is advisable to change to adjustable cam pulley and the price range for it.. Does it really help much actually?
Also which air fuel regulator would be best for the satria neo cps?
Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience