CRC MAF cleaner

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
the last i asked, 1 brand new MAF sensor can talk about thousand.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
the last i asked, 1 brand new MAF sensor can talk about thousand.
Sorry..? I mean I just dunno how much the CRC spray cleaner may cost. Cause the used MAF sensor will cost around RM60-RM100 depending on model/seller.

Could you please let us know roughly hou much would the CRC spray cleaner will cost..?

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
usually many dont change sensors like changing socks as cost can be exhorbitant for some cars. some tuners are (can be) anal about readings so after a few years they opt to change a new one.

maf sensors range under rm300 to thousands (well u know la some cars)

Bump: usually many dont change sensors like changing socks as cost can be exhorbitant for some cars. some tuners are (can be) anal about readings so after a few years they opt to change a new one.

maf sensors range under rm300 to thousand (well u know la some cars)

CRC can (bleu) = rm38+ onwards. depending on can size

Last edited:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
If i was nto wrong, the CRC maf cleaner i posted is around rm80

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
usually many dont change sensors like changing socks as cost can be exhorbitant for some cars. some tuners are (can be) anal about readings so after a few years they opt to change a new one.

maf sensors range under rm300 to thousands (well u know la some cars)

CRC can (bleu) = rm38+ onwards. depending on can size
If i was nto wrong, the CRC maf cleaner i posted is around rm80
Any idea where to get..?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
I only manage to find the contact cleaner from ACE hardware. But i bought other brand cause the price only 1/2 of CRC. However, i noticed that the CRC alcohol content is higher. It feels cooler when sprayed on hand.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
I only manage to find the contact cleaner from ACE hardware. But i bought other brand cause the price only 1/2 of CRC. However, i noticed that the CRC alcohol content is higher. It feels cooler when sprayed on hand.
hence leaves no residue. evaporate fast.

by spraying at sensors it removes surface contaminants/dirt. try not to blast too close. there are some other brands contact cleaner (red bottle) leaves some greasy residue. NOT recommended!

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hence leaves no residue. evaporate fast.

by spraying at sensors it removes surface contaminants/dirt. try not to blast too close. there are some other brands contact cleaner (red bottle) leaves some greasy residue. NOT recommended!
But i curi curi tested the thing on hand... Realize that the CRC's have higher alcohol content. The CRC's freezes more. The smell reminds me of the VCR tape cleaner that everyone has once upon a time. lol

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bought mine CRC opposite PJ hilton and near KFC. There is a few spare parts dealer there. this shop is not facing the main road. They seems to have a complete range of CRC products.
took this from bimmer forum.

some say can get from brothers. anybody can confirm this ? has anyone seen or now where this can be bought? i tried ace hardware, didnt have.

deVilz Inc

Known Member
Dec 15, 2003
Carjunk
I bought the CRC MAF cleaner about 1 year plus back from a row of spare part shops around the Jalan Tandang/Seksyen 51 area. If u travel along F. Hway heading towards Sunway, you can see this row of spare parts shop on the left after you pass the 222 exit.

Of course there is no direct exit to the shops via F.hway but if i remember correctly; to get to the shop you will have to exit at 222, head towards Assunta hospital, turn right at the first roundabout (toyota topmark showroom) which is before the hospital and take the first right before Wisma Campbell and go all the way straight till the end of the road. The shops should be on your right. it was around RM40 only at that time. Hope this helps.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
tonight or tmr im gonna go brothers and see if they have this ...if they dont..i wont have a choice but to get it when im in kl..

thanks bro devilz for the detailed description.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
already gotten the CRC maf cleaner...got in singapore... $23. around rm50.

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, you can get this in Brothers! In fact I have a can of this at home bought from there. But to those thinking of using it on Mitsubishi Karman Vortex MAF sensors, forget about it, because you only end up screwing the sensor! I'm talking from experience, and there is a warning behind the can saying not to use on Karman Vortex sensors, but I used it anyway after some idiot wrote in forum that Mitsubishi are hotwire.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Btw, I got mine from Brothers Jalan Ampang.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Guys, you can get this in Brothers! In fact I have a can of this at home bought from there. But to those thinking of using it on Mitsubishi Karman Vortex MAF sensors, forget about it, because you only end up screwing the sensor! I'm talking from experience, and there is a warning behind the can saying not to use on Karman Vortex sensors, but I used it anyway after some idiot wrote in forum that Mitsubishi are hotwire.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Btw, I got mine from Brothers Jalan Ampang.
Where along Jalan Ampang exactly?

I've been to Brothers along OKR & Bdr Baru Ampang..both do not carry MAF Cleaner, only electronic contact cleaner.

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
It definitely works, in that it cleans your MAF sensor to give more accurate reading. Dirty sensors can cause wrong readings leading to lower car performance.

sengasdf

Known Member
Feb 18, 2007
Kajang
It definitely works, in that it cleans your MAF sensor to give more accurate reading. Dirty sensors can cause wrong readings leading to lower car performance.
Hi, how often do we need to clean the MAF sensor? Like wait until the reading is not correct or certain KM interval? Thanks

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
I use cheap contact cleaner bought from general electrical shops and non of them fail me after not less than 40 times of use in this 5 years. (contact cleaner manufacture needs to thanks to K&N mushroom). What you need is to clean the MAF like using water jet to clean your car and need to wait for drying. After that, need to reset ECU to default (pull battery, depends on car) and start calibration procedure for short/long term fuel trim and etc (different car different procedure). I bought at RM9 per bottle of cheap electronic contact cleaner and I'm happy with it. Someone may argue the thin protecting wax film that left on by using contact cleaner (certain brand) but hey, please study what is MAF and how it works, vs how the film specification. RM50 for a bottle of spray? Not too bad if able to raise the sensor's sensitivity beyond the manufacture spec :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello sifus out there, i have been searching for a car around mudah and found few factory standard S15 Silvia sold as track car around RM20-25k... What caught my attention is why is this nearly new and decent car are sold as spareparts? If im right they are not legal and cannot be registered here in malaysia right? but why? is the importer import this cars as a half-cut? is there a way to register these cars? Sorry i have a big curiosity hope all sifus can help me :itsme:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience