curiosity question :)

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
yes some mayb is for style
but some may not
for example if a wira with a vr4,evo1,2,3 engine it must do so
bcoz the engine is much more higher n bigger compare to original proton engine
besides that it oso help to reduce the hot air under the hood that produced by the engine

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
nope, its because the engine won't fit in properly especially for Proton mod to mitsui engines like VR4 and Evo...Sometimes they cut one of the brackets on the hood to give exra space and sometimes they lift the hood.

xerofighter

Not so senior member
Mar 2, 2004
Subang
sorry, what i meant is there bulge coming out from the bonet. the cam pulley side will actually hit the bonet. so what they do is cut a piece of the bone structure from the left and knock it out a bit

Last edited:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
1st....to let d hot air escape from engine bay..

2nd....evo cam puley there r abit higher....if din lift up d bonnet in wira...i think cannot close d bonnet....nothing related wit mechanic

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
mine is jacked up so god-damn high! raised by 3 nuts! i actually feel a bit malu cos when ppl c they probably think i'm such a f.cking lame-ass poser showing off etc... currently trying 2 figure outta way this can b solved without cutting a small hole in the bonnet so the cam pulleys can fit nicely underneath. *sigh* shit i sayang my mivec bonnet so much :( i don't wanna cut it! any other suggestions?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
crystal_method said:
mine is jacked up so god-damn high! raised by 3 nuts! i actually feel a bit malu cos when ppl c they probably think i'm such a f.cking lame-ass poser showing off etc... currently trying 2 figure outta way this can b solved without cutting a small hole in the bonnet so the cam pulleys can fit nicely underneath. *sigh* shit i sayang my mivec bonnet so much :( i don't wanna cut it! any other suggestions?
change to evo bonnet..settled

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
but actually there are a few wiras/satrias around with modded engines like VR4 and Evo that can fit in properly without cutting the support bracket or lifting the hood wan. So, it is actually possible, crystal_method...

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
huakenny said:
change to evo bonnet..settled
dude what part of my posting do u not understand man? yes i know change 2 evo bonnet all's settled, that is god damn obvious i think everyone knows that, my whole point is to KEEP the mivec engine hood yet have it fitted nicely... o well i'll figure somethin out...

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
ur rite bro

trex92 said:
but actually there are a few wiras/satrias around with modded engines like VR4 and Evo that can fit in properly without cutting the support bracket or lifting the hood wan. So, it is actually possible, crystal_method...
i know man my fren's evo-in-satria and another VR4 RS-in-aeroback wira their mivec hoods fit sooooo fucking PERFECTLY it makes u wanna piss in ur pants man!! i suppose maybe its cos they got the engine mounted a bit lowe perhaps?? dunno la whatever la it jus fits damn nicely la wei.

Rons

Jul 20, 2005
sg
cos they want to let the cold air comes in ..if they dont put a hole in their stock bonnet or change their bonnet with hole like evo or celica..so they just higher their bonnet to let cold air in and also let their turbo breath..

boosook

Known Member
Jul 14, 2005
Shah Alam
hey crystal_method..leave it like that la..its cool wat..dun care wat other thinks..having the hood jacked up looks garang..hehehe :biggrin: is not that ur using a proton's engine and jacked up ur hood..if it is then ill call it poser la..but urs not..so ur not poser :biggrin:

verticalimit

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
having the hood jacks up serve special purpose for all type engine.

first maybe people think style but actually its to release hot air from

engine bay. its just easy change the hood nuts to bigger nuts then got lift effect already.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ian said:
Bro, at the rate you are going I seriously suspect you are probably an Alien and have 48 hour day.
Alien or not. Great job , Salute.
yes its another alien detailing job...i actually did 2 cars in 3 hours ...the other zebra myvi & this.......

Its just a small simple gift to my bro in law for his generousity to us....well many gift can be brought by master card ...but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience