connect 2chnl amp-4 chnl amp

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

prince8485

May 11, 2005
KL
bro, last saturday went to one shop at tamansri rampai...that chap offering me Kenwood 4 chnl amp for RM600.00 plus installation and everuthing....this is very cheap...but i suspected that amp is 2nd hand one maa....cause that one i saw in other shop offer RM900...
At first i agree to install but my heart still saying noo.....dub..dub..no...no...when they want to install than i said to him i've already have 2 chnl amp...so he said using standard HU my system cannot tarik both from HU because it only have 2 pre-out...1 already taken to powered 2 chnl then he said from HU tarik to 4 chnl amp than use short RCA cable and connect 4chnnl amp-2 chnl amp...hmmmm..i'm not reallly understand...do u guys know thow to solve this? are this going to effect less power to blast my sub?
For ur info, mine standard waja HU, 2chnl amp, 1x12" sub.....or do u can give ur idea how to setup my system....need it urgently..

Thanks bro's...

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
noob opinion

Maybe, you can use a splitter RCA or Y-RCA (I do not know the actual name). What the guy say might be possible if the 4 channel amp support it. Some amp comes with a bypass pre-out. Meaning, the signal that comes into the amp will be directly channeled to one set of its' pre outs. You need to check the spec of the amp to confirm this. One other choice would be to use a pre-amp like an electronic crossover or an equalizer. Hope this helps.

d3s

500 RPM
May 1, 2005
KL
Well... u can either use a crossover, pre-amp o use a high to low...
to connect the 4 channels amp...

Master D

Known Member
Nov 26, 2004
KL/JB
Visit site
Depending on whether you wanna stick with your Stock Waja HU for long, you can either get an Xover which will be the safest bet or use a Y connector if you feel you wanna stick with the stock HU. I would assume that you will sometime down the road upgrade the HU, so the cheapest alternative will be the Y connector.

RM600 is indeed cheap, check on the warranty period?

Beetle

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
So basically you have 2 amps with 4 + 2 = 6 channels, and you only have 2 preouts.......
what you can do is use the 2 preouts on your HU for the 4 channel amp, each side RCA go to Y-rca (1 into 2)
Then as for your 2 channel amp you have to use a Hi Low converter, connect to HU ->HiLow-> amp
I have the Y cable you're looking for
Interested call me 016 2696817 only RM10 each, you will need two pairs
Hi low I also got RM20 :)
p/s: I'm not an installer, just selling off my old stuff

saga_iswara

Jan 19, 2005
preamp

i think u can use preamp coz preamp got 3 output sub out,rear out and front out and u can control ur sub freq, bass, low, mid and high.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all evo expert!need ur guide~if i wan to convert evo 7.5 to evo 9...beside front n rear bumper..what else do i need?Bonnet n grill n lamp n tail light need to change as well? ....... :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience