Custom Intake Manifold

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
hi all,

someone is trying to sell me a custom intake manifold that i plan to install to my 93T, the custom ones are really oversized, big and comes with extremely fat n short runners which should be good for high revving, however, the TB outlet size is about 70++ mm, so may i ask which throttle body can i fix so that i can get the full potential out from this monster intake manifold?? i heard the honda s2000 or H22A type R's TB is about 70 mm, or wat bout ebay's custom TB or american monster TB like the Falcon XF1?? any good to this?? which brand??

i know HP increases only a lil bit but any estimation? anyone dynoed b4 with this setup? wat's ur opinions? kind to share??

flushafteruse

2,000 RPM
Jun 2, 2004
fire down below
bro,i have seen one 93NA using b16b typeR intake n TB....but slighty mod at the intake curve to make it shorter a bit...torque increasement there..

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
yo bro, i too heard some using type R intake manifold, how does that compare to the GSR intake manifold? i'm using a GSR....

burnner

1,500 RPM
Feb 12, 2007
flush, how much is your custom ground cable price??

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
in turbo application, after consulting with my sifu, i concluded that u only use custom intake when u suffer choking at high rpm using big turbo. for small turbo i.e. stock turbo, best if u use stock manifold.

if using small turbo, the airflow is too slow (because too big) reducing torque. while in high rpm when it provides good flow, the turbo is tired already. so no power up top also. conclusion, not suitable for small turbo users...

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
well khoyos!! thanks for the advice, me think not gonna change to custom at the moment now.... hhehe

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
tuning shouldn't be a prob, i should just go back to khoyos' sifu haha, anyway my intention of putting in the custom intake manifold is to allocate for huge oversized throttle body, but i wanna know wat's the bottleneck TB size for my engine right now lerh.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Audi are pushing ahead with plans for an A9 supersedan to challenge the big boys in the likes of the Porsche Panamera and Mercedes-Benz CLS. The A9 will be marketed as a flagship luxury four-door sports coupe based on the A8.

The interesting part about the A9 is that the platform it uses could very well be used to create the production Lamborghini Estoque as well, killing two birds with one really lightweight space frame stone.

The master plan at Audi was always to produce sibling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience