Convert whole body to carbon fibre, where can it be done?

-NA->

Jun 29, 2005
Penang
Or to any equally lightweight material...

Let's say hatch-back car, Satria for instance....

I know it's gonna cost a bomb... but how much eh?

Thanks in advance :_:

MaNofWaR

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2003
On the AiR
Visit site
bro...
price is one issue...another is are there any company willing to do it? at a price which is logical...
but i've seen one bmw e46 in an american magazine which has the whole interior carbon fibre. no more plastics, pu or vinyl interior. except the seats.
the owner is a carbon fetish i guess

just my 2 cents.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
dreamcarsasia autoshow 2005... the lambo murcielago is full carbon fibre bodykit...

erm, sorry, dont know where got do full cf bodykit and how much it is... hehe...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
i wonder wat will happen during an accident with full CF body..?

TEAMADVAN

1,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
did u guys see a GT or a F1 car berkecai after accident?
me nope....
it depends on wat kinda material u use...
if carbon will crack and lost the part that u crack....
but GT car / F1 use 3 layer of carbon...while street car use one layer of carbona nd two layer of fibre...that also cost u about 40K+.....
if u wan, u can PM me...monster garage ipoh can do it...:_:

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
F1 it does break into pieces wei... haha everytime after accdeint got alot of debri on the race track..

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
If you've been watching F1 long enough, you'd realise when a car crashes, you see lots of carbon fibre scrapnels on the track. Thats the reason why they employ the safety car to come out and regulate the car speed so that the track cleaners can remove all debris that might be sharp enough to puncture a tyre of a F1 car.
Carbon fibre are extremely strong but is also very brittle. They break into pieces at impact. But of coz that depends on what sort of impact.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
TEAMADVAN said:
did u guys see a GT or a F1 car berkecai after accident?
me nope....
it depends on wat kinda material u use...
if carbon will crack and lost the part that u crack....
but GT car / F1 use 3 layer of carbon...while street car use one layer of carbona nd two layer of fibre...that also cost u about 40K+.....
if u wan, u can PM me...monster garage ipoh can do it...:_:
wah... monster garage can do so many things arr??... i wonder can ask them opinions how to tune my 4g13 iswara... haha... i see they all tune sports cars only....

TEAMADVAN

1,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
of cos small pieces got lar....sumtimes uneven road also cause their front generator breaks also....but then. those are "breaks/broken" which can be repair...not "ONCE HIT, BERKECAI KECAI".....to me, this words means sumting like left the steering wheel hold by driver after accident.....hahahaha......:_:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I think Cf body is posible. however, once the car/part of the car involved in accident, then parts msut be replaced (NOT KETUK BALIK, or go shopping at frenly kreta potong for second hand replacement).

If the initial cost of CF body already make your wallet bleeding, then replacing damaged CF part is going to kill you....

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
jeez...you really got a lot of money to blow ka? a good quality CF front bonnet alone ( like Varis, for example ) will cost you about RM 2.4k++. That's just the front bonnet, what about front lip, rear hatch and rear spoiler, it'll be at least RM5k++ to RM 6k++. if it's for daily use / weekend car, tak payah la. if it's for those silly autoshow events, then just go buy plenty of large - sized CF stickers of a good grade, then tampal le the whole car. it's stupid to have so much money to blow, and to spend 'em on the outskirts of the car, when it's better spent for engine / brakes / chassis.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
... and there's not a lot of large - sized ovens around Malaysia that can help form CF parts too!

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
a good example of a full bodied cf track car was the evo 8 built by hks that nobuteru taniguchi crashed during a test lap if i'm not mistaken.

at high speed collisions, the cf will definitely crack and leave debris all over the place but at say a collision of 30-60 maybe even 90 km/h would only cause the cf (say the bonnet) to flex a certain amount and then return back to it's initial size and shape.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
whatdamn said:
a good example of a full bodied cf track car was the evo 8 built by hks that nobuteru taniguchi crashed during a test lap if i'm not mistaken.

at high speed collisions, the cf will definitely crack and leave debris all over the place but at say a collision of 30-60 maybe even 90 km/h would only cause the cf (say the bonnet) to flex a certain amount and then return back to it's initial size and shape.
N.Taniguchi ( whose face is so similar to Max Orido! ) crashed the car at Tsukuba during a 1 Lap Time Attack session, it was 56 or 57 seconds, I forgot oledi liao. I would say that most of the CF bonnets sold here ( or the ones that can be ordered, like Spoon's and Varis ) can survive accidents only up to 30 kph ( on the safe side lah ), above that speed, it will crack at certain parts of the weave ( depends whether the bonnet have a proper full frame beneath, like Spoon's, and that's why u don't need to use bonnet clips with Spoon CF front bonnet, it's not too light and still quite durable ) depends also where the bonnet takes the most brunt / impact / damage.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Finally I got my self of a black swan.... she went through tremendous custom and by the time i got he back months later she was wounded.....I had to bear with the pain and restore her beauty.....

upon collecting my preown Iron Horse

I make some custom parts request and while waiting for the parts, it was kept in the factory....
exciting to get my very own Iron was bruised...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience