Cheap B-O-T on 4g93

bluhapp2

my current engine is mitsubishi 4g93 NA from libero iinm.

im planning to bolt on to this engine. im wondering what parts should i get.

im planning to boost around 0.5-0.6 bar only.

my friend told me to get stock GSR turbine + GSR extractor + vr4 I/C.

any leads on the pricing for that? or is that any cheaper alternative?

thanks in advance.

thanks in advance.

Agreed with
jinkl, the bolt on process will end up with higher cost if not plan properly, plus the eager to modify more in future...hehe.

But here is something to share from me.
There is another things to do sir in bolt on your engine.
Not just GSR turbine + GSR extractor + vr4 I/C, for safety also you need to use metal gasket to reduce your engine compression in order to counter the pinking and play safe when boosting.

If got the budget, change your original piston to original GSR piston, aftermarket conrod such as Duratech and change the engine bearing to Race Bearing (King, Aluglide, ACL) -> this modify have an advantage to play in higher boosting.
Plus you need to modify your head and your oil sump in order to have the oil line for your turbine.

Regarding the pricing, you can check at the Market place section in Zerotohundred, all the items should be in the market with various price.

For me, bolt on turbo is not really easy and cheap alternative, always more than rm2+++.

All the best and happy modifying! :driver:

Last edited:
about the gaskets. i already using metal gasket. not sure the thickness but thicker than normal because i already plan out to bolt on.

as i said. im not looking for high boost. just a 0.5bar maybe.

about the management, i got SAFCII lying in my store waiting to be installed.

so, does my plan seems OK? i mean the stock gsr's things

Can TD05 be fit into GSR? Pros and Cons? What are the modifications required and cost?

im using the extra injector setup as i have 2pc of 510cc injector laying around here.

bro better save cash and fit in a gsr engine! bot will cost more in the end! cause when u start boosting u always wan more! and na engine not made to stand high boost! gsr engine safer and start from there la for higher boost!

about the gaskets. i already using metal gasket. not sure the thickness but thicker than normal because i already plan out to bolt on.

Seems everything should be ok, instead of using 2 extra injector 510cc, just upgrade your injector to GSR Injector (390cc), its more safe and install adjustable fuel regulator for tuning later...for better tuning, upgrade your ecu and air air flow sensor to GSR.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Can TD05 be fit into GSR? Pros and Cons? What are the modifications required and cost?

TD05 can be fit into GSR original manifold, need to lay a bit the hole there to be fit with the TD05 housing.

Pros = More fast lor! :proud:
Cons = Need to spend some cash...:driver:

im not thinking of plonking in GSRT engine. as i just plonk in my 4g93 NA engine last month.

also, im not boosting high. i just love the nature of the turbocharged engine. :)

i got the Fuel pressure regulator and SAFCII. about the injectors. im thinking of using extra injectors as i got these 2 pc for free. but i'll be upgrading to GSR injector if that what i need.

also. currently i got myself GSR i/c (kotak tisu) along with GSR stock i/c piping. what i need left is the turbine itself. and im set right?

i've asked my mech, he can custom my oil feed for my turbine.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

1 question. can i use RHF4 turbine from subaru legacy? or is it not reccomended? someone offered me this turbine for a cheap price. or i better stick to stock GSR turbine?

u can use the smaller one (legacy twin turbo)...since u r not boosting high...what a great torque from that...but on higher rpm u wouldn't increase much power..

thanks in advance.

Well, eventually everyone went for BOT route will think it's cheaper than having a halfcut. I would say YES. But not alot. And you may not be even close to what u gonna get from a halfcut.

Metal gasket. U have to confirm the thickness. U will only be able to reduce 0.5CR when use 1.5mm metal gasket. Still too high for turbocharging 7psi.

Management should be something in your list before U think about ur turbo.

Yes. Need to bore up the exhaust manifold oulet to match the exhaust inlet of TD05. The exhaust flange also have a different orientation. Need to cur out, turn and weld back.

Pros
More effective high boost.
Support you all the way to 3XXWHP depending on set up
Can rev up to rev cut and still feel the boost, provided u've done other supporting mods.

Cons
More expensive
Modification on the manifold needed
Minimum boost 0.-0.9bar depending on actuator condition
LAGGGGZZZZZ

im using the extra injector setup as i have 2pc of 510cc injector laying around here.

How are you gonna control the injectors..? Are you gonna tap the signals from ur ECU..? Can the SAFCII suppot subinjectors..?

I know emanage can control the sub-injector with an independent Map in the e-manage with injector harness.

bro better save cash and fit in a gsr engine! bot will cost more in the end! cause when u start boosting u always wan more! and na engine not made to stand high boost! gsr engine safer and start from there la for higher boost!

Not necessary. It's because everyone thinks BOT is MUCH CHEAPER than a GSR halfcut, that's why they eventually failed the engine for not knowing the limit of the set up.

Here is a breakdown cost of a decent BOT 4G93 that is reliable:

TD04L turbo with manifold = RM600-RM700
GSR ECU = RM600-RM700
GSR 390cc Injectors = RM250-RM300
Resistor pack = RM80-RM100 (If DIY, will cost <RM25)
TOYOTA 4AGZE Pistons with rings= RM700
Machinig to be done on conrods to suit 4AGZE pistons = RM250
Customized Clutch plate = RM350
BOV/RBV=RM400-RM700
Head gasket and Oil sump gasket when u remove the pistons = RM180
Modification to be done on Oil sump for oil return = RM80
Misc like T for oil turbo oil inlet, hose clips, hosses, water inlet/outlet and etc = RM50-RM100
Intercooler piping from GSR = RM200-RM250 depending on condition
GSR Cams = RM250 or U wanna keep ur NA cams with cam pulleys to overcome the overlapping problem, JASMA = RM320

It's already RM3990-RM4660

Comparing to buying a halfcut, say 9k. here is what u'll get on top of BOT
-A 4WD GB with suitable ratio for turbo = RM1.4K
-A 9" GSR flywheel + clutch = RM500
-A Block with oil squirt = Dunno what's the price cause hard to get
-Mitsu Dashboard with digital AC panel = RM850
-A more sturdy drive shaft with block bearing mount = RM150
-A head with really big ports that U know U'll never be able to achieve no matter how many times u send ur 4G93NA head for port n polish. Say 3 stage porting on NA head RM1200

So, now... Do the calculation again and reconsider.

Like 93NA said. The Gss is very addictive. Everyone says they want 0.5bars in the beginning.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

im not thinking of plonking in GSRT engine. as i just plonk in my 4g93 NA engine last month.

also, im not boosting high. i just love the nature of the turbocharged engine. :)

i got the Fuel pressure regulator and SAFCII. about the injectors. im thinking of using extra injectors as i got these 2 pc for free. but i'll be upgrading to GSR injector if that what i need.

also. currently i got myself GSR i/c (kotak tisu) along with GSR stock i/c piping. what i need left is the turbine itself. and im set right?

i've asked my mech, he can custom my oil feed for my turbine.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

1 question. can i use RHF4 turbine from subaru legacy? or is it not reccomended? someone offered me this turbine for a cheap price. or i better stick to stock GSR turbine?

U'll end up spending more on modding the manifold and the exhaust outlet.

after reading this i started to think twice about bot my sgti... hmmmmm....

after reading this i started to think twice about bot my sgti... hmmmmm....

Provided that u're sure to keep the boost even if u're over taken by a MYVI/CIVIC EK and u can maintain cool. Then u go for the first option. Cheap.

ouch...if that happens,it'll sure hurt a lot...haha.especially if tapau by myvi..
an ek club member once told me a story of one ek tapau evo..but after that drag that ek engine pecah...so might not hurt that much if overtaken by an ek :biggrin:

ive been bolting on turbos, superchargers, and still maintain the reliability of those rides, y ler u guys say like gonna terbarai je if bot? if done properly, its definitely gonna last long and be reliable.

ive raised a compression an evo3 to around 11.8~12.2, and boost it sky high 1.7bar on a bigger T3/T4, producing a mere 360 on dyno dynamics, running under 5secs to the hundred, and havent blown a piston so far, at least not yet. people have been telling me its not possible, but yet there it is, roaming around selamba je, more then 3 years dah.. of course tuning was done by the maestro of microtech, joshua thiran of millennium motorsports asia, i expect nuthing less then a reliable tune. fyi, when tuning is done properly, dat extra power is an added bonus je.. people who tune solely for the power figure are usually the ones dat blow an engine up, ive seen many of dat hapenning..

nuff said..

Proper plan in doing turbos machine is very important, agreed with xtremeleo! :driver:
Every things need to be consider before it can be done, do a proper plan, then you will not regret latter regarding your performance outcome + the budget you already invest in doing b.o.t or turbos machine..:burnout:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom